Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Coho and Chinook fishing with the Girls (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=332162)

Brandonkop 10-25-2017 05:34 PM

Coho and Chinook fishing with the Girls

https://youtu.be/1HKpIJzlwNk

This was a great day out on the ocean with my little family. Can't beat a perfectly calm sunny day fishing for salmon. Does it get any better than this? Cali and Sierra are both starting to enjoy trying to reel in their own fish. Cali beats me to the rod on a release off the down rigger this day and both times she was reeling in fish they ended up being our only two Chinook hooked up. She's got the lucky touch. Unfortunately I lost one by the boat and had to rescue Cali from the 20 pound salmon as it was doing a number on her knuckles. This is the mayhem on board our boat.... Fishing Doc with my three lovely girls.

Up in Port Hardy fishing with Gibbs Delta flashers and spoons. Usually I do pretty well with green and white spoons with some of Mikes herring or anchovy scent stripe on the back of the spoon. We were fishing on the downriggers at about 30 to 50 feet down in 60 to 120 feet of water. Trolling speed about 2 to 2.8 mph. Hope you enjoy.

I see more and more guys from Alberta out there. Must be all of Serengetti's amazing pics. Only thing is they don't fish within range of most Alberta style boats. But there is still great fishing within 5 to 10 miles.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

CMichaud 10-25-2017 07:18 PM

That last fish was a beut.

So jealous!!!!

Serengeti Charters 10-25-2017 08:50 PM

Beauty, nothing beats fishing with the family! :)

TROLLER 10-26-2017 09:47 AM

Great video as usual but why no PFD's on the kids?

Brandonkop 10-27-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMichaud (Post 3652029)
That last fish was a beut. So jealous!!!!

Thanks. Yeah it was bigger than I even thought in the video haha. Love when that happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters (Post 3652106)
Beauty, nothing beats fishing with the family! :)

For sure, priceless. I don't even care if they land them. I am glad they are getting into it and wanting to crank them in. Creating fishing partners for life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLLER (Post 3652388)
Great video as usual but why no PFD's on the kids?

Well if you've missed the past discussions, basically it comes down to our discretion since it's not a law. Its scares me more when the kids are playing in playgrounds and in the boat on the trailer.

iYearn 10-27-2017 07:29 AM

Awesome video Brandon.

You have defined heaven: fishing, nice scenery, snacks, whales...and girls that fish!!

And everyone was having a wonderful time....great job.

Kingfisher 11-01-2017 04:38 PM

Brandon that is a great video. Those girls look like they are having a blast. It's great to see the kids out fishing.

How are you liking the bigger boat? Looks like much more room than the old blue one.

dodger 11-02-2017 05:25 AM

:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout: Awesome !!

Dodger.

Brandonkop 11-05-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingfisher (Post 3657375)
Brandon that is a great video. Those girls look like they are having a blast. It's great to see the kids out fishing.

How are you liking the bigger boat? Looks like much more room than the old blue one.

Yeah Kingfisher this boat is great. Handles some crazy big water no problem and if my motor would work I could go where ever I pleased. I think I need to repower the thing. Too many alarms buzzing all the time with that Mercury Optimax.

Still have to old spectrum to drag around to the lakes and on the gravel without worrying much. Nice to have the beater boat. Sure I don't look as good as the guys in their new shiny boats... but we're all catching fish!