PDA

View Full Version : Recent Upper/Lower K results?

slivers86
07-25-2011, 08:18 AM
I know there are scattered threads, maybe this one will stick and we can all use it. How have the lakes been? I'm thinking of maybe driving out tomorrow and spinning from shore.. any input would be appreciated :)

Braun
07-25-2011, 08:25 AM
WHAT????? SORRY I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE WINDS AND 2 FOOT SWELLS SMASHING SHORE..........

Wish i could give a report but we had nothing put issues with the wind yesterday. Couldnt find the fish. Had I more time to explore i would have walked to the other side of the upper lake across from the boat launch. I would bet right at the tip of that bowl, there are fish stacked up when the lake has winds like yesterday. the currents would push all the food towards the boat launch and and the fish sit in that calm water waiting for the food to go by and just strap they're feedbags on. It would be quite the hike though.

ADIDAFish
07-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I went on Friday and it was a crappy day. The water was rough and it was cold and the fish were not biting. We caught one 11" cutt between the three of us. We didn't try the evening fishing though since we wanted to get off of the lake.

Scott N
07-25-2011, 10:03 AM
I was out a week ago on Saturday on the Lower Lake and caught one fish, and had one other definate bite in about 4 hours of fishing. It was a slow day.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn93/ScottN01/P1000861.jpg

RayL42
07-25-2011, 10:22 AM
My fishing buddy was out last week not sure what day; however he only goes out on calm days.

He did good caught 6 in two hours; 4 in the 16 inch range, 1 22 inch, and 1 just around 12 inch, all on the fly rod.

BGAngler
07-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Two cutts around 8 am, 2 rainbows and 2 bulls around 3-4 pm in the pool by the first creek if you head down the path from the furthest parking lot. Later in the evening a guy in a belly boat had two on but lost both in the calm area across from the boat launch. That was upper k yesterday. Everythin caught on flies under bobber/fly rod. I got nothing on spinners, went through about 7 different ones, including jig with plastic worm

kinwahkly
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
It has slowed down quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, lots of wind, it will be better in a couple of weeks.

slivers86
07-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Anyone out there today?

IanL
07-28-2011, 07:17 AM
I was out at Upper K Yesterday morning - just caught a single 12 inch cuttie in 3 hours on an olive gold head

What's everyone using?