PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Maligne Lake in Jasper

fishmania
07-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Any one been out there recently?
Is the fishing any good right now?
What should I be using as far as tackle goes
Ive got a small boat with a electric motor so getting around the lake is no problem
Any suggestions?

Going up to Jasper this weekend and want to try fishing Maligne

Badgoodguy
07-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Silver wobbler and worm or fly about 8 foot leader,,,

Try rainbow alley,Frog Rock or lousy bay.

Gold wobbler if cloudy and usually better for brookies.

timsesink
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
x2 loads of info, just search it.

Bhflyfisher
07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Now this come as a shock. BUT, regulations for the national parks state. ABSOLUTELY NO BAIT FISHING IN NATIONAL PARKS.

Badgoodguy.

BGSH
07-25-2011, 09:21 PM
thats good, should only be lures and flies on single hooks

bigbuck19
07-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Fished there 2 years ago, I remember picking up day license for fishing in Jasper - caught one rainbow from shore... You can't use anything scented... There's a little store in Jasper that sells fishing gear, they have maps.

Bhflyfisher
07-25-2011, 10:19 PM
thats good, should only be lures and flies on single hooks

I believe it is.. i might be wrong, trebles might be aloud.

hardcorefisher
07-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Like the first post said just troll with a wobbler with a 3 foot flouro leader to a fly. My girlfriend and I went to Maligne a couple years ago with this and although we didnt do great we managed a couple brookies. This is the advice that i got from BigBull on here so you can thank him.

Oh and its usually cold on the lake so dress up :happy0180:

coachman
07-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Try trolling a double shrimp or a leech, keep changing colors until you get one that works. Start with dark colors if the water is clear. Hot shots work if the water is starting to cloud up. Last year at this time Chironomids where working. With the weather we have been getting things appear to be running late, eg black ants where a month late this year and the May flies are just starting. Keep changing your speed while trolling and good luck. If the weather holds we will be there.