PDA

View Full Version : Can't see the lake through the pond

WillyOneStyle
07-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Yesterday I went to float and fish Kakut lake north east of Grande Prairie, I'd never been there before. I parked the truck and evaluated the situation: a small land bridge separated a pond from the rest of the lake. I walked around the pond, inflated the tube and spent the next few hours pulling weeds off my nymphs.
When I got home noticed that the Barry Mitchell fishing guide lists Kakut pond and not Kakut lake.
Did I walk around the trout to fish a barren lake?

Is there anything in Kakut Lake proper?

Hunter Trav
07-25-2011, 10:27 AM
LOL...Sounds like you were fishing for duck s#*t, the trout are in the pond...LOL :D

pickrel pat
07-25-2011, 10:33 AM
lol! sorry man..... but thats funny stuff!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

TUFFBUFF
07-25-2011, 03:36 PM
The pond is right in front of you when you drive in, there's a trail around the whole thing. The little bridge is on the west side (to your left), overflow is east side. nymph/bobber in the evening is my best luck there.

x2 on the goose/loon crap!

rumors of perch & pike in the lake, probably subject to winterkill sometimes

Hunter Trav
07-26-2011, 10:08 AM
There's nothing in the lake, unless some of the perch got out over there. May have been someone tossing some pike in there, but I doubt they would've made it. I'm sure the last few winters up there it probably froze solid. Its not very deep at all. The pond however is a good 20', and someone through some perch in it a few years back, but I think most of them died off from what we could see on the camera last time I was there...