PDA

View Full Version : A question for all the fishermen in Edmonton.

PFP134
07-30-2011, 08:58 PM
My dad and me go fishing a few times a year. We usually go to Hasse Lake and North Saskatchewan River but after 2 years of fishing in these places it became really boring. Could you please suggest us any good places to fish which are:
A maximum driving time of 2 hours from Edmonton.
Fishing from the shore( we don't have a boat)
Not full of people ( my dad doesn't like fishing where there are many people around)
Any suggestion will be welcomed ! Thank you guys !

Kurt505
07-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Mouth of the Pembina where it meets the Athabasca. Go north on hwy44 past Westlock then Dapp then Jarvie then Fawcett then you'll come to a husky gas station, keep going 6 miles north then turn west. This road will take you to a bridge that crosses the Pembina, right after you cross the river take a right(north) and follow that road for about 8-10 miles and you'll see where the trail goes to the left down into the valley to the mouth. There was a time when the Alberta record walleye came outta there. It might be a bit over 2hrs but not much.

PFP134
07-30-2011, 10:30 PM
From the description u gave me it seems that it is really difficult to find that Place. Also, I'm not looking for the biggest fish, just enjoy with and catch many fish (-: any other suggestions?

Dust1n
07-30-2011, 10:34 PM
wabamum? Star Lake Chickakoo? but sylvan has generaly great walleye fishing.
Gull is slow this year...blindman river is pretty decent

PFP134
07-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Fish hunter7 which of the places that u said do u recommend?

780sjc
07-30-2011, 10:54 PM

I'm sure all of them, that's why he said them. There really are endless options for you within two hours. Are you looking for more trout? Pike? Or just any fishing? Are you shore or boat fishing? Like previously mentioned wabamun is fantastic, wizard will catch you a ton of hammerhandles, star, east pit, isle, Cardiff, pigeon, coal..

Dust1n
07-30-2011, 11:00 PM

Pike no question about it is blindman river its a small river but dont be discouraged about its size it holds tons of fat pike in the 2-6lb range with some in the high teens. using red and white rattle snakes with a big jerks let it pause and watch the pike swipe at it. the water is is shallow but the mean depth is about 4feet.no weeds yet.the water is dark. and cast to the edges.

walleye is sylvan lake with lots of eyes in 2-3lb range but the odd one is around 8lbs+ jig and a minnow is prime at marina bay. about 50-150fish days are average we had a below average day today with around 40 and a few pike. but mabe its because it was scorching out. and the wind was from the east

both are located by reddeer

PFP134
07-30-2011, 11:30 PM
KK, we decided to go to Wabamun lake which is like 50 mins west of Edmonton. I have a few questions though. Can we fish from the shore at that lake and what is the best way to come to the shore ?