Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official NHL Thread!!!! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=6253)

chuck0039 02-09-2008 06:56 PM

WOW i hope the Oilers wake up and play the 3rd period. They look the same as the san jose game. look like crap...:mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

Jamie 02-09-2008 06:58 PM

Good game so far.

But only 6 shots by the Oilers...
Whats up with that?

Stortini is looking for a beating. Godard might be the one to grant him his wish.

IGGY.. SNAKEBIT!!!

Jamie

chuck0039 02-09-2008 07:49 PM

Thankfully we at least scored. but damm what a horrible game just looked like the boys did not care about the 2 points on the line disgusting just disgusting:mad2: :mad: :mad3:

Kanonfodder 02-16-2008 11:13 PM

Good game by the Oilers lost the game but really won the battle. Hard hits big fights...some questionable reffing both ways but all in all I was very happy with the effort. As long as they play with heart I am a happy happy fan.... GO OIL

TreeGuy 02-16-2008 11:22 PM

WOW! Best loss ever. What a game! When Hemskey is into it and little Gagner drops 'em and is swinging bombs, holy! Very entertaining, but some league reviewable stuff in there for sure. Great tem bonding though!

Tree

brownbomber 02-17-2008 12:05 AM

decent game

1 Attachment(s)
turned into a bit of the gonger at the end but good to see the boys stepping up to the plate. nothing wrong with a little fisticuffs to get the boys to bond a bit. look what good it did for iggy in the attached photo from a few years back, you don't have to win to get your teammates respect just step up!

dss44 02-17-2008 12:21 AM

whooopppp canucks show the oil how it's done once again! Good work boys!

Kanonfodder 02-17-2008 08:46 PM

once again ? I thought this was the first time the nuks have beaten the Oil in ages...watched the Duckies beat down the Lames...geez Kipper just hasn't got it anymore 10 goals in 5 periods of 51 shots.....can anyone say first round elimination again??? At least you get one round though lol.... BTW whats with Iggy if your going to call a guy on to fight take off the visor princess....

Jamie 02-22-2008 09:59 PM

Bit of a roll for Calgary these days.
They beat the top 2 teams in the NHL.
Good game tonight. Lots of big hits.. Wings looked small against Calgary.. It seemed every 5 minutes there was a wing with his bell rung. Kipper was HOT HOT HOT!!
Lucky goal to win it.. But hey.. They all count!

Next up.. a Shot at first place.

Oh.. Does Edmonton still have a team?
Bad year for you guys. Perhaps next year will be better. I think a TON of changes are needed.

Jamie

TreeGuy 02-22-2008 11:29 PM

Yeah, we still have a team. Lost 5-2 to those damn stars again.:mad:

Congrats to Kipper for his first SO of the year. They pretty much kicked the sh*t out of the wings which was fun to watch but killed my pool tonight.

Prediction: By noon on Sunday, Sutter will announce that Tangay and Warrener are going to Montreal for Ryder and a couple of draft picks. On deadline day, there is a good chance you will see Lombardi shipped off in a character building move as well.

As for the Oil, with 27 wins and only being 3 under .500 with their young roster and injuries, I'd call this season pretty sucessful. In fact, without our injuries, the situations could very easily hve been reversed. Watch for klowe to be a buyer and a return of Smyth is something that would NOT surprise me with the deep pockets of Katze.

Tree

Baulde 02-22-2008 11:43 PM

I don't see Tangay going anywhere. That would be dumb. He is the second best forward on the flames. Sure Juice has more points but he is much too inconsistant.

I would expect to see Boyd moved if anyone, then perhaps Warrener. Perhaps for a good depth player that can play center and right wing.

And do not see Smyth comming back to Edmonton.

TreeGuy 02-22-2008 11:52 PM

Baulde, Tangay is gone not because of his skill, but because of his underperformance and huge price tag ($5.25ish/per). Juice will be gone in the off season also (wife issues), but keeping Lankow is very important. Most underrated player in the league. Right now, Warrener and Erikison are bait, as well as Lombo.

I don't think that Smyth is coming back either, just a pipe dream.:D

Tree

Baulde 02-23-2008 01:23 AM

Tangay has been on lines that do not produce that well but he still has. And there is a problem with trading him. He has a no trade clause. I would rather keep Tangay then Juice. Tangay is in a bit of a slump but a slump that still produces more then so many more players, on lines that are not scoring lines. Juice would be nice to keep but I dont see him worth more then 3 million. I agree with Lankow they need to keep him. I hope they re-sign old man nolan, he has earned his keep here.

With the flames new D man pickup I hope they dump Erikison.

Baulde 02-25-2008 07:57 PM

Tanguay is going nowhere,

http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=354804

Lets see what happens tomorrow.

Kanonfodder 02-25-2008 08:08 PM

well I have to say that as much as I admit the Flames have improved this current roster ain't gonna make the grade...yes I hate the flames with a passion bordering on insanity...but really this team won't survive the first round IMO Sutter needs to pull the trigger on Tues

Duk Dog 02-25-2008 08:09 PM

Pretty dull trade deadline so far.

Hoochie Papa 02-25-2008 08:24 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but does every one in Toronto WANT Sundin to leave? I realize they want to start building the team with younger players, but do they think getting rid of Sundin now will catapult them into the playoffs? If they want to dig themselves out of the hole they are in, they better keep the experience and start using him a little more effectively.

Baulde 02-25-2008 08:29 PM

Many want Sundin to to leave. And then resign next year. In other words. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

They gain nothing by keeping him for the rest of the year, and if Sundin really wants to help TO he would trade somewhere for picks/prospects and come back the next year. And the way TO fans are they may end up driving him away and then he may NOT resign this next year. Then they will lose out doubley so.

dun dun dun....

TreeGuy 02-25-2008 10:23 PM

:mad2: This Sundin situation ****es me off!:mad2:

As a lifelong Oilers fan I can only dare to dream of having a player of his quality being so loyal! Stupid TO!:mad3:

Think about it, he just gave up any chance of ever raising the cup. EVER. And he'll be ripped for it. Dumb move on his part if he is selfish. Amazing move on his part for not being the prototypical pro athelete and putting the team abov himself. Good on ya Mats!:wave:

Tree

Duk Dog 03-10-2008 11:18 PM

Congrats to Iginla on taking over the franchise scoring lead for the Flames tonight with his 365th. It was a good game to be able to take my young nephew that is out visiting from Ontario to. The only kid on his street back home that isn't a Leafs fan.

Jamie 03-10-2008 11:48 PM

Duk. It sure was a great game to take the kid to.
I wish I could have gone with Willy.
Good on Iggy!

I have somewhat forgotten about this thread.
With Edmonton being basement dwellers and the fact most of the folks around here seem to support that last place team.. Is team the right word?
Oh well perhaps they can get the first round draft pick.:evilgrin:

Flames are looking good these days, season is coming to a end and 1st place is a good shot.
Has Dion really stepped it up this year? The guy looks great. Kipper looks really good as well.

Iron mike SEEMS to have been good for this team. Playoffs will tell.

Jamie

dss44 03-11-2008 12:39 AM

Don't forget about those Nucks right on your @$$ lol After we beat you our last 2 games against one another...we will be well ahead :D

brownbomber 03-11-2008 04:05 AM

northwest

basement dwellers the oilers are in the northwest yup, they are a whole 11 points behind the amazing flames. with every player on the flames being the toughest guy in the league and the most talented shouldn't they be a little farther ahead? now really the flames should be 1000 points ahead because they are the flames. sorry not much of a superfan, but the fanboyism grinds my gears sometimes. you probably have a jersey with someone elses last name on the back don't you jamie?
i believe anaheim has their first round pick so i guess it's not much of a concern. i think they are probably more interested in getting the kids lots of minutes and learning the game at the next level in a positive way.
kipper looks good until the playoffs when everyone goes high blocker side on him for about 50% of the goals against him when it counts.
phaneuf looked amazing but gets into selfish streaks where he hits too much and everyone is like wow look at that hit nevermind the odd man going back the other way,or just watch him next time he's angry and the other teams center curls and the winger follows he's way up high on the winger and the other winger is scoring back door down low. not saying he's not a great dman, he will win a norris or three if he can put his temper aside and think team not me when he gets worked up.
seriously the flames are a heck of a team and the oilers kids will be soon as well, but both need some heart. flames lots of talent but self destruct buttons all around, no matter what head games keenan plays 2 rounds will be it, maybe 3 with iginla's sheer force of will. they have the talent and some have the heart but just don't look like a smart enough team to do it.
that said the oilers need a tough guy in the worst way, stortini is terrible i don't see how he scares anyone besides someone who is a emotional wreck and doesn't want anyone hugging them. way too many injuries, way too small, not enough talent, changes need for the oilers= a new strength coach way to many injuries, a real designated slugger not a plug like goddard or that taffy puller stortini but someone who can actaully play, dmen who shouldn't be nicknamed "mr glass", another big winger that skate and score 15-25 goals and forecheck like crazy.

Devils_Righthand 03-14-2008 01:01 PM

Friends...

Toronto is coming in this Year! Tomorrow nite... We'll Clean House and ya... make sure were in the playoffs... By winning Every Game......

T.O [Pernounced: T Dot O]

(Dang... that might jinx em...)

340wtby 03-14-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils_Righthand (Post 123532)
Friends...

Toronto is coming in this Year! Tomorrow nite... We'll Clean House and ya... make sure were in the playoffs... By winning Every Game......

T.O [Pernounced: T Dot O]

(Dang... that might jinx em...)

:lol: :lol:

Devils_Righthand 03-14-2008 01:05 PM

I know we only have well...One player on our team... But... MAN! He's Good!... ok Two... Toskala is a !Wizard! out there!

Glockster 03-14-2008 03:54 PM

Hey Flames fans. Can you feel the playoffs slowly sliding out of your hands?:evilgrin:

chuck0039 03-16-2008 09:36 PM

so happy the Oilers won but I think they owe Roloson a few steak or lobster dinners. What a performance Roloson put on

TheClash 03-18-2008 10:18 PM

you gotta love the young guns. play offs or not..the future looks bright (if we can sign them that is)

Jamie 03-18-2008 10:54 PM

CRAP.. What is Calgary trying to do??????

Frustrated Fan here!!
BUT they did have 3 posts tonight..

GRRRR time to step it up.

Jamie