PDA

View Full Version : Milk River Ridge Reservoir

cegeland
07-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I am new to the forum been lurking around reading all the great info but just recently signed up for an account. I am just getting back into fishing after far to long away and am getting the whole family involved and this weekend we have decided to make a trip out to try our luck at Milk River Ridge Reservoir but I have never been there and so I have two quick questions.

Leaving from Lethbridge what is the quickest/best route to get there?
We will be fishing from shore is there a good spot to try where I can hopefully help my kids get their first fish? Not looking for any secret spots or anything just want to get my kids their first fish and help them get hooked on fishing like my dad did for me.

Thanks for the help.

Ryry4
07-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Head towards Raymond on hwy 52, go south on hwy 844 follow the hwy around as it heads back east. I believe there is a sign at the road towards the the lake (it'll be on the north side of the road). Last time I was there water skiing there was a spot with a dock that you could fish off of. I haven't ever fished there though.

gprime27
07-29-2011, 06:25 PM
The fish are biting good down there and we catch them everytime we go. We are going in the am ourselves. However, I'm SICK of finding garbage all over our spot. I find the coorslight beer drinkers I'm throwing them in the water. AND trust me when I say your going in the water.

cegeland
07-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the directions out to the lake and letting us know that the fish are biting I really am hoping that the kids can get a fish. We are planning to head out there Sunday morning and you gprime27 don't worry about us chucking our garbage all over we make sure we pick our garbage up and a little more on the way out.

diggerrigger
07-30-2011, 09:11 AM
I have been working in del bonita and staying at the milk river campground for months. Last week we paid a roughneck 20bucks to cross the river and he did next day he complained about a rash.
While driving back to Calgary Thursday morning the rock station 106.9 I think, played a public service msg about the Milk river having high concentrations of FECAL matter in it and said stay away from it.
I dont know where on the river the problem is but look into it as you said you were bringing kids> Good luck and have a safe weekend.

mikeo2
07-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Digger, the warning was for the Milk River itself, mainly if you are playing in the river and possibly staying at Writing On Stone PP. Milk River Ridge REservoir isnt actually part of the Milk River system.

diggerrigger
08-02-2011, 08:38 AM
thx for the info. Hope you folks did well.