PDA

View Full Version : Little loon lake?

Kurt505
07-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know where to fish at little loon lake? I'm at the lake right now, camped by the beach. It's raining so there's nobody out on the lake. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

bigdeer91
07-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know where to fish at little loon lake? I'm at the lake right now, camped by the beach. It's raining so there's nobody out on the lake. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

is that the little loon lake in sask?

Kurt505
07-22-2011, 06:14 PM
is that the little loon lake in sask?

Yep, just outside of Glaslyn.

bigdeer91
07-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Yep, just outside of Glaslyn.

ok if you wont to get some eyes head over to makwa lake boat go through the crick under the bridge and head over to the sand bar.troll along the drop off .use leaches or crawlers. with spin and glows .theres big pike there to .
let me now how you make out.

Kurt505
07-22-2011, 06:38 PM
ok if you wont to get some eyes head over to makwa lake boat go through the crick under the bridge and head over to the sand bar.troll along the drop off .use leaches or crawlers. with spin and glows .theres big pike there to .
let me now how you make out.

I haven't been on little loon yet so I was wondering where to try. Where is makwa from little loon?

AngusMacHuge
07-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Loon lake (Makwa) and Little Loon (Glaslyn) are two different lakes over 100km away from each other.

The fishing on Little Loon is best at dusk, I've had my best luck at the east end of the lake (far end from the beach & launch area). Either in shallow around the end of the lake, or deeper around the beaver house. The fishing usually picks up right before sunset, then drops off again after it gets dark. Never caught a fish there before 7pm. Orange and chartreuse jigs tipped with beef heart or worms are what we use. All pan sized walleye, nothing huge, lake gets a lot of pressure for its size.

Kurt505
07-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'll give it a go once the rain stops.

Bill L
07-23-2011, 08:14 AM
You can try by the boat launch or walk the other way and try wherever you can access the lake. Have used pickerel rigs with beef heart or worm, red and white spoons, jig with white tail. Some days you can catch all day and some days are slow especially if the ski boats have made the water dirty.
I am heading there on Friday so please leave some fish for me ..lol
Do you have a boat?

Kurt505
07-23-2011, 10:28 AM
You can try by the boat launch or walk the other way and try wherever you can access the lake. Have used pickerel rigs with beef heart or worm, red and white spoons, jig with white tail. Some days you can catch all day and some days are slow especially if the ski boats have made the water dirty.
Do you have a boat?

Ya I got a little aluminum fold up boat that fits inside trailer and a Minn Kota motor so small lakes and calm days are my friend. I had a fella tell me that the little cove across from the beach has fishermen in it. This seems to be more of a golf lake than a fishing lake.

Bill L
07-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Try around the point that is to the right of the beach and along the shore straight down from the entrance. If you want to go farther then look for the pump house at the south east end of the campground and try there.
We usually use a slip bobber setup with either a jig or hook and bait.

Kurt505
07-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Do you have a boat?

Ya I got a little aluminum fold up boat that fits inside trailer and a Minn Kota motor so small lakes and calm days are my friend. I had a fella tell me that the little cove across from the beach has fishermen in it. This seems to be more of a golf lake than a fishing lake.