PDA

View Full Version : Minnewanka

SkytopBrewster
07-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Thinking about taking my 9 year old on an half day guided fishing trip to Minnewanka, never been there before, can't find a catch limit on the provincial parks regs, can we at least take a couple Lakers home since it's $400.

SkytopBrewster
07-28-2011, 02:12 AM
never mind, I was looking right at it (2) per licence, anybody go on these guided trips here, don't have a boat right now and don't know much about Lakers, figured it would be worth the money to learn something from a guide and spend some quality time with my boy, sure it would be some good memories for him.

Gillfisher
07-28-2011, 07:41 AM
A group of us went on a guided trip once about 10 yrs ago. The guide was out of Banff everyone caught fish. What I learned there I use on Spray for lakers.

Gillfisher

McLeod
07-28-2011, 10:54 AM
never mind, I was looking right at it (2) per licence, anybody go on these guided trips here, don't have a boat right now and don't know much about Lakers, figured it would be worth the money to learn something from a guide and spend some quality time with my boy, sure it would be some good memories for him.

The lake is in a National Park.
The people you hire will take care of everything for you including selling you a license. You boy does not need a license but just 2 fish total for both of you.

IanL
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I've been out ice fishing a couple of times with jeff from Banff Fishing - he's a great guide so I can imagine he would be very good on Minnewanka

rielbowhunter
07-28-2011, 08:32 PM
This was last week. We had fun. but fishing is slow. Hope you get a big one.
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/rielbowhunter/birthday027.jpg

Willowtrail
07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
The lake is in a National Park.
The people you hire will take care of everything for you including selling you a license. You boy does not need a license but just 2 fish total for both of you.

I thought in the National park the boy doesn't need a license but you can buy him one and then he can have his own limit instead of sharing dads limit.

I read that last week online but don't know for sure.

chubbdarter
07-28-2011, 09:02 PM
This was last week. We had fun. but fishing is slow. Hope you get a big one.
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/rielbowhunter/birthday027.jpg

Nice fish......congrats rbh

McLeod
07-29-2011, 08:29 AM
I thought in the National park the boy doesn't need a license but you can buy him one and then he can have his own limit instead of sharing dads limit.

I read that last week online but don't know for sure.

Yes that is correct if you want ..

SkytopBrewster
07-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah, he will be getting his own licence, won't be able to get out till next month, thanks for the info guys.

rielbowhunter
07-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Nice fish......congrats rbh

Thanks! It was my Birthday present.