PDA

View Full Version : Standing on Water

chubbdarter
07-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Its gonna come early this year. Some of my annuals think its sleepy time already...............Come on Winter,come fast,come hard and stay for a LONG time. Summer Sucks

Hunter Trav
07-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Wow chub, you must really be antsy if you wishing for hard water already...LOL I know where your coming from though, I icefished in 7 months last season, this year I'm hoping to make it 8... :D

chubbdarter
07-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow chub, you must really be antsy if you wishing for hard water already...LOL I know where your coming from though, I icefished in 7 months last season, this year I'm hoping to make it 8... :D

It said 8 degees on my garden thermometer this am.
New marcums are coming...New augers are coming...gonna be a great hard water season.
My new frabill snosuit arrived last week....that was a let down. I'll be staying with my Mustang telly tubby floater suit

Mike_W
07-26-2011, 10:05 AM
You guys are crazy ....I like getting out ice fishing too but really it dont compare to fishing in shorts get out and enjoy the open water and chicks with minimal clothing!!!!

chubbdarter
07-26-2011, 10:08 AM
You guys are crazy ....I like getting out ice fishing too but really it dont compare to fishing in shorts get out and enjoy the open water and chicks with minimal clothing!!!!

42 trips out in open water and im sick of it.....boat left yesterday
I never get tired of ice fishing.
I eat at Hooters all winter

Hunter Trav
07-26-2011, 10:12 AM

Yeah how often do you get out with scantily clothed women when you go fishing???

npauls
07-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Where did the boat go Chubb?

I am also looking forward to the hard water season. This open water season has been a write off for me and I am hoping that by the time the hardwater is here I will be all healed up and ready to punch some holes and play a lot of hockey.

What didn't you like about the frabil suit? I was thinking about getting something other then my Arctic Armour since I found out this summer that it isn't water proof like the say on their site. I was thinking about getting a suit that is good as a nice warm ice fishing suit but also will work good on those days when I am out on the boat and get poured on. I think I may just try to find a good rain suit on sale in late fall to buy for cheap and keep the AA suit for the winter since I have it and it works good in the cold.

jpietrzak1979
07-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Keeping in mind that winter will kill this unholy plague of mosquitoes I am in 110% agreement. Bring it on.

Teamprotz
07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Split the difference . . . . Drill a hole in your boat. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

iliketrout
07-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Yup, I'm looking forward to another 6 months of hard water.:sHa_shakeshout:

HunterDave
07-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Come on Winter,come fast,come hard and stay for a LONG time. Summer Sucks

This summer definitely sucks......RAIN! I've only had the speed boat out one weekend and my fishing boat hasn't been out yet! I'd like to have summer finally arrive but if it's not going to get here I'd rather have snow over rain/lousy weather.

mikeo2
07-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Cant freakin wait, I love ice fishing and work is slower in the winter so I can actually get out and do some fishing

FishBrain
07-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Its gonna come early this year. Some of my annuals think its sleepy time already...............Come on Winter,come fast,come hard and stay for a LONG time. Summer Sucks

I have been thinking the same thing since June. Summer sucks.

Hunter Trav
07-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Yup, I'm looking forward to another 6 months of hard water.:sHa_shakeshout:

If you plan it right, you can get 7 months worth, like I did...:sHa_shakeshout:

0liver
07-26-2011, 02:38 PM
I here you chubb, I can't wait to get some flat ***** bucket syndrome n one heck of a kink in my neck....

all worth some delicious hump back whites though!
see ya'll out at Pidgeon when the time finally comes :sign0111:

*edit*
Open water ain't even worth it till late September anyways...

BeeGuy
07-26-2011, 02:56 PM
It's July man, what gives.

When's ice-up? Mid-November?

chubbdarter
07-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Just had a long nap......I was having thanks giving on the ice

Ken07AOVette
07-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Chubbsters dream date

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/yhst-70345320830887_2167_9018499.gif

chubbdarter
07-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Chubbsters dream date

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/yhst-70345320830887_2167_9018499.gif

aaahhhhhhhhhhh...maybe someone has some explaining to do...eh Puddles?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=1024535#post1024535

Ken07AOVette
07-26-2011, 05:39 PM
aaahhhhhhhhhhh...maybe someone has some explaining to do...eh Puddles?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=1024535#post1024535

Aw shucks Bubbles, you found me out, I was going to buy you the bucket to sit on for Christmas! :sign0161:

WayneChristie
07-26-2011, 05:45 PM
bunch sickos, awesome summer going on here, I love the ice but I can sure wait a while for it.

Alberta Bigbore
07-26-2011, 06:02 PM
I hope come September.... An inch of snow falls every night.........until December 15th......... and bounces between -15 and -20. No more no less

Bring on hunting season !

chubbdarter
07-26-2011, 06:22 PM
bunch sickos, awesome summer going on here, I love the ice but I can sure wait a while for it.

But i love your icefishing adventure stories and pictures.
The frozen hillbilly pic is epic

Ken07AOVette
07-26-2011, 06:28 PM
I hope come December.... 6 inches of snow falls every weekend.........until March 15th......... and bounces between -5 and -9.

Fixed for you.

I have a brand new snow plow, and I want it to pay for itself this winter

slivers86
07-26-2011, 06:40 PM

Chubb, I'll supply the hookers and blow, if you take me ice fishing? :sHa_shakeshout: on real notes, i'm terribly excited to go ice fishing this winter :)

chubbdarter
07-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Chubb, I'll supply the hookers and blow, if you take me ice fishing? :sHa_shakeshout: on real notes, i'm terribly excited to go ice fishing this winter :)

woot woot...your now my best icefishing buddy.................gonna beat lasts years record of 68 days

WayneChristie
07-26-2011, 08:32 PM
I am stocking my freezer with suckers and chub to break my pike record this winter though, but Im in no rush, as long as the sturgeon are biting :sHa_shakeshout:

bobalong
07-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I hope come September.... An inch of snow falls every night.........until December 15th......... and bounces between -15 and -20. No more no less

Only about a month until the goose opener. Got a new call on the way and a couple more dozen Real Geese deeks to pick up. Going to Calgary this weekend to drift the Bow for a couple of days, and hopefully we get some nice weather for the rest of August/September to do some more lake fishing.

I like ice fishing too but I can quite easily wait until Nov/Dec for that.

KegRiver
07-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Give me one good frost and two months without leaves and I'll be wishing for summer again.

I am so not looking forward to plowing snow for another winter.

Three more years and I'll be eligible for a pension, then I'll look forward to winter again.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind plowing snow, when my back doesn't ache and my eyesight isn't blurred. I know, I need glasses. I did get a pair a few years back, but they disappeared in less then a month.
I can't afford to buy 700.00 glasses every couple of months.

HunterDave
07-27-2011, 12:32 AM
I know, I need glasses. I did get a pair a few years back, but they disappeared in less then a month.
I can't afford to buy 700.00 glasses every couple of months.

Get those cheap reading ones at Walmart. I left my good progressive ones at the trailer this weekend so I had to build a deck yesterday with my cheap reading ones. Don't ask me how the deck turned out though..........I haven't seen it yet. :lol:

But seriously, I figured that I'd see well up close and farther away would be blurry but my eyes are now bad enough that I can see farther distances better with those el cheapos on. :)

Mike_W
07-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Yeah how often do you get out with scantily clothed women when you go fishing???

A couple time a year but I was refering to summer in general!!!:snapoutofit:

ORV
07-27-2011, 09:02 AM

o.k. you should have a lot of offers for ice fishing! lmao.

c,mon guys a lawn chair & rod are a heck of a lot
easier than. ice fishing tent,heater,propane bottle,gas auger,
5 gal pail,tip-ups, ski-doo suits,etc.
i think my arms are 2" longer after winter ice fishing.lol
besides the fact that last years ice fishing sucked big time!

orv.

chubbdarter
07-27-2011, 09:25 AM
o.k. you should have a lot of offers for ice fishing! lmao.

c,mon guys a lawn chair & rod are a heck of a lot
easier than. ice fishing tent,heater,propane bottle,gas auger,
5 gal pail,tip-ups, ski-doo suits,etc.
i think my arms are 2" longer after winter ice fishing.lol
besides the fact that last years ice fishing sucked big time!

orv.

Ice season brings peace
No constant fumes
No waiting for 2 hours for a guy to back up his boat/trailer down a 15 foot ramp
No waiting for 2 hours for a guy to back up his trailer down a 15 foot ramp
No waiting for 2 hours for a guy to get his boat on his trailer.
No waiting for 2 hours for a guy to figure out a ratchet strap while still on ramp.
I honestly believe thats why God made summer days long...he foresaw the launch issues
No bugs
Days are short, easier to hit the feed.
Having another icefisherman drill next to you is upsetting but not as bad as a boat fisherman pull up to your marker bouy 25 feet from you and he honestly thinks he found a floating treasure.
I dont mind helping ive yanked out maybe 2-3 stuck icefisherman in my life but this year ive towed in 5 dead in the water boats......p.s. people Newell and travers is not a sensible place to try out your unproven boat!!!!!!!!!!!!
The list goes on and on but i will stop.
Old man rant over

tacklerunner
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I miss the ice too. It's not as slippery as the rocks. :scared0015:

Hunter Trav
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
A couple time a year but I was refering to summer in general!!!:snapoutofit:

Yeah I was just messin' with ya, but seriously, there is never scantily clad women anywhere near my good fishin' spots, and you look like a perv trolling up and down in front of the beach with bino's glued to your face...

Daceminnow
07-27-2011, 12:35 PM

i concur. bring on the hard water and all the big fish that come with it. i hate the heat.

also agree c/w fresh tracks every morning.

Dace

chubbdarter
07-31-2011, 07:42 PM
After today....who still loves summer?
Started out at first light.....by 10am heat was stupid....by 11 it was stupid unbearable.....by 11:30 it was bearable in the air conditioned truck.........Hurry Up Winter!!!!!

So hot the eyes on ice cooked

WayneChristie
07-31-2011, 08:30 PM
sitting on the treeless shore, sun beating down, breeze cooling things off, fish biting, yah I still loves summer! corn has grown almost 2 feet in the last week, eyes are rising like popcorn in a cheap theater, yup I love summer, still love drilling holes in the water and looking down on toothy critters crusing under my feet, but I can wait.

chubbdarter
07-31-2011, 08:35 PM
sitting on the treeless shore, sun beating down, breeze cooling things off, fish biting, yah I still loves summer! corn has grown almost 2 feet in the last week, eyes are rising like popcorn in a cheap theater, yup I love summer, still love drilling holes in the water and looking down on toothy critters crusing under my feet, but I can wait.

Your sick WC only a rattlesnake enjoys this temp

The bilge ran all morning...pumping out my sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dust1n
07-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Ice season brings peace
No constant fumes
No waiting for 2 hours for a guy to back up his boat/trailer down a 15 foot ramp
No waiting for 2 hours for a guy to back up his trailer down a 15 foot ramp
No waiting for 2 hours for a guy to get his boat on his trailer.
No waiting for 2 hours for a guy to figure out a ratchet strap while still on ramp.
I honestly believe thats why God made summer days long...he foresaw the launch issuesNo bugs
Days are short, easier to hit the feed.
Having another icefisherman drill next to you is upsetting but not as bad as a boat fisherman pull up to your marker bouy 25 feet from you and he honestly thinks he found a floating treasure.
I dont mind helping ive yanked out maybe 2-3 stuck icefisherman in my life but this year ive towed in 5 dead in the water boats......p.s. people Newell and travers is not a sensible place to try out your unproven boat!!!!!!!!!!!!
The list goes on and on but i will stop.
Old man rant over

thats halrouis hahaha

WayneChristie
07-31-2011, 08:48 PM
that orange glow you see to the east this evening isnt the reflection off the clouds at sunset, its me glowing like an overdone lobster, and I will be back on shore first thing in the morning to keep it going! me and the rattlers. and the 3 kindsa eyes. had enough of cold and cloud living in Calgary

chubbdarter
07-31-2011, 09:04 PM
that orange glow you see to the east this evening isnt the reflection off the clouds at sunset, its me glowing like an overdone lobster, and I will be back on shore first thing in the morning to keep it going! me and the rattlers. and the 3 kindsa eyes. had enough of cold and cloud living in Calgary

ya i know i beotch about the heat...but we will be back on the water first light again tomorrow...off by noon. Eye fishing is too good to pass up.
Gonna wear my bikini

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 10:56 PM
If the earth flopped on it's axis and we got year round Hawaii weather I would be a very happy camper.

Winter sucks.

WayneChristie
07-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Gonna wear my bikini

oh come on, thats a thought almost on par with BBJ in his camo thong, now the nightmares are going to start all over again!!!:scared:

Tyangelo
07-31-2011, 11:23 PM
My favorite pro about hardwater is the cost. Auger and truck gas vs truck and boat gas wins every time.