PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley (first time)

.30cal
07-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Thinking of going soon. I mostly want to fish, but the kids also want to tube or kneeboard. I've read where there are lots of shallow areas that can be a bit rough on props. Are there decent deeper water areas or does the whole reservoir give issues travelling at speed?

WalleyeDeitz
07-29-2011, 08:41 AM
There is lots of area of deeper water. The main prop eating spot that many new people get hung up on at CV is just north of the boat launch. Right in the middle/slighlty more to the west of the lake there is an underwater island that comes up real quick. I had a friend beach his brand new surf boat there his first time out...big $$ to fis the prop/engine. Otherwise if anywhere near the shorelines it goes up and down alot. You can run down the main center of the lake with no worries. If you have a sonar, take it easy until you learn the shallow spots. If after launching, you head to the east side of the lake but still out a fair bit, you can head north with no worries. if you have a quick look on google earth, you can see the underwater island I am referring to just a few hundered meters NE of the boat launch in the SW corner of the reservoir.

Good luck out there.

.30cal
07-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks 4 the info. Much appreciated.