PDA

View Full Version : week at Gull

bdb42
07-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Well I have been out at Gull all week and have been finding the fishing very slow. Caught a few but nothing spectacular. Wondering if anyone has been having any better luck? There has been so much rain lately and I was wondering if this could be part of the reason or maybe its just me?? lol
Thanks

EZM
07-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Not been to Gull but I can tell you, based on slower than normal activity at one of this area's lakes where I fish alot, (with mirky water due to all the rain), I switched to "noisier lures and vibrating lures" like a big #5 mepps muskie killer, a weedless 2 prop booya type and giant 7"-9" jointed plugs and fished the stuff (hard jerk followed by a short slow retrieve) and started hammering em' like old times.

This year has been a little tougher due to the murky water.

Hope that helps.

#4fisherman
07-30-2011, 11:20 AM
We were out at Gull last weekend. Had only 1 bite, and hardly say anything else on the sonar. Lots of other boating activity (no big suprise there!), but we usually do better than that! I've heard others talking about all the run-off and I think that does have an effect.

Dust1n
07-30-2011, 10:41 PM
We were out at Gull last weekend. Had only 1 bite, and hardly say anything else on the sonar. Lots of other boating activity (no big suprise there!), but we usually do better than that! I've heard others talking about all the run-off and I think that does have an effect.

try trolling a S pattern in the middle of the lake with big white fish imatations.
i fish in the middle ice fishing and gets lots but its slow for the season and hardwater season in most areas