PDA

View Full Version : Need help. Lost tackle at Glenmore 7/21

crosman177
07-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Went night fishing at North Glenmore park late weds night/ thurs morning. knew i had accidently left bag of minnows behind but did not realize till today that i had left my small clear tackle box of spoons behind. had my entire size collection and colours of williams and len thompsons 40 + pieces. went back tonight after fishing at another spot and realised they were not in my bag. went back to glenmore and found the minnows and nothing else.

Please contact me @ 4035544789 i lost them at North Glenmore near the rowing club in the small inlet near the locked up racing kayaks. near a big log with burnt camp fire wood. it was dark and i shoulda double checked.

BGAngler
07-23-2011, 11:36 PM
**** man sorry to hear, I was on the other side today :( Hopefully whoever has it is on here/has a conscience

Lefty-Canuck
07-23-2011, 11:58 PM
One can only hope if someone picked it up they are a member of the forum....if not it is unlikely you will get it back....

LC

deanmc
07-24-2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry015.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

crosman177
07-24-2011, 07:51 AM
I will offer a reward. bad timing for losing my kit, can not afford to replace it. i plan on going back tonight after work and placing a sign in the spot. ads up on craiglist and kijiji aswell. pretty bummed out.

slivers86
07-24-2011, 05:35 PM
crosman, I'm going out to the glenmore on the 26th probably, you're welcome to join me, I have a few 5's you can use for the evening if ya wanna nail some pike or whatever takes :)

Stinky Buffalo
07-25-2011, 09:59 AM
crosman, I'm going out to the glenmore on the 26th probably, you're welcome to join me, I have a few 5's you can use for the evening if ya wanna nail some pike or whatever takes :)

...and that's what makes this forum so awesome. :)

bigbuck19
07-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I lost my pole/rod near Buck a few weeks ago, of course it was gone. Crappy feeling, I didn't have a backup either. I hope someone comes forward and returns your box. I don't have anything too fancy, but if you need a couple spoons I can snail mail some.

Jayhad
07-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Glenmore Reservoir
May 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout limit 5; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Perch limit 15; Bait fish not allowed.
Nov. 1 to Apr. 30 – CLOSED

Bait Fish means any of the following:

suckers (family Catostomidae)
sticklebacks (family Gasterosteidae)
trout-perch (Percopsis omiscomaycus)
Iowa darter (Etheostoma exile)
minnows (family Cyprinidae), except carp, goldfish and the western silvery minnow.

Hope you weren't using that bag o' minnows

Lefty-Canuck
07-25-2011, 10:33 AM
:sEm_oops2:

Glenmore Reservoir
May 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout limit 5; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Perch limit 15; Bait fish not allowed.
Nov. 1 to Apr. 30 – CLOSED

Bait Fish means any of the following:

minnows (family Cyprinidae), except carp, goldfish and the western silvery minnow.

Hope you weren't using that bag o' minnows

Now that you posted about the minnows.... and put your PH number in your OP....you may be getting a call from F&W....

LC

BGAngler
07-25-2011, 11:04 AM
You sure they aren't allowing smelts? Tons of people were using them when I was there Saturday, one guy said they're legal to use this year. I was confused since regs say you can't?...

Stewie
07-25-2011, 11:07 AM
:sEm_oops2:

Now that you posted about the minnows.... and put your PH number in your OP....you may be getting a call from F&W....

LC

he never said he was using the minnows... he's trying to find this tackle box bud

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 11:09 AM
You sure they aren't allowing smelts? Tons of people were using them when I was there Saturday, one guy said they're legal to use this year. I was confused since regs say you can't?...

smelts and minnows are 2 very different things

Braun
07-25-2011, 11:12 AM

yes you are allowed smelts. Smelts do not classify as baitfish in alberta. The difference is that smelts, herring and the like are salt water and can not survive in our freshwater. so smelts, herring, and the like would be allowed. i guess even whole, dead shrimp would even be allowed. He did say "a bag of minnows" but could have meant smelts.

I dono about you but I have never seen minnows come in a bag. (except those super small ones you can get for perch). however i buy my smelts from grocery stores and they are in a bag. way cheaper. more than likely just a slip of the tongue

Jayhad

just me but I would defer to the regs over "one guy"..... but you may have misnamed them

BGAngler
smelts and minnows are 2 very different things

figured as much. I'll have to look it up I've never used either/know nothing about them.

RayL42
07-25-2011, 11:13 AM

Smelts are not considered bait fish

RayL42
07-25-2011, 11:14 AM
oops looks like I am a little slow on the old key board

BGAngler
07-25-2011, 11:14 AM
just me but I would defer to the regs over "one guy"

okay, 4 guys. Didn't think much of it as I wasn't about to call anyone out on it without being sure if there was a difference. Now I know.

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Your not permitted to use any live/breathing baitfish in alberta. Therefore i believe they distinguish between smelts and minnows to control the trapping of minnows.

BGAngler
07-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks For the clarification Braun. Now I know. Might have to give it a try. That wildeye was such a weed magnet haha

Braun
07-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Your not permitted to use any live/breathing baitfish in alberta. Therefore i believe they distinguish between smelts and minnows to control the trapping of minnows.

Ive heard that too. also meant to mention that. regardless its a double + restricts harvest of crucial bait and allows bait to be used

crosman177
07-25-2011, 12:00 PM
i was using smelts, i still have the receipt from Canadian tire that day. Just when i put post up i was in a hurry and said minnows OOOPS! :snapoutofit:

Thanks for the honest replies from every1 i do appreciate it. I'm going to start identifying all my boxes with contact labels incase this ever happens again, i hope not.

crosman177
07-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Here is the receipt incase anyone gives me anymore grief or calls BS.

Knife
2 Lures
Dew Worms
Smelts

I know the rules and follow them. I just want to find my lost tackle.

-Thanks.

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM

Knife
2 Lures
Dew Worms
Smelts

I just want to find my lost tackle.

I would hardly call it grief or B.S........you posted MINNOWS not anyone else.
Some good info came from the resulting posts.

but whatever......good luck finding your tackle

out

Gust
07-25-2011, 01:17 PM

Knife
2 Lures
Dew Worms
Smelts

I just want to find my lost tackle. Thanks.

The Dew Worms are such a rip-off eh?

baitfisher83
07-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Knife
2 Lures
Dew Worms
Smelts

I know the rules and follow them. I just want to find my lost tackle.

-Thanks.

That's it?

crosman177
07-25-2011, 01:28 PM
I bought that stuff to go fishing.

I lost a clear tackle box with 40-50 len thompson, williams and no name spoons. The box has rapala leaflets in it to keep the treble hooks from scratching the plastic and so it closes easier.

Glad people are learning the difference between minnows and smelts. yes 12 worms for $5 is abit much. any help is appreciated. sucks losing this.

baitfisher83
07-25-2011, 01:29 PM
I bought that stuff to go fishing.

I lost a clear tackle box with 40-50 len thompson, williams and no name spoons. The box has rapala leaflets in it to keep the treble hooks from scratching the plastic and so it closes easier.

Glad people are learning the difference between minnows and smelts. yes 12 worms for $5 is abit much.

You bought fishing gear to go fishing????whoda thunk it.

crosman177
07-25-2011, 01:30 PM
thx. your not helping.

slivers86
07-25-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm glad this topic came up, I had no clue I could use smelt. Can you use it everywhere? I thought it was considered baitfish! I'm still very new. When it says no bait, thats everything, but if it says no BAITFISH it just refers to the names listed above in the forum? PM for clarification if needed :) thanks

BGAngler
07-25-2011, 01:51 PM
You bought fishing gear to go fishing????whoda thunk it.

Useless post is useless.

Sry for taking this OT, hope you find em
man, I'd be livid.

Jack&7
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Crosman...

Sorry to hear about your situation. I know that is a terrible feeling as my Dad did the same thing a few years back and still talks about how pizzed off he was at losing a whole tackle box.

I was just talking with a friend the other day about what it would cost to replace a full tackle box and it sure added up in a hurry. Over a $1000 came up a few times when we calculated the totals....

I must say it is a sad to see the 'forum police' pick a guy apart when he is looking for some help. But it has happened more times than I care to remember on here. You feel like you have to defend yourself regardless of what you post for fear of being scrutinized. One typo and you are under the microscope...

Anyway...I hope you do get your tackle back, but I fear it is highly unlikely. A lot of good people on this forum have helped other members when they are in need (they have helped me too!). So I would like to pay it forward...

I will put together a bunch of spoons, cranks, etc. together...including some home-made spinners (if you want them...). Let me know where you are and we can meet for the exchange. Barring that, PM me your address and I will send you a little box full of stuff.

Best of luck...

J7

Crusty
07-26-2011, 08:19 AM
I think he's good to go. 177 dropped by this aft. and picked up a box I threw together.

Once again, if ya aint part of the gang, your screwed into the dirt!

Some of the posters are very self centered and have forgotten that not too long ago they we're in need of different things, if you get my drift!

Christofficer
07-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks for helping my friend out guys. Crosman177 is my fishing buddy. I coulda guessed someone would ridicule about him calling smelt "minnows". I can see why but he proved himself so leave it be.

btw, what happened to sunday? didn't get your call. Phone me when you get this I'll send you a message too.

slivers86
07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I think he's good to go. 177 dropped by this aft. and picked up a box I threw together.

Once again, if ya aint part of the gang, your screwed into the dirt!

Some of the posters are very self centered and have forgotten that not too long ago they we're in need of different things, if you get my drift!

X2

Remember the Golden Rule children? :fighting0030:

Unknown303
07-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Darn I am getting a whole pile of used gear today that I was going to offer some up to you. To bad other people beat me to being nice...

Jack&7
07-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Crosman...

Glad to see you got some help (good on ya, Crusty)...but my offer still stands. If you still need some stuff, let me know.

And yes...it is true. Some members have forgotten that they needed help once. Oddly enough, the member I am thinking of has posted many threads asking for various kinds of help over the past few years and currently has another one on here. Yet, this person felt it was necessary to get on the bashing bandwagon here. Sad.

Anyway...Good luck getting back out there!

Jack.

Lefty-Canuck
07-27-2011, 11:06 AM
I stand corrected...sorry to the OP...I thought bait ban meant no bait period? no worms, minnows, smelts, "Gulps", etc....

In light of some recent posts...guy who posted about catching some browns that were clearly undersize...I guess I assumed this was a similar post.

Sorry about that!

Nice of the other guys to step up and help you out!

LC

Braun
07-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I stand corrected...sorry to the OP...I thought bait ban meant no bait period? no worms, minnows, smelts, "Gulps", etc....

In light of some recent posts...guy who posted about catching some browns that were clearly undersize...I guess I assumed this was a similar post.

Sorry about that!

Nice of the other guys to step up and help you out!

LC

LC,

"Bait ban" does mean no bait what so ever; worms, smelts, maggots, plastic BAITS.

but "no bait fish" means no:

Lefty-Canuck
07-27-2011, 11:59 AM
LC,

"Bait ban" does mean no bait what so ever; worms, smelts, maggots, plastic BAITS.

but "no bait fish" means no:

Ahhhh gotcha....my bad I got caught off guard by terminology...

Thanks for the clarification.

LC