PDA

View Full Version : A fishing spot in Calgary area

Crofish
07-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey there

Im looking for a decent fishing spot in Calgary area for this up coming weekend..not longer than 2h drive away. I know some of you are gonna say that Bow River is a great place but we would like to get out of the city for the weekend for some BBQ and camping. If anyone can help,that would well appreciated. Im not trying to steal your spot here,just wanna get out and have fun with my family members. Thank you boys.

slivers86
07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Pine Coulee Resevoir - endless hours of walleye - not sure about the campground - heard its nothing special. (West of Stavely)

Chain lakes - decent campground - stocked around 200,000 rainbows there this year (who knows, most might be gone already due to overfishing) but forestry trunk road is closeby if you want to drop a fly in some creeks. (south of Black Diamond)

Ghost Resevoir - you could check that out - heard there is good fishing in the area - campground is supposed to be alright. (Near Cochrane)

Hope this helps :)

alacringa
07-26-2011, 07:54 PM
I suppose that depends on what kind of action you're looking for. Are you taking young kids, who will bore quickly if they're not catching fish? Are you wanting to bait/spin fish for walleye/pike; or fly-fish for trout? Either way, the Chain Lakes area is probably a solid bet. You might also try the Hwy 40 corridor in K-country, where you've got the stocked ponds @ Mt. Lorette, as well as the Kananaskis Lakes, among other options.

Gust
07-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Do you want to see people, swimming too, outhouse mandatory? Pay or Free?

Crofish
07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Thank you for you kindness silvers 86. Ill definitely check out these places.

Crofish
07-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Alacringa..i really dont have any specific reason/conditions for the weekend. Its more like a cousins get together,so mostly everyone is in their mid 20's. But i appreciate your post and infos.

GustavMahler...like i said,no specific reasons nor conditions. Definitely "free" is always easier to swallow...

nicemustang
07-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Little bow provincial park.

ironbadger
07-27-2011, 07:33 PM
FYI
The Ghost reservoir campground looks permanently closed.