Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PIF and Stollery 2011 (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=79254)

jacob1202 01-06-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 789832)
Wow nice offer, very kind.
I got a phone call today from the Distributor I used to work for, they want me back and I know they need some more people as well.
Call me tomorrow and I will see if I can help you out.

im not sure that i have your number ken... if i do and dont see it here i appologize can u send it to me again? i do have work and well start back up in early march... so i would hate to start working for someone just to have to leave again

CaberTosser 01-07-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacob1202 (Post 789823)
i wish you were in edmonton for that plumbing call... my bathroom sink wont drain and ive put a snake down about 15 ft..... funny thing is when i turn on my tap the drain fills up almost instantly and takes forever to empty... i cant figure it out

Sometimes that might just be a build up on the pop-up itself. A delicious gelatinous mass grown around a drain dreadlock of hair. Undo the knurled nut where the pivot-rod tilts and pull the rod back; releasing the pop-up to be de-gungeificated. Reinstall.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Pay it Forward :)

jacob1202 01-07-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 789838)
Sometimes that might just be a build up on the pop-up itself. A delicious gelatinous mass grown around a drain dreadlock of hair. Undo the knurled nut where the pivot-rod tilts and pull the rod back; releasing the pop-up to be de-gungeificated. Reinstall.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Pay it Forward :)

yeah i actually pulled it right out... and pulled the u-joint piece out under the cupboard.... nthn there ... its free flowing... its got me confused

The Great Outdoors 01-07-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingMOM (Post 789706)
Will put up 1 dozen cardboard books for little kids.
Various titles, subjects.

I have a little guy that needs more books.

Have to PIF, a host of old fishing gear: line, lures, fly tying supplies if anyone is interested.

FishingMOM 01-07-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Outdoors (Post 789861)
I have a little guy that needs more books.

Have to PIF, a host of old fishing gear: line, lures, fly tying supplies if anyone is interested.

They are yours, send address

FishingMOM 01-07-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacob1202 (Post 789829)
since we are about to get a foot or so of snow in edmonton in the next few days ... i offer up my snow shoveling skills to anyone who isnt able to do it themselves... this includes anyone who has elderly freinds/family who need it done... since i am currently laid off and waiting to go back to work for my company i will do it for whomever needs it

I would like this for our friend Mudbugs Cottage. If Mud will agree to accepting this gift.

thanks.

Alberta Bigbore 01-07-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointer (Post 789525)
hey guys i have a camo 12/10 guage shell belt holds 25 rounds i would like to pif

I will take this shell belt ! ....I will forward you the address to send it after work tonight

.......and i would like to PIF...... this DVD called " Quantum, Preformance Tuned Fishing"

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a...ss/quantum.jpg

I work today and willl be on mobile and cant do alot on there but can swap info after work.

TheClash 01-07-2011 08:15 AM

I'll take that helly hanson vest and offer up a free ski or snowboard wax for anyone in the lethbridge/magrath/raymond area.

FishingMOM 01-07-2011 11:08 AM

PIF one Danelectro fabtone

Fairly heavy so please try to be close to calgary or in.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...troFabtone.jpg

ducky_hunter 01-07-2011 11:20 AM

I love this have to go away for the weekend so look sunday I am going to post up A IBM T60 tinkpad Laptop and a Tradions inline 50 cal mussle loader .

jacob1202 01-07-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingMOM (Post 789910)
I would like this for our friend Mudbugs Cottage. If Mud will agree to accepting this gift.

thanks.

lol ok.... where is the cottage?

Alberta Bigbore 01-07-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducky_hunter (Post 790225)
I love this have to go away for the weekend so look sunday I am going to post up A IBM T60 tinkpad Laptop and a Tradions inline 50 cal mussle loader .

ill take the Muzzeloader...........................and ill PIF a Jack Daniels Zippo Lighter... with leather Holster............ pics to follow tonight

FishingMOM 01-07-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducky_hunter (Post 790225)

I would love the laptop. If avaliable still.

FishingMOM 01-07-2011 11:53 AM

Local Only PIF
I can not afford to mail this one out.

2 large Case logic cases of Cd's.
One case if FULL of music
Including.....
the great classics
pearl jam
Mike Watt
The tea party
Skinny puppy
smashing pumpkins
rage against the machine
prodigy
Led zeppelin
nirvana
NIN
Howard Stern
Guns n roses
chuck berry
beck

the second case has more cds, burnt I believe. Both go together.

Thanks.

ducky_hunter 01-07-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore (Post 790237)
ill take the Muzzeloader...........................and ill PIF a Jack Daniels Zippo Lighter... with leather Holster............ pics to follow tonight

will post sunday at noon

Alberta Bigbore 01-07-2011 12:02 PM

THATS TEASING !!!!!!!!! BAN HIM!!! jks haha. ................ welll.. I guess I am able to take two more grabs... since I PIF'd two items that aren't taken yet. :p

Ken07AOVette 01-07-2011 12:16 PM

Right on, I am glad to see it is going so well. :sHa_shakeshout:

There is another thing we did in the other forum, we donated to a Childrens Hospital.

What happened, is someone would put up a cash offering, any amount, and whoever claimed it would either take it, or offer it to the charity in their name. Also, if they felt the item they grabbed was worth a lot, either cash value or sentimental, they would quite often add to the pot, either in a followed PIF or a donation in their name.

While it won't work to try and send to a dozen or hundred different charities, what I was thinking is why don't we either pick someone confidentially that we know is doing rough, or have one of the mods set up a charitable account, add to it then pay out when needed?

Just a thought. PM me for/with more info as you see fit.

Alberta Bigbore 01-07-2011 12:29 PM

I do like u mentioned to utilize the Trader Rating system.... but one should add in the comment line...that it was for the PIF thread... and click it as Trade not buyer or seller... Ken.. u should add that to your original post...

Ken07AOVette 01-07-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore (Post 790305)
I do like u mentioned to utilize the Trader Rating system.... but one should add in the comment line...that it was for the PIF thread... and click it as Trade not buyer or seller... Ken.. u should add that to your original post...

Good plan, but it is not a trade, it is actually buyer/seller, the seller sold the item, the buyer paid for it by selling another item..... I think they should be buyer seller, even though there are actually 3 separate transactions-

you list toy, I take toy, I list wheel

transactions are you +1 seller, me + 1 buyer for the toy, then the wheel is the next one. Follow?

jacob1202 01-07-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 790285)
Right on, I am glad to see it is going so well. :sHa_shakeshout:

There is another thing we did in the other forum, we donated to a Childrens Hospital.

What happened, is someone would put up a cash offering, any amount, and whoever claimed it would either take it, or offer it to the charity in their name. Also, if they felt the item they grabbed was worth a lot, either cash value or sentimental, they would quite often add to the pot, either in a followed PIF or a donation in their name.

While it won't work to try and send to a dozen or hundred different charities, what I was thinking is why don't we either pick someone confidentially that we know is doing rough, or have one of the mods set up a charitable account, add to it then pay out when needed?

Just a thought. PM me for/with more info as you see fit.

i would be down for that... how about the stollery childrens hospital ? they do so much fantastic work there

Ken07AOVette 01-07-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacob1202 (Post 790315)
i would be down for that... how about the stollery childrens hospital ? they do so much fantastic work there

PERFECT!!!

If we can get one of the mods to hold the donation for us, at a later date, call it "from the Members of Alberta Outdoors Forum" that would be great.

For my next PIF, $25.00 CASH! :sHa_shakeshout:

(you can claim it, or donate to the Stollery, remember to PIF after.)

mudbug 01-07-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingMOM (Post 790206)
PIF one Danelectro fabtone

Fairly heavy so please try to be close to calgary or in.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...troFabtone.jpg

Okay, what is this? I've never heard of this one before :thinking-006:

mudbug 01-07-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacob1202 (Post 790235)
lol ok.... where is the cottage?

We can discuss this one at Timmy's :)

jacob1202 01-07-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudbug (Post 790376)

sounds good :)

Ken07AOVette 01-07-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudbug (Post 790372)
Okay, what is this? I've never heard of this one before :thinking-006:

I think it is a pickup for an electric guitar?

FishingMOM 01-07-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 790396)
I think it is a pickup for an electric guitar?

yes, it is for sound effects.

sco22 01-07-2011 02:28 PM

Love the charity angle, I will take Ken's $25 and my pif to the Stollery is $225.

Cheers.

Ken07AOVette 01-07-2011 02:45 PM

I will Claim SCO22's $225, and it will go to the Stollery! :love0025:

Next! :)

Ken07AOVette 01-07-2011 03:58 PM

Looks like all this is still available.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBark (Post 789313)
I'll grab Kens blade.
Offering a 26" JVC TV and cabinet / stand.8 - 9 yrs old, all works fine, just picked up a 55".
Edm / Fort Sask area pick-up.

TBark

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 789474)
Done - PM on the way!:)
Here's what I have to offer to someone who wants to go deep this winter!
there are about 40 in here, ranging from 1.2oz to 2 1/2oz ( I think!)
Beautiful vintage palstic box at no extra charge!:D
Cat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...hat/40jigs.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudbug (Post 789519)

If someone is in the Edmonton area I'd like to PIF to them one of my famous chocolate cherry home made cakes :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 789816)
I have 2 PIF's

First up is a Princess Auto Trailer dolly; like the one on the picture, but maybe not exactly the same. Due to weight and size it is for Calgary pick-up, but I may be able to meet partway.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...=1294381589725

The second PIF is I'm offering up a 1 hour professional plumbing/heating service call; within Calgary again. Any parts extra if necessary; at regular prices (no higher, nor any lower than normal prices for parts).

First "I'll take it " applies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore (Post 789975)
I will take this shell belt ! ....I will forward you the address to send it after work tonight

.......and i would like to PIF...... this DVD called " Quantum, Preformance Tuned Fishing"

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a...ss/quantum.jpg

I work today and willl be on mobile and cant do alot on there but can swap info after work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore (Post 790237)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudbug (Post 790376)

jacob1202 01-07-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingMOM (Post 790420)
yes, it is for sound effects.

i have one and if you play electric guitar they are great... gives you a really fat rich sound