Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What is the strangest thing you have caught? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=15814)

Foshizzle13 03-24-2016 10:04 AM

I caught a baseball cap out of the Bow last week in Calgary, that I would guess is the strangest so far. Was the catch of the day though!

yetiseeker 03-24-2016 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine had to be a Wolffish while jigging for Halibut.

Strangest looking fish I've ever seen - was sacred to touch it as it just seemed alien like. Couldn't get it back in the water quick enough - and good thing as they are actually considered a species at risk in the area I caught it.

Red Neck 03-24-2016 10:16 AM

:) Yeas ago at Coal lake I hooked into what I though was mayba a dead body?? turned out to be an open patio umbrella pulled back backwards? few was i ever happy i was wrong.That was a catch & release.:)
Red Neck Out
:scared0018:

Icehole 03-24-2016 10:24 AM

:thinking-006::thinking-006::thinking-006::thinking-006::thinking-006: wow I was thinking this was going to be dirty

Krisrf 03-24-2016 10:31 AM

SSR by the Medicine Hat power plant was always good for catching various undergarments... I have no clue what could have possibly been going on there.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Burbotism 03-24-2016 10:59 AM

Cold Lake Ice

Any update for Cold lake?

TIA

Talking moose 03-24-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burbotism (Post 3182422)
Any update for Cold lake?

TIA

Seen some on the cold lake ice condition thread...:)

Old Wizard 03-24-2016 01:10 PM

Odd catches

A Grebe at Bearspaw and a seagull at Grassy Lake.

Silvercreek 03-24-2016 01:52 PM

I caught my brother in the ear at Iosegun Lake one time.

elkdump 03-24-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 152426)
Fishing the Baja in the early '90s, I hooked a pelican!
Cat

Hahaha, fishing Salmon off Vancouver island when I threw out my line and flasher with a fresh herring a big noisy seagull grabbed the herring, I jerked the rod but the fish buzzard shouldn't let go the herring, so I yelled at my buddy " HIT THE THROTTLE " well buddy hit the throttle and the 19 foot boat took off, the fish buzzard hung on and was water skiing at break neck speeds for about 15 minutes we laughed until we almost cried , finally we stopped and reeled in the line, when the seagull got near the boat he let go finally, the fresh herring was destroyed ,

What a laugh,

PITA would have been outraged, we probably would have gone to prison for life had the seagull lovers seen what happened,,,

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

marty1 03-24-2016 04:56 PM

5 years ago I caught a black bear on my back cast. We Were fly-fishing a small lake and behind us were some train tracks and then a river , the bear was walking along the river bank, if you were to turn around from where we were fishing you can't see the river, as I was casting the moment I went to hull forward the line pretty much landed on my right shoulder and said what the #$## theirs nothing behind me, turned around walk up the small rise and nearly pooped my pants.He was high tailing up river but as soon as he got down wind of us, put on the brakes stood up on two feet, at that time yelled at my buddy "get in the boat" and the rest is history.

Ronji 03-25-2016 09:38 AM

Odd things caught

My friend and I were fishing off the bridge at Lac Ste Anne narrows in 1981. We looked down, and we could see a rifle on the bottom. We attached the heaviest spoons we had and dragged the bottom. We pulled up a 30-30 Winchester rifle. It caused quite a stir as there were a lot of people fishing there that day. We turned it in to the RCMP, and they gave back to us a number of months later. They could find no record of it either stolen or lost. His family still has it to this day. Little rusty but it works still.

supracar865 06-18-2016 06:08 PM

Skunked at ghost last week til I pulled in a car clip on Canadian flag

weedhaul 06-18-2016 10:37 PM

Sweater, shoes, lures...nothing close to a bear or a rifle!

Caught a pike once, not big but big enough to be bait for a huge pike...felt like I hooked a tree root, pulled the boat right around. Got it up boat side and the smaller pike was halfway down the big one's throat.

Findaway 01-18-2017 03:51 PM

I caught a 60 pins snapping turtle on a 1/16th oz Jighead on 4 lb fluro. It came out from under the dock and somehow couldn't break that 4 lbs. Practiced c&r

Sent from my T06 using Tapatalk

chucklesthe3rd 01-18-2017 05:35 PM

The strangest thing i caught was in gull lake and i caught a condom no lie

D.A.C 01-18-2017 07:15 PM

duvernay north saskatchewan Reeled in a used needle. Since then haven't fish the north sask lol

MDR 01-18-2017 10:01 PM

Saw a guy fishing off a pier in Southern Ontario...guy casts out just as a seadoo takes off bzzzzzzzzzzzz. Never laughed so hard in my life.

ruger338 01-26-2017 08:59 PM

weird

on 2 separate occasions ive caught some weird stuff in the NSR 1st was a pair of mens Edwin jeans with a Tag Heuer watch in the pocket. Second was funny and quite gross, a pink studded battery operated callk ring shouldve seen my face haha

bubba 96 01-27-2017 09:03 AM

Caught a bird casting into the bow by where the highwood flows into ..didn't realize at the time, started reeling and was the weirdest fight iv had with the fishing rod..