Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   08/09 NHL Thread. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=20188)

Kanonfodder 06-04-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 330696)
Got your subsidies mixed up I think. The current one potentially benefits all teams and came out of the lock-out. I'm talking about the one before the lock-out. That was exclusively for Cdn. teams. Had much to do with dollar disparity.

My argument still stands. Local ownership fought to get better terms and the fans of th franchise weren't deprived of their team. And yes, the franchise holder (be it Mickey D's or the NHL) can revoke a franchise and move it if they wish. The owner can't move it. People sign a deal. They should be forced to live by it.

I'm not sure what that has to do with it. I didn't say the players were impoverished. NHL and Bettman said what they wanted. Union initially said "no way". In the end the NHL got it.

A precedent that failed in the end. That's the lesson.

Ok, your turn! :D

The move may have failed but the court precedent is ALL that matters.
You are correct I forgot about the Dollar equalization plan
I still disagree that nobody should be able to tell me where I cant move my business to. I shouldn't be forced to lose money...thats hardly capitalism...cours Bettmen acts like he has a Napoleon Complex so a Dictatorship would be accurate

BrownBear416 06-04-2009 08:55 PM

Ossssssssgood.....Ossssssgood..........Ossssssgood ......:evilgrin:

Lets go Pitts :)

TreeGuy 06-04-2009 09:35 PM

Bye geeze, I think the kids just might pull it off! 10% physical and 90% mental. Simple as that. Go Pens!

Tree

BrownBear416 06-04-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeGuy (Post 330931)
Bye geeze, I think the kids just might pull it off! 10% physical and 90% mental. Simple as that. Go Pens!

Tree

Same formula that your better half told me she uses in order to live with you :innocent:

TreeGuy 06-04-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBear416 (Post 330936)
Same formula that your better half told me she uses in order to live with you :innocent:

Perhaps....

However, at least my better half isn't 'lefty', with the lady's underware section of the Sears catalog being held by 'righty'. FYI, that is NOT a threesome.:D

Tree

hunt_and_fish 06-05-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeGuy (Post 330953)
Perhaps....

However, at least my better half isn't 'lefty', with the lady's underware section of the Sears catalog being held by 'righty'. FYI, that is NOT a threesome.:D

Tree

:lol::lol:...or maybe not the lady's underwear section....I think George does some modeling for Sears once in a while doesn't he? :evilgrin:

BB - you might want to go back to the Ron Burgundy avatar.:D

BrownBear416 06-05-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish (Post 331078)
:lol::lol:...or maybe not the lady's underwear section....I think George does some modeling for Sears once in a while doesn't he? :evilgrin:

BB - you might want to go back to the Ron Burgundy avatar.:D

I am not going to let you two Maggots bring me down :wave:

You and Tree's comedy is so good maybe you need to take your act on the road :rolleye2::rolleye2::rolleye2:

Okotokian 06-05-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanonfodder (Post 330814)
I still disagree that nobody should be able to tell me where I cant move my business to. I shouldn't be forced to lose money...thats hardly capitalism...

If one develops there own business then I couldn't agree more. But franchises come with franchise agreements that stipulate how/when/if a franchise can be moved. It's an agreement that the original parties freely entered into. It's not something Bettman suddenly sprung on the owners of the Phoenix franchise. I'm just saying that if you run or buy a business, you have to accept the contractual obligations in place. THAT is what underpins successful capitalism, the law of contracts. As league president it's job 1 for Bettman to ensure contracts are respected.

If blackberryboy can break the franchise contract, why can't he break all the player contracts too? and the arena rental contract, and the.....

TheClash 06-05-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 331121)
If one develops there own business then I couldn't agree more. But franchises come with franchise agreements that stipulate how/when/if a franchise can be moved. It's an agreement that the original parties freely entered into. It's not something Bettman suddenly sprung on the owners of the Phoenix franchise. I'm just saying that if you run or buy a business, you have to accept the contractual obligations in place. THAT is what underpins successful capitalism, the law of contracts. As league president it's job 1 for Bettman to ensure contracts are respected.

If blackberryboy can break the franchise contract, why can't he break all the player contracts too? and the arena rental contract, and the.....

agreed..however...doesn't a new owner of the franchise enter into a new contract of said franchise...and therefore can stipulate if the team can be moved??.....just meaning that the end of the contract with one owner can mean a drafting of a new contract for the new owner...

Okotokian 06-05-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheClash (Post 331123)
agreed..however...doesn't a new owner of the franchise enter into a new contract of said franchise...and therefore can stipulate if the team can be moved??.....just meaning that the end of the contract with one owner can mean a drafting of a new contract for the new owner...

I don't think so. If you buy a business, you inherit all the contractual obligations, unless you can renegotiate them with the other party. That's why people do Due Diligence... to find out all the obligations they have to take care of. And on top of that, in a franchise operation the franchisor usually has the right to approve the purchaser. The current contractual obligation/right is to operate a team in Phoenix.

TreeGuy 06-05-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBear416 (Post 331104)
I am not going to let you two Maggots bring me down :wave:

If you're 'up', I want absolutly NOTHING to do with bringing you 'down'.:sick:

Tree

goober 06-06-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeGuy (Post 331415)
If you're 'up', I want absolutly NOTHING to do with bringing you 'down'.:sick:

Tree

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BrownBear416 06-06-2009 04:04 PM

Well big game tonight...Ya think Pitts can steal one in the Motor City? :):)

I am thinking they have the momentum now and I hope it will be enough for them..:)

Should be a hell of a game :)

mulecrazy 06-06-2009 06:15 PM

Pens win 3-2 in OT on a goal from kunitz. At least I hope the score is in favour of the pens.

BrownBear416 06-06-2009 06:19 PM

That Karen Newman is a 100% Cougar :evilgrin:

~Octane~ 06-06-2009 08:08 PM

This game is a f***in joke. Might aswell switch it to nancy grace.

BrownBear416 06-06-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 331900)
This game is a f***in joke. Might aswell switch it to nancy grace.

HaHa yep what a blowout...

TreeGuy 06-06-2009 09:46 PM

If Monsieur Flur-EE gets the nod as the third stringer next year in Vancouver I'm gonna cheer for Belarus!:mad:

Tree

7mm-08 06-06-2009 10:47 PM

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...73124_8239.jpg

BrownBear416 06-06-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7mm-08 (Post 332004)

lmao

chuck0039 06-09-2009 12:12 PM

from what I have been following on sportsnet about the coyotes and the NHL, the judge has been hammer the league. I almost get the feeling that the courts are going to side with Balsille. We will know soon enough I guess

BrownBear416 06-09-2009 12:14 PM

Lord Stanley in the House tonight :wave:

chuck0039 06-09-2009 12:17 PM

I hope it stays in the case. Go Pens Go.

BigRackLover 06-09-2009 12:18 PM

Pens in 7 (with overtime) ...

BrownBear416 06-09-2009 12:19 PM

I agree with both you :)

chuck0039 06-09-2009 12:22 PM

did you hear the news about Heatly, I guess he wants out of Ottawa. They are saying he wants to come to western canada. It will be interesting to see what happens there

goober 06-09-2009 12:24 PM

I hope you are right BB and BigRack!! I have a feeling it will be Detroit again this year though. Too bad as I lost all respect for them at the all star game when they allowed 2 of there players to skip the game because they were tired. I think that was absolute classless!! These guy's are paid millions to play this game and when a player is voted in by the fans it is not right to not go. Stevie Y would have never let anything like that happen when he was a Wing!!

TheClash 06-09-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober (Post 333329)
I hope you are right BB and BigRack!! I have a feeling it will be Detroit again this year though. Too bad as I lost all respect for them at the all star game when they allowed 2 of there players to skip the game because they were tired. I think that was absolute classless!! These guy's are paid millions to play this game and when a player is voted in by the fans it is not right to not go. Stevie Y would have never let anything like that happen when he was a Wing!!

which is why i think the hockey all star game should be after the playoffs, like the pro bowl in the nfl....however the nhl season is already so long...it will never work to have it after....

BrownBear416 06-09-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober (Post 333329)

I agree 100% with you goober.Pitts needs to come out with all cylinders firing.Everyone is saying that these finals is the best in the last 10 years??? I don't see it myself...

Quote:

chuck0039 did you hear the news about Heatly, I guess he wants out of Ottawa. They are saying he wants to come to western canada. It will be interesting to see what happens there
Wow he would be a sweet pickup for any team...

goober 06-09-2009 12:33 PM

Tough to add Heatley with his contract at 7.5!
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock...9/9739076.html