Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Krylon Paint Help (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=30418)

shooter 03-28-2009 06:28 PM

Krylon Paint Help

I am going to do a stock with the Krylon paint. Made the trip to Can Tire and got the base color and clear but they don't stock the "webbing" paint.

I am in Calgary and tried:
Can Tire
Michaels Craft shop
Home Depot.

Any ideas on where to find the Webbing Paint?

Thanks a bunch!

spurly 03-28-2009 06:42 PM

webbing paint

It is no longer stocked in canada. You can order from ACE hardware in the states but they have to ground ship. was gonna cost me $30 shipping for 4 cans of paint worth $16. I tried several places while in Idaho and Montana and could not find any. If anybody else has any tips you don't mind sharin please help. spurly

tikka boom 03-28-2009 07:21 PM

i just painted a stock on my tikka and i used krylon it turned out awsom. what colors are you useing

double gun 03-28-2009 07:27 PM

I have bought Krylon white webbing at our local Tru-Value store (had to ask to have it brought in - Black wasnt available) and you can get "excel marble" in silver or gold from Walmart which is pretty much the same, just a different company. Duracoat or Armacoat (cant remember which - the stuff sold in Edmonton) sells their own version in black maybe other colors. If it was me I wouldnt bother with the krylon undercoat either, just stick with Duracoat or Armacoat for the whole job. It will cost more, but it is also way better.
My $0.02.

Mulestalker 03-28-2009 07:36 PM

How is this Krylon standing up to the elements? I just can't see it lasting to the abuse, I know I have tried using rattle cans with limited success. The only paint that worked was automotive paint,2 part paint, used in the body shops. I do a lot of winter hunting ( coyotes ) and these rattle can paints just didn't withstand the moister and was lucky to get a year out of it..and stripping and refinishing every year is no fun...

7mm-08 03-28-2009 07:48 PM

Rona carries it go there and have a look!!!!

PoppaW 03-28-2009 07:56 PM

I just got graphite color to do a stock. I will be doing it tonight. I wanted webbing also but can't find any. If it last a few years then I get a new color I may like it as removing the stock paint was a 1 hour job. I guess I will see how it turns out. I will try two coats.

spudislander 03-28-2009 10:12 PM

Krylon stands up better if you let it cure for a month and then blast it with a coat of Krylon Matte clear coat. That's what i've found anyhow.

gitrdun 03-29-2009 11:31 AM

I have Krylon Webbing paint in Black, white, silver and gold (those are the only colors they make). I need $20.00 a can to recover my costs. Local pick up only. PM me if you want some. First come first served.

shooter 03-29-2009 11:05 PM

Thanks for all tips. Will let every one know if I find it.