PDA

View Full Version : touchwood

pickrel pat
07-25-2011, 12:42 PM
fished it yesterday. was good. jig head and minnow floating around on my one man pontoon boat. just draggin it along the bottom with the wind. paddle out to about 13 feet deep, then let the wind take me in. when i would get to 10 feet deep and shallower i would catch a walleye. caught about 15 in 2 hours this way. most were 2 lbs. four of them were 4 lbs. nice fish. very dark gold in colour. 2 small pike as well. beautiful lake. heavily treed nice campground. as i said i was in my little pontoon so i fished close to the camground. can only imagine what the rest of the lake has to offer. most of the old timers were targeting pike because you can keep one. i think i was the only one there targeting eyes. the pike being brought in were large.(5-8 lbs.) with some coming in over 10 lbs. i can honestly say i fell in love with the area. awsome scenery. goin back this weekend.

Dark Horn
07-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Haven't been there yet but sounds like I should investigate. Is it a larger lake and does it have a good boat launch? Didnt look at the regs but are you allowed to keep any walleye?

NSRfishing
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
one of my favorite lakes there is a trail leaving the campground goes to a nice bay were i caught a ten pound walleye some big walleye in that lake the scenery is awesome no houses just trees

sco22
07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
It is a beautiful lake that is suprisingly deep in places, particularly for an Alberta lake. The campground is very nice and well treed. Potable water is hit and miss so be certain to bring water in for consumption purposes.

As for the lake itself, it is pretty big and definitely offers calm waters irrespective of the fishing. Directly across the lake from the campground on the East side of the lake, there is a great beach and a very shallow bay, which is perfect for the kids. The water level is up over 2 feet this year so both of those beaches are pretty minimal.

I have camped on Bare ***** point (the real name - even on the maps), which has a basic camp set up. 65 feet from shore it is 40 feet deep. Saw a nice bear right beside Bare ***** point and lots of birds including a beautiful bald eagle.

The fishing had slowed down when I was there 10 days ago, but we still managed lots of walleye in the 4-7 pound weight class and one just over 8. Big pike are still around, but far too many people keep the big ones from that lake. We kept one 70 cm for a snack that night, but threw back the rest. Biggest was 88cm and we caught it mid day. . .in 85 feet of water. Weird.

Great spot.

Cheers.

pickrel pat
07-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Haven't been there yet but sounds like I should investigate. Is it a larger lake and does it have a good boat launch? Didnt look at the regs but are you allowed to keep any walleye?nobody was having probs at the boat launch.

sco22
07-27-2011, 10:31 AM
The boat launch is great. I have seen some very large boats launched without any issue.

Cheers.