Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Wanting new 6.5 creedmoor (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=344655)

Rackmastr 05-18-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky_mark (Post 3787414)
More gun powder generally equates to a lots less tracking

Almost furthest thing from what I've experienced....

obsessed1 05-18-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky_mark (Post 3787414)
More gun powder generally equates to a lots less tracking

What on earth are you smoking? Better shot placement results in less tracking. Often better shot placement is achieved with lighter recoil. Less powder usually equates to less expensive which can lead to more down range which will also lead to better shot placement. I have no problem with magnums ( I own a couple) but my 308, 243, 30-30, and 303 all kill with just as much authority.

I just don't buy into the kool aid your selling.

marky_mark 05-18-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 3787422)
Wrong. You can’t fool people that know.

If your on here, who’s running the counter at cabelas?
Must be name dropper Kurt lol

Dick284 05-18-2018 08:40 PM

Watch out for the ditch!
Never mind, we’re there now.

7mmremmag 05-18-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dweb (Post 3787424)
I never thought asking for a rifle recommendation would result in this thread hahaha awesome

Hahah im with you on that one Dweb.
I have also decided I would like to add a 6.5 Creedmoor to the gun safe. I think ill wait till the Christenson Arms Mesa LH models hit Canada and get one ordered up from Prophet River.
Probably be right around that 2K mark, but I think itll be worth the investment.

SakoShooter 05-18-2018 08:59 PM

The only moose that I've seen lost was shot at 75 yards with a 300 weatherby magnum. The shooter had switched from a .243 which he'd shot for years and may have been less proficient with the big magnum? I can't say for sure, all I know is that we followed that blood trail for hours... probably needed more powder.

Marky_mark is not a thoughtful person... just another loudmouth troll.

Norwest Alta 05-18-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 3787333)
I'm not saying anything is relavent or ignorant, but if you want a real mans gun why are you messing around with a woman's 26 nosler when every real man knows a 338-378wby in a 7 pound platform is where it's at? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

338-378 wby is right there neck and neck with the 338 rum. I like the rum just fine mind you I don't think it's 7lbs. Probably 9.

I'm sure the creedmore is quite capable but it is not something that I desire to have in my gun safe.

SakoShooter 05-18-2018 10:03 PM

I have no particular desire for you to have a 6.5 creed in your gunsafe either, what in the blue blazes does that have to do with anything?

Btw, the original poster does have a desire for one in his gun safe....does this bother you or something? Just wondering why you're here seeing as you have so little interest in the subject of this thread.

Great caeser's ghost..

there are some characters on the world wide web.

Norwest Alta 05-18-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakoShooter (Post 3787474)
I have no particular desire for you to have a 6.5 creed in your gunsafe either, what in the blue blazes does that have to do with anything?

Btw, the original poster does have a desire for one in his gun safe....does this bother you or something? Just wondering why you're here seeing as you have so little interest in the subject of this thread.

Great caeser's ghost..

there are some characters on the world wide web.

Thought twice about what I was gonna post do to getting put in the penalty box but I'm sure you got a pretty good idea what I my opinion about you and what you can insert where.

sns2 05-18-2018 10:22 PM

Enough