PDA

View Full Version : A good laugh at Lake McGregor

Vulcan Vigilante
07-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Well we went down to Lake McGregor Provincial Park for the day.
Got a lot of nice walleye. The boat ran well and a great day was had by all.

When it was time to take the boat out, I was by the slipway waiting my turn,
when this one lady backed her suburban and trailer down the boat ramp to
get her hubby’s boat out.
All of a sudden, she goose’s it and backs up to the front doors ( hahah)

( she later said she hit the gas instead of the brake.):snapoutofit:

Luckily for them there was a guy with a 1-ton and he hooked on to her and gave a tug out..
Water pouring out from the pen back window and the doors when she opened
the drivers side to get out,, she was soaked lol. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

The hubby finally got the boat on and out .

All in all a nice counterpoint to a good day at the lake.

VV

Jamie Black R/T
07-29-2011, 09:19 AM
LOL

i can never understand why so many couples wait to learn backing up a trailer and hooking up the boat on the ramp while others are waiting.

want to see a gong show? head to pigeon provincial park this weekend and sit back and watch the husbands yelling at their wives from the boat while she jacknifes the boat trailer on the launch :sHa_sarcasticlol:

C Taylor
07-29-2011, 09:31 AM
The reason they are yelling from the boat is because they can't back-up any better. Its always the wife trying to get the trailer backed in which takes more skill than loading the boat. at least in calm water.
I can only imagine the conversation in that wet suburban.

Braun
07-29-2011, 09:34 AM
LOL

i can never understand why so many couples wait to learn backing up a trailer and hooking up the boat on the ramp while others are waiting.

want to see a gong show? head to pigeon provincial park this weekend and sit back and watch the husbands yelling at their wives from the boat while she jacknifes the boat trailer on the launch :sHa_sarcasticlol:

lol this is why i do both sides of it as if i was on the water myself. make her guard the boat at the dock. back the truck up. and run to the boat drive her on the trailer usually first shot depending on wind. throw the winch hook onto the boat, two cranks to snug her up and then the tell her to pull us out of the water. I usually do this at travers and am in and out before the guy on the 2nd ramp is done geting his boat out.

Stinky Buffalo
07-29-2011, 10:13 AM
What? NO PICTURES? :lol:

WayneChristie
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
What? NO PICTURES? :lol:

X2!!!!

Lefty-Canuck
07-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Yah I don't understand the whole boat backing up, gettting things ready ON the launch idea. I love when someone backs down a tarped boat and proceeds to get ready right there....or the people who back down the middle of the launch when clearly there are 2 sides to it to allow 2 boats to launch at the same time....long weekends at the lake are brutal....

Best thing I saw was....wife backs down husband un-hooks boat, he tells her to back up slowly till it comes off the trailer...she does....he realizes the plug and oars are in the back of the truck...as he is drifting out into the lake and she is driving away to park lol.

LC

Sundancefisher
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
I politely told a couple ladies in a Tracker that driving across the Elbow River should be done in a larger vehicle like a truck. The driver snapped at me that she knows what she is doing and it is a 4X4 after all.

In the end...after getting stuck on top of a rock in the middle of the river they got towed out. When the doors opened...cd, papers and garbage flowed out the open doors as the tracker drained.

I was smart enough not to say I told her so.

:)

slivers86
07-29-2011, 01:24 PM
I politely told a couple ladies in a Tracker that driving across the Elbow River should be done in a larger vehicle like a truck. The driver snapped at me that she knows what she is doing and it is a 4X4 after all.

In the end...after getting stuck on top of a rock in the middle of the river they got towed out. When the doors opened...cd, papers and garbage flowed out the open doors as the tracker drained.

I was smart enough not to say I told her so.

:)

not I ... I would have laughed and said it... lol call me ignorant, but its always nice to be right.. c'mon guys, we live in a world of 'yes dears' :snapoutofit:

Vulcan Vigilante
07-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Was out at little Bow Res. Today got a 6lbd walleye on a STORM classic Original Deep Jr. ThunderStick and dam, I left the camera in the car!

Oh well. I will have the memory of it and the fish will live to be caught again, or to make more baby ‘eye’s
All in all got 9 walleye’s and 3 pike. Largest pike was 38”
And a good day was had by all so it was a nice day out on the lake.

Really like this one, caught a lot of ‘eye on it and has never failed to produce large fish.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_58640_100005002_100000000_100005000?cm_ven =bazaarvoice&cm_cat=RLP&cm_pla=58640&cm_ite=productname_link

outdoors forever
07-29-2011, 09:32 PM
lol this is why i do both sides of it as if i was on the water myself. make her guard the boat at the dock. back the truck up. and run to the boat drive her on the trailer usually first shot depending on wind. throw the winch hook onto the boat, two cranks to snug her up and then the tell her to pull us out of the water. I usually do this at travers and am in and out before the guy on the 2nd ramp is done geting his boat out.

X100!

I do both as well!

I am the maintenance manager of a Provincial Park, and I have seen some funnies! EVERY post in this thread is spot on!

32-40win
07-30-2011, 01:40 AM
Many years ago there was a guy trying to cross the Elbow near the ranger station, pretty good hill there, he went down it and into the river, twas in a Caddy. I just drove around him and kept going.

horsetrader
07-30-2011, 02:08 AM
Well we went down to Lake McGregor Provincial Park for the day.
Got a lot of nice walleye. The boat ran well and a great day was had by all.

When it was time to take the boat out, I was by the slipway waiting my turn,
when this one lady backed her suburban and trailer down the boat ramp to
get her hubby’s boat out.
All of a sudden, she goose’s it and backs up to the front doors ( hahah)

( she later said she hit the gas instead of the brake.):snapoutofit:

Luckily for them there was a guy with a 1-ton and he hooked on to her and gave a tug out..
Water pouring out from the pen back window and the doors when she opened
the drivers side to get out,, she was soaked lol. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

The hubby finally got the boat on and out .

All in all a nice counterpoint to a good day at the lake.

VV

So you find it funny and like to laugh at someone else's pain and misfortune

so you will die laughing if I tell you about this fool who was fishing on the dock at PCR a boat came flying by made a wave that knocked him on his ass banged up his knee MAN what a dweeb hahhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

Vulcan Vigilante
07-30-2011, 02:12 AM
So you find it funny and like to laugh at someone else's pain and misfortune

so you will die laughing if I tell you about this fool who was fishing on the dock at PCR a boat came flying by made a wave that knocked him on his ass banged up his knee MAN what a dweeb hahhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

yup, id have to see that,. sounds like i'd laugh to..

then offer my hand to help him up..

would you?
VV

horsetrader
07-30-2011, 02:14 AM
yup, id have to see that,. sounds like i'd laugh to..

then offer my hand to help him up..

would you?
VV

No he's a DWEEB

Vulcan Vigilante
07-30-2011, 02:20 AM
No he's a DWEEB

sounds like the onky DWEEB here is you!
(and Dweeb went out in the 70's.. are you stuck in a time distorion flashback?
(for those that don't know, like you,.. Flashbacks are recurring sensory or emotional experiences that happen independently of the initial experience or event. )
VV

horsetrader
07-30-2011, 02:26 AM
(for those that don't know, like you,.. Flashbacks are recurring sensory or emotional experiences that happen independently of the initial experience or event. )
VV

HAHAHA for some one who thinks he is so smart learn to spell or get someone to buy you a computer with spell check ........ distorion is spelt distortion
Come on RED try harder

New Hunter Okotoks
07-30-2011, 02:32 AM
VV

I thought you were 34? How would you know what went out in the 70's?

That was a great "story" about McGregor. I'll bet you like to tell all kinds of stories don't you? You should search the internet and find some pics of other peoples' fish to show off on AO since you have none of your own. Come to think of it,you probably don't have ANY good stories about yourself that are worth sharing because you're a waste. Just some broken down knob telling stories on AO. Why don't you tell the one about getting the free van? I'm sure lots of people would like to hear that one. Any plans to repay the money that was given to you?

Vulcan Vigilante
07-30-2011, 02:35 AM
HAHAHA for some one who thinks he is so smart learn to spell or get someone to buy you a computer with spell check ........ distorion is spelt distortion
Come on RED try harder

Good night Jonboy!
time to take your sleeping pills.

and if you want to spell check for me, come down to Vulcan and I will meet you for coffee.

If you base your delusions on my spelling, 3/4 of the members here yourself included would be staying after sshooll (spelling intended)

VV

New Hunter Okotoks
07-30-2011, 02:39 AM
Good night Jonboy!
time to take your sleeping pills.

and if you want to spell check for me, come down to Vulcan and I will meet you for coffee.

If you base your delusions on my spelling, 3/4 of the members here yourself included would be staying after sshooll (spelling intended)

VV

Hmmmmm,Red liked to talk tough too. Red couldn't back it up either;at least not in real life.

New Hunter Okotoks
07-30-2011, 02:49 AM
I know what's taking so long.....Red opened up his grade 4 reader from 1952 and is trying to make sure he gets his English right for a doozy of a post!

matathonman
07-30-2011, 04:57 AM
I know better....back in and then load the boat and she drives out. We know the routine.:)

baitfisher83
07-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Hmmmmm,Red liked to talk tough too. Red couldn't back it up either;at least not in real life.

look out he's gonna cane you...

bigd
07-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Come on RED try harder

spelt is spelled 'spelled' lol :sign0161:

horsetrader
07-30-2011, 11:06 PM
spelt is spelled 'spelled' lol :sign0161:

If you told me 20 hr earlier it would have been nice lol:sEm_oops2:

chubbdarter
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Why did VV get banned?.... He had a Mod's approval for his so called GOOD threads and posts.

baitfisher83
08-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Why did VV get banned?.... He had a Mod's approval for his so called GOOD threads and posts.

They tried to take his hamburger and he flipped...

mikeo2
08-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Hmm red and vv banned the same day, coincidence?

baitfisher83
08-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm just surprised he could spell Vigilante.

horsetrader
08-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Hmm red and vv banned the same day, coincidence?

I guess the truth comes out I guess even mods make mistakes but can they admit them>>>>>:)

chubbdarter
08-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Was out at little Bow Res. Today got a 6lbd walleye on a STORM classic Original Deep Jr. ThunderStick and dam, I left the camera in the car!

Oh well. I will have the memory of it and the fish will live to be caught again, or to make more baby ‘eye’s
All in all got 9 walleye’s and 3 pike. Largest pike was 38”
And a good day was had by all so it was a nice day out on the lake.

Really like this one, caught a lot of ‘eye on it and has never failed to produce large fish.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_58640_100005002_100000000_100005000?cm_ven =bazaarvoice&cm_cat=RLP&cm_pla=58640&cm_ite=productname_link

Be funny to see the video at BPS on who went to buy this killer lure

Jayball
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
LOL

x2... However I will say thats its good entertainment.