Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   AYA June 16 Southern Alberta (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=345326)

kouleerunner 05-25-2018 09:28 AM

AYA June 16 Southern Alberta

1 Attachment(s)
Come join us for a great day of fishing!

TROLLER 05-27-2018 10:23 AM

Big question how do you figure anyone is going to be able to fish when the SMRD has closed the boat launch off?

huntsfurfish 05-27-2018 10:48 AM

Likely doing boat inspections prior to the tournament.

=controlled.

Also bet already approved.:)

kouleerunner 05-27-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLLER (Post 3790769)
Big question how do you figure anyone is going to be able to fish when the SMRD has closed the boat launch off?

We have the launch open. It took a lot of work, and lots of volunteer hours! Just got back from there tonight! You need to complete a commitment form, then you get a combination for the lock. Every boat that enters has to do this. SMRID also has a boat sticker program, it speeds things up if you go to many SRMID waterbodys.

K

pikergolf 05-28-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kouleerunner (Post 3791089)
We have the launch open. It took a lot of work, and lots of volunteer hours! Just got back from there tonight! You need to complete a commitment form, then you get a combination for the lock. Every boat that enters has to do this. SMRID also has a boat sticker program, it speeds things up if you go to many SRMID waterbodys.

K

Can you please post a link to this information? Thanks! Glad that something was worked out for us fishermen.

TROLLER 05-28-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

K

Well done and thank you and everyone else who helped out. Your hard work is very appreciated.

kouleerunner 05-28-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 3791203)
Can you please post a link to this information? Thanks! Glad that something was worked out for us fishermen.

We are working on getting it on the Grassy Lake Recreation Board website, not there yet. I will post the address when it's live. Email me at kouleerunner@gmail.com and I can set you up.

Thanks Troller,. A lot of people came together to make this work, fishermen and SMRID!

Wes_G 05-28-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

K

Where do I get this form? who do I give this form back to? Where do I get this sticker after I have filled out this form? Is this only for Sherburne? Aren't St. Mary's, Jensen, Ridge, and Chin also SMRID reservoirs?

kouleerunner 05-28-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes_G (Post 3791477)
Where do I get this form? who do I give this form back to? Where do I get this sticker after I have filled out this form? Is this only for Sherburne? Aren't St. Mary's, Jensen, Ridge, and Chin also SMRID reservoirs?

Email me, return it to me, I can send you a sticker. kouleerunner@gmail.com

npauls 06-01-2018 10:27 PM

Lets get this back to the top.

Please let myself or ross know asap if you are planning on coming. We want to make sure we have enough rod combos for the kids and enough food for everyone.

panko 06-02-2018 06:41 AM

Stickers

U can get forms and your sticker at sherburne that morning

kouleerunner 06-02-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panko (Post 3793576)
U can get forms and your sticker at sherburne that morning

Yes, we will have them there for those looking for them.

kouleerunner 06-04-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kouleerunner (Post 3791377)
We are working on getting it on the Grassy Lake Recreation Board website, not there yet. I will post the address when it's live. Email me at kouleerunner@gmail.com and I can set you up.

Thanks Troller,. A lot of people came together to make this work, fishermen and SMRID!

The form for access to Sherburne is now available online at http://www.grassylakerec.ca

Gun+Rod 06-07-2018 02:42 PM

Form

Where do we take the form?

kouleerunner 06-07-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun+Rod (Post 3795761)
Where do we take the form?

Email it back to me

npauls 06-12-2018 05:51 PM

Unfortunately we have to cancel this kids tournament this weekend. There is not enough water to launch bigger boats and the lake they gave us as an option is going to be way to windy to hold a safe kids event.

Please let everyone you know that was planning on going to the event.

Thank you

panko 06-12-2018 06:41 PM

Smrid

Some more mis management by smrid of our irrigation water in southern Alberta
Something is rotten in Denmark as they say if u can’t the levels up in that lake in June
God help us
Last year they put cement blocks in front of the dock which nobody could figure out
Now this year they pulled the plug
Seams like maybe somebody in smrid doesn’t want anyone on there

huntsfurfish 06-12-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panko (Post 3798001)
WTF
Something is rotten in Denmark as they say if u can’t the levels up in that lake in June
God help us
Last year they put cement blocks in front of the dock which nobody could figure out

Really dont need comments like that!

panko 06-12-2018 08:25 PM

Huntsfurfish

U don’t find it strange ?

kouleerunner 06-13-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panko (Post 3798001)
God help us

Allow me to put some of your missconceptions to rest on this subject.

SMRID did not pull any plug. We knew exactly why they put up the blocks, and is a real threat. A director on the board even came to explain this to us. This is a shallow launch, a small fluctuation in water can create issues for launching, users of this water body know this.

This is SMRID property, with SMRID water destined for irrigation. They do what is required for thier operations, and have every right to do what they need to do to supply thier ratepayers with what they need, including protection thier $4billion of infrastructure. They have been fantastic to deal with through the entire process to reopen this launch for recreational purposes. There is no malicious intent here. Period. Irrigators are calling for water in that area, some I even recommend, as such, causes a drop in levels.

As someone who works in the irrigation industry (not for SMRID), and someone who enjoys the recreation opportunities that is provided by SMRID, I thank them for thier cooperation, and the opportunity they provide me for employment in the agriculture industry, and recreational opportunities so close to home.

As much as I love to fish, I prefer to eat, and these farmers are helping to provide food for all of us, employment opportunities, and recreational opportunities. Thank them, do not condem them!

panko 06-13-2018 03:31 PM

Blocks

Oh please tell the rest of us that aren’t in the know why they put blocks up last year.
In the smallest lake in the chain of lakes.

huntsfurfish 06-13-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kouleerunner (Post 3798344)
Allow me to put some of your missconceptions to rest on this subject.

SMRID did not pull any plug. We knew exactly why they put up the blocks, and is a real threat. A director on the board even came to explain this to us. This is a shallow launch, a small fluctuation in water can create issues for launching, users of this water body know this.

This is SMRID property, with SMRID water destined for irrigation. They do what is required for thier operations, and have every right to do what they need to do to supply thier ratepayers with what they need, including protection thier $4billion of infrastructure. They have been fantastic to deal with through the entire process to reopen this launch for recreational purposes. There is no malicious intent here. Period. Irrigators are calling for water in that area, some I even recommend, as such, causes a drop in levels.

As someone who works in the irrigation industry (not for SMRID), and someone who enjoys the recreation opportunities that is provided by SMRID, I thank them for thier cooperation, and the opportunity they provide me for employment in the agriculture industry, and recreational opportunities so close to home.

As much as I love to fish, I prefer to eat, and these farmers are helping to provide food for all of us, employment opportunities, and recreational opportunities. Thank them, do not condem them!

Thanks for posting kouleerunner. And thank you and the others for working to get it opened up.

thenaturalwoodsman 06-13-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntsfurfish (Post 3798406)
Thanks for posting kouleerunner. And thank you and the others for working to get it opened up.

Thanks?? :snapoutofit: Some of you really need to educate yourselves. Instead of posting rediculous comments from the city. You do realize it's Early June and not late August and already there isn't enuff water to put a boat in, on a year where we broke 50 year old snow records. I am not sure if a couple of you won SMRID hats in 1982 at a golf tournament but please educate yourselves or at least quit drinking the Koolaid.

huntsfurfish 06-13-2018 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman (Post 3798428)
Thanks?? :snapoutofit: Some of you really need to educate yourselves. Instead of posting rediculous comments from the city. You do realize it's Early June and not late August and already there isn't enuff water to put a boat in, on a year where we broke 50 year old snow records. I am not sure if a couple of you won SMRID hats in 1982 at a golf tournament but please educate yourselves or at least quit drinking the Koolaid.

Its you that might need the education.:) Were you aware of the trouble with the canal in Taber area? Are you aware of the people that organized the reopening of Sherburne? Are you aware of the priority of water use? I was there helping repair the launch a number of years back and that lake does not have to drop much to make it unusable. However, I am sure SMRID is obligated to do everything in its power to keep you happy. But thanks for posting anyway.

Im done.:)

thenaturalwoodsman 06-14-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntsfurfish (Post 3798577)
Its you that might need the education.:) Were you aware of the trouble with the canal in Taber area? Are you aware of the people that organized the reopening of Sherburne? Are you aware of the priority of water use? I was there helping repair the launch a number of years back and that lake does not have to drop much to make it unusable. However, I am sure SMRID is obligated to do everything in its power to keep you happy. But thanks for posting anyway.

Im done.:)

Oh Boohoo. The reopening? Yah it's early June and already unusable. Last year it was closed on muscle threat, its the 3rd last lake in the system, and no inspections were going on anywhere else at the "manned" campgrounds upstream of this lake, And there still aren't any inspections upstream or down stream of this lake this year. You do get a pretty little SMRID sticker for your boat window but there is no inspection.

Koolaid man.... keep drinking it.

huntsfurfish 06-14-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman (Post 3798627)
Oh Boohoo. The reopening? Yah it's early June and already unusable. Last year it was closed on muscle threat, its the 3rd last lake in the system, and no inspections were going on anywhere else at the "manned" campgrounds upstream of this lake, And there still aren't any inspections upstream or down stream of this lake this year. You do get a pretty little SMRID sticker for your boat window but there is no inspection.

Koolaid man.... keep drinking it.

...:)

thenaturalwoodsman 06-14-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntsfurfish (Post 3798780)
...:)

I knew with 6299 posts you couldn't possibly be Done.

Out of your 6299 posts, post #26 of this thread has got to be your weakest. If it is't you might be better served joining the nearest "Knit And Stitch Club" in your local church basement.

huntsfurfish 06-14-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman (Post 3798850)
I knew with 6299 posts you couldn't possibly be Done.

Out of your 6299 posts, post #26 of this thread has got to be your weakest. If it is't you might be better served joining the nearest "Knit And Stitch Club" in your local church basement.

:)