PDA

View Full Version : battle river around wainwright

Whiskey
07-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I went to the river yesterday for the first time and got skunked. I went to the 897 bridge just North of Edgerton. Never even got a bite, but I was only there a few hours. I was just wondering if anyone had any luck on this river? Does anyone have any good access points to the river they can suggest?

C Taylor
07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't know how flooded it is there but by hwy 56 the whole valley is full of water. looks bigger than the nsr.

bobalong
07-28-2011, 02:36 PM
I went to the river yesterday for the first time and got skunked. I went to the 897 bridge just North of Edgerton. Never even got a bite, but I was only there a few hours. I was just wondering if anyone had any luck on this river? Does anyone have any good access points to the river they can suggest?

I believe guys have pretty good luck around Forestburg but I have never fished there. I used to fish it in the spring where the Ribstone Creek dumps into the Battle, just north of Hwy 14. This access is over private land so you would have to check with the land owner (not sure who would own it now), nice place to fish though. Not sure how the fishing would be this late in the year as the Ribstone usually slows to a trickle by now.

Flyfisher87
07-28-2011, 05:16 PM

Try the 872 bridge at Burma Park north of Brownfield. There used to be an approach just after you crossed the bridge from the south that would put you on the west side of the highway right along the river. I have only caught small pike here ( 2lbs and under). The reservoir southwest of Forestburg has produced over the years for some people. I have never had no luck there. Anytime I spent there was camping at the prov. park. Used to catch fish in the stretch south of Camrose years ago too.