PDA

View Full Version : Ecko Marine - Above and Beyond

Willowtrail
07-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Here a quick story .

My 1988 15hp Evinrude quit running good a few weeks ago. Wouldn't start easy and didn't have the power it had previously.

I then replaced the plugs as they were pretty bad. Went fishing, still didnt run good once finally started.

Tried again last night and broke the starter rope. Thankfully I have a Minn Kota.

So here's what happened today.

I called around to a few local marine shops to get a new starter rope and figured I would also get a carb rebuild kit. Nobody locally had in stock and would have to order.

Then I called Ecko Marine in Albereta Beach. I grew up using them as my family has a cabin there and have used twice this spring for a small grommet for me and a handle gear for my bil. Both were ordered and arrived timely. Today I asked if they had a carb kit and they had 5 in stock and had cords for my starter. Also I added an Evinrude Carb cleaner spray.

I paid over the phone for the items and talked to Jason about my symptoms and after a bit of chatting he mentioned he lived in Edmonton. I asked him if it would be possible if he brought my parts home with him and met me to deliver them to me to save me a 2 hour round trip. He said "Of course I can, I have to go home".

We met tonight and I got all my parts and came home and got the carb fixed and the cord restrung.

It turned out the Idle tube was cracked and fell off it's connection. This tube was part of the rebuild kit.

Once again I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Ecko Marine and Jason at the parts counter. I always have and always will continue to support and recommend them.

haywarje
07-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Man! i wish i'd gone there before i went to that "other" guy! :thinking-006:

HunterDave
07-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Good on Jason for helping you out! I wouldn't hesitate to contact them looking for parts but if you have an older boat/motor they won't even look at it unless you bought it from them. I have a '92 Bayliner out at Gunn, about 10 kms from them, that I have to take to Tournament Marine in Acheson for any repairs. I'm guessing that there's lots of work at Lac Ste Anne and they can afford to be picky with the boats/motors that they accept to work on. :)

sourdough doug
07-26-2011, 12:38 PM
I am assuming that Marvin, still owns Ecko and if he does, just knowing him for as long as I have, it doesn't surprise me one bit that he would have those kind of people working WITH him..
Thx Willowtrail for giving credit where it is due..:grouphugg:

Willowtrail
07-26-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure if Marvin still owns it but I know that his son is there. I think Marvin is still involved. I've delt with them for over 25 years and they've always been a top notch organization. I remember when they were in their old tiny building.

Just shows good managment and some TLC goes a long way.

Rabdo
07-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Agree with you guys on Ecko Marine. I live in Red Deer and have gone the extra distance to buy new machines from them because of the outstanding service I've gotten.

I used to deal with Rob Hutton, not sure if he's still there?

Champion
07-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Marvin sold it a few years ago, but his son bought it and he is now running the show. Good to hear they treated everyone properly!!!