PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Looking For a Inexpensive Setup? And USA trip(pics)

Dust1n
07-29-2011, 12:05 AM
exactly what it says i was at the USA and BC walmarts looking for fishing tackle and i stumbled on a $15 cortland 5/6wt 9ft fly rod silver stream. and every one had them. of course the there was an extra PST but its still a great buy. and it casts awsome. the drawbacks are the handle of foam and its thicker but its a 3peice so its not too bulky.i cant wait to test it out on some sylvan lake whites tommorow after it got done with the wasginton redbands. and i recomend this to all newbies. i taught a few americans how to fly fish and they got the hang of it too! they guy after he left picked one up and started fishing again.

Anyways when i went down south i got a few rock bass. some small redbands squaw fish and sunfish/gills my Salmon broke me off on the run to the rapids... didnt get anymroe lunkers from my honey hole last years bass fishing but im sure theres more next year.
the spokan river is crystal clear and quite deep lots of rising fish in the city with 90% being poachers, using barbed hooks, treble hooks and keeping what they catch even though theres signs every 100ft away.
The Salmon look to be about 2-3feet in length for the mostpart and theres always the nice huge bows that swim up to your hook and refuse it. And some lucky dude got a huge redband on a worm and trebled hook poaching it of course.
had a nice time though.pics will be up in the morning.

richardslc
07-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Sounds like a good time. Wish they had those rods here for that price. I wouldn't mind one.