PDA

View Full Version : Lake Deifenbaker

Fishhunter
07-23-2011, 09:59 AM
We are going to sask landing prov park in a couple weeks and was hoping for some tips on rainbow fishing,do i need down riggers or willow leafs or spinners i just dont know where to start any info would be great.thanks in advance.

Sundancefisher
07-23-2011, 11:42 AM
We are going to sask landing prov park in a couple weeks and was hoping for some tips on rainbow fishing,do i need down riggers or willow leafs or spinners i just dont know where to start any info would be great.thanks in advance.

I heard a good method is to toss a large smelt on a hook off botom in about 14 feet of water at dawn or dusk.

Otherwise slow troll a large white clouded.

Winch101
07-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Toss a 00 Len Thompson 5o Diamonds ....You will pick up some walleyes aS

WELL...

Fishhunter
07-24-2011, 06:44 AM
Thanks guys

PaulD
07-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi FH,
You might wanna check out fishingsaskatchewan.ca There is a very useful forum there as well as a couple of online Lake Diefenbaker videos that Steve & Smitty have shot. I have only shore fished there, usually at the pump stations near the dam. We used pickeral rigs with bait. Not exciting, but the action was alright early in the AM. Personal best was 8.5 lbs. Down from the spillway is where the outrageous rainbows are caught. It's a big lake with great fishing. Enjoy.

Fishhunter
07-28-2011, 08:04 AM
I have never been to the lake before is the spillway below the dam or is there another one some place else. thanks

Easywean
07-28-2011, 10:10 AM
If you are at Sask Landing you will not be anywhere near the dam. It is at the other end of the lake and is a long boat ride from you