PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recent reports from Newell

Russ C
07-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Has anyone been out to Newell in the last while? Going in two weeks with the family (two 11 year old girls, my daughter and her friend) camping and fishing, and looking for any recent reports. I have a zodiak to fish out of so not stuck on shore. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Russ C

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Has anyone been out to Newell in the last while? Going in two weeks with the family (two 11 year old girls) camping and fishing, and looking for any recent reports. I have a zodiak to fish out of so not stuck on shore. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Russ C

Great fishing right now
you should ask again closer to your departure date though

deschambault
07-25-2011, 08:30 PM
My wife and I were at Newell this past weekend and filled our walleye tags - its ben 2 years since I've had the pleasure of fresh caught walleye. They were biting good but in specific spots - we also tolled a bit for pike and caught and released one legal pike in about an hour. What a beautiful weekend.

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 08:39 PM
here's Windy with a walleye
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/azzrocket2/Brooks-20110719-00060.jpg

horsetrader
07-25-2011, 08:49 PM
http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a454/horsetrader_photo/Brooks-20110719-00060.jpg

Came from Newell last week 5 lb 3 oz just off the first large point north of the P Park ramp in 22fow

npauls
07-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Me and a couple buddies were out there on friday and got into about 20-25 eyes around the same size as the one posted. We did get a few that were on the small side which is a new thing for us at newel. The fish were on and off all day. When they were on it was constant action on spinner rigs with worms and when they were off we could only find a couple fish.

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Me and a couple buddies were out there on friday and got into about 20-25 eyes around the same size as the one posted. We did get a few that were on the small side which is a new thing for us at newel. The fish were on and off all day. When they were on it was constant action on spinner rigs with worms and when they were off we could only find a couple fish.

your not telling the whole story...slipknot.....hhhhhahahaha

npauls
07-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey hey hey come on now. I got that junk all figured out and good to go. I had to go through all my spinner rigs and retie them but they are all ready for the long weekend now.

I only lost 1 eye due to that and a few pike that bit me off. All the others that slipped up ended up being netter with only a few of those losing the blades and beads.

Anyone want to donate some spinner blades to a young broke punk that decided to mess up the old snell knots on his rigs last weekend? :thinking-006:

chubbdarter
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Hey hey hey come on now. I got that junk all figured out and good to go. I had to go through all my spinner rigs and retie them but they are all ready for the long weekend now.

I only lost 1 eye due to that and a few pike that bit me off. All the others that slipped up ended up being netter with only a few of those losing the blades and beads.

Anyone want to donate some spinner blades to a young broke punk that decided to mess up the old snell knots on his rigs last weekend? :thinking-006:

Call Mikeo2...he has 45lbs of spinner rig components going to waste cuz he cant figure out the tandem harness.................................and.....he bought the knot book..hahhhahhahhhahahahahhhaahhahhahahhahaahhahaa hahahahahahahaha

npauls
07-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Nah I owe him already. If he wants to leave some gear behind in my boat after our trip I will be fine with that.

Damn knots and super lines are getting complicated:argue2:

mikeo2
07-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Don't worry, we have many years to perfect a snell knot, chubb on the other hand has very few, he's starting to sell off his assets already in anticipation, first was his dignity, now it's his boat. I wonder how many pages back that drowning thread is...