PDA

View Full Version : Night Time Fishing

bdb42
07-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone fishes at night? I don't ever recall reading in the regs that you couldn't. Do fish bite at night?? What fish are active at night? Very curious

gprime27
07-25-2011, 01:35 PM
We went till completly black walleye fishing last night. We had hits up until it got dark then NOTHING. Not sure about anyone else, but that's my story

C Taylor
07-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Burbot In feb/march they bite better in dark than daylight

NSRfishing
07-25-2011, 02:16 PM
walleye feed at night more than day good chance of catching very big walleye when night fishing people in the uk fish for pike at during night but i have never caught a pike after dark

baitfisher83
07-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Caught this one around 9:30 last night.....you're probably thinking after dark though...lol
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/darksilver1983/canalfish.jpg

drifter
07-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice fish 83.
Congrats.

timsesink
07-25-2011, 04:01 PM
nice fish! Maybe next time though the rocks might not be the best spot for him, leave it in the net, or take a pic in the water.

baitfisher83
07-25-2011, 04:05 PM
nice fish! Maybe next time though the rocks might not be the best spot for him, leave it in the net, or take a pic in the water.

When it's a keeper it doesn't matter where I put it.......

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
im the mighty Kreskin......alabubba-bamma-boo-doo-wacky-dacky-i-nooahassume-icansee-aah-thepast-a and the future.

Why baitfisher did you use a barbed hook to catch that fish..........NOT COOL
Why did you use the roe from a sturgeon for bait...........bad girl!!!!!!!!!!!
Using a gaff is not cool, just because you forgot your net.......Illegal!!!!!
Shame on you for harvesting a legal fish to eat......there goes another quality fishery..................................i hope your proud of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s
Nice fish.....thanks for posting
Bon Appetite

baitfisher83
07-25-2011, 04:24 PM
im the mighty Kreskin......alabubba-bamma-boo-doo-wacky-dacky-i-nooahassume-icansee-aah-thepast-a and the future.

Why baitfisher did you use a barbed hook to catch that fish..........NOT COOL
Why did you use the roe from a sturgeon for bait...........bad girl!!!!!!!!!!!
Using a gaff is not cool, just because you forgot your net.......Illegal!!!!!
Shame on you for harvesting a legal fish to eat......there goes another quality fishery..................................i hope your proud of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s
Nice fish.....thanks for posting
Bon Appetite

I know, I ruined that stream completely by keeping that one fish......now it can't be around to bother the others I released yesterday...

RayL42
07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
I think if you look at the regulations carefully you will find some bodies of water are closed at night, I think I saw this regulation for PCR open water. That being said I have has some good luck just after dark catching rainbows.

And that fish looks tasty baitfisher 83

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I think if you look at the regulations carefully you will find some bodies of water are closed at night, I think I saw this regulation for PCR open water. That being said I have has some good luck just after dark catching rainbows.

And that fish looks tasty baitfisher 83

CVR too......good reminder, Ray

pikergolf
07-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Back in my bellyboat day's we fished for trout almost exclusively after dark during the summer. Still remember fishing the bridge at Police Outpost after dark too. About 15min. after dark the big bruisers moved into the shallows.
Summer of 83 we fished Kamloops, the locals had never seen a real bellyboat and thought we were nuts heading out at midnight but man did we catch fish, all shallow. Big ol' wooly bugger, black.