Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   C-21 updated (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=419726)

antmai 02-03-2023 08:17 AM

CBC reported that bill C21 is withdrawn

Not a bad way to start off the day!
But…
Vote manipulation?

Ebrand 02-03-2023 08:21 AM

Only parts are withdrawn.

Some of the newer amendments are withdrawn.

C-21 still exists.

We need to keep the pressure on and vote those idiots out ASAP.

They will re word it and try to ram it through again. Fast.
Nothing is more persistent a than a Liberal with a dumb idea.

bat119 02-03-2023 08:29 AM

Ottawa withdraws controversial amendments to firearms law

The Liberal government has withdrawn a series of controversial amendments to pending firearms legislation, C-21 — changes that some firearms owners say would have unfairly targeted hunters and farmers.

Liberal MP Taleeb Noormohamed said Friday the government would scrap a clause that would have effectively banned any rifle or shotgun that could potentially accept a magazine with more than five rounds, whether or not it actually has such a magazine.

The government is also withdrawing a list of guns that would have been classified as "prohibited" firearms.

The government had intended to ban long guns that generate more than 10,000 joules of energy, or guns with a muzzle wider than 20 millimetres — two rules that would have rendered many firearms illegal.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...ents-1.6735828

Still a long way to

antmai 02-03-2023 09:06 AM

I suppose that I was naive to think that it was fully pulled!
Ha! They got me!

oldgutpile 02-03-2023 09:07 AM

C-21 updated

Liberals have just announced that the amendments G4 and G46 have been withdrawn from the bill.
As much as this is GOOD news, I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of their game plan all along. Everyone is supposed to be elated that these utterly stupid amendments are gone, and we'll see how wonderful the Libs are for removing the controversial issues! Guaranteed the rest of their ban on "assault" scary type weapons will sail through the senate.

elkhunter11 02-03-2023 09:27 AM

Exactly, they ban more firearms , for no reason other than virtue signaling, but it goes through, because they didn't ban even more firearms, at this time.

Pathfinder76 02-03-2023 09:30 AM

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...ents-1.6735828

Pathfinder76 02-03-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgutpile (Post 4606768)
Liberals have just announced that the amendments G4 and G46 have been withdrawn from the bill.
As much as this is GOOD news, I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of their game plan all along. Everyone is supposed to be elated that these utterly stupid amendments are gone, and we'll see how wonderful the Libs are for removing the controversial issues! Guaranteed the rest of their ban on "assault" scary type weapons will sail through the senate.

JT is in trouble and he knows it.

jef612 02-03-2023 09:42 AM

Just the amendment was withdrawn today
Handgun ban C21 still in place and proceeding through the leg as originally written.

Preaching to the choir here but this will be back. It is not gone.

Big Grey Wolf 02-03-2023 09:55 AM

Bill c21

Good to see we have just won a small battle in the Gun war. However positive is the Turd had over stepped his Ban Gun zeal and been caught in his game. I like Pierre's point on TV this morning "Trudeau now walking away with his tail between his legs"

Ackleyman 02-03-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf (Post 4606799)
Good to see we have just won a small battle in the Gun war. However positive is the Turd had over stepped his Ban Gun zeal and been caught in his game. I like Pierre's point on TV this morning "Trudeau now walking away with his tail between his legs"

:happy0180: And he can keep walking , off a cliff.

pgavey 02-03-2023 10:12 AM

Just reading this morning they plan on banning antiques, canons, etc
So that probably include antique HANDGUNS I guess the general term handgun would include pre 1898 What do u think?

hogie 02-03-2023 10:15 AM

They went too far the last minute. With no research as to what they were doing as usual. They are not done trying to get those through another way. Election wedge issue that will do nothing to stop gun crime. Had they put those in the first place NDP would have supported. Luckily the Butt- Master is still safe from being banned.

Bigwoodsman 02-03-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgavey (Post 4606806)
So that probably include antique HANDGUNS I guess the general term handgun would include pre 1898 What do u think?

How many mass murders have we endured using antique cannons?

BW

huntinstuff 02-03-2023 10:22 AM

Dont get all excited over it

It's like terrorists cutting off your hand and telling you they are cutting off the other.....then changing their mind......

Should you be grateful?

Personally, Id use my remaining hand to cut off their heads

guysmiley 02-03-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgavey (Post 4606806)

Where did you read that?

oldgutpile 02-03-2023 10:36 AM

C-21

ONLY the amendments have been withdrawn.
C-21 itself will likely still pass the senate under the left coalition.

I do this trick all the time. Show my wife a pair of 3000.00 Swarovski bino's and then get consent for the 500.00 pair of Vortex that I really wanted.
Look like a hero for saving money.

Twisted Canuck 02-03-2023 10:44 AM

This is not a win. The Bill will go through now, and the October OIC banning sale and transfer of handguns, still in effect, May 2020 OIC banning 'assault style rifles' still in effect.

Just more bait and switch, Conservatives calling a win, and we didn't win a damn thing.

But lots of gun owners sure got fooled apparently. Thinking this is some kind of a win because their hunting rifles and shotguns are 'SAFE' now. What a joke.

waldedw 02-03-2023 10:45 AM

The liberals will never give up trying to take away our freedoms and liberties, it's not in their making, a Narcissist dose not know the meaning of the word retreat or withdraw or I was wrong.

We have only 1 way of gaining real ground on defeating C21 and that is to remove him and his NDP backers from office, that would be a victory that would be worth talking about and celebrating.

DirtShooter 02-03-2023 10:48 AM

Well a lot of guns are still banned so this isn't much to celebrate IMO. I guess if you're worried about pappy's duck gun then pop a bottle but I still have guns in the safe I can't use.

Dick284 02-03-2023 11:02 AM

It’s like raising your taxes 15% then giving you a $50 relief cheque.

The boot is still on our throats as they say, they’ve just moved from the flat of the sole to the heel.

Pathfinder76 02-03-2023 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgutpile (Post 4606824)
ONLY the amendments have been withdrawn.
C-21 itself will likely still pass the senate under the left coalition.

I do this trick all the time. Show my wife a pair of 3000.00 Swarovski bino's and then get consent for the 500.00 pair of Vortex that I really wanted.
Look like a hero for saving money.

Yes, that is exactly the premise of this thread. Why are we trying to say there was anything else inferred?

TheIceTitan 02-03-2023 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jef612 (Post 4606792)
Just the amendment was withdrawn today
Handgun ban C21 still in place and proceeding through the leg as originally written.

Preaching to the choir here but this will be back. It is not gone.

They will just wait for something to happen in the US before trying again...

burbotman 02-03-2023 02:47 PM

Not celebrating, and yes this is likely part of the plan to make the rest of the pill easier to swallow, but this announcement is better than the alternative.

Twisted Canuck 02-03-2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burbotman (Post 4606897)
Not celebrating, and yes this is likely part of the plan to make the rest of the pill easier to swallow, but this announcement is better than the alternative.

Not really. Personally, I want them to ram through legislation to ban *ALL* firearms. Every damn one of them.

Then we can all be criminals together, for doing precisely nothing, other then owning a firearm.

When we are all criminals for ownership, maybe people will wake up and realize this can apply to anything (just wait until all the internal combustion engines are banned, and outlawed, and you have to scrap them with no compensation, sorry about your 1970 Roadrunner).

Canadians either need to figure this out, or learn to like the flavor and texture of crickets, and living in a warehouse with 5000 other cucks, in their 15 minute city. To extrapolate to the extreme.

32-40win 02-03-2023 03:27 PM

Well, now we're back to seeing what comes of the court cases, they are still just as important as they ever were, don't forget about them anyway. They will try something else, just a matter of time, it is on their side. We can add it to the record of what's been done since 2018, and wait and see when and where the stick appears next. If they can use more OIC's, they will.

burbotman 02-03-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4606910)
Not really. Personally, I want them to ram through legislation to ban *ALL* firearms. Every damn one of them.

Then we can all be criminals together, for doing precisely nothing, other then owning a firearm.

When we are all criminals for ownership, maybe people will wake up and realize this can apply to anything (just wait until all the internal combustion engines are banned, and outlawed, and you have to scrap them with no compensation, sorry about your 1970 Roadrunner).

Canadians either need to figure this out, or learn to like the flavor and texture of crickets, and living in a warehouse with 5000 other cucks, in their 15 minute city. To extrapolate to the extreme.

Your perspective, fair enough.

Scott N 02-03-2023 06:42 PM

I hope the entire bill blows up in The Turd's Blackface.

crazy_davey 02-03-2023 11:59 PM

What a joke this is. My sig line is correct. Watching the media and speaking with a few folks, better half included. I can’t believe people fall for these stupid media written headlines.

Dropping the amendments means nothing, C21 is still on the table. This joke is just a tiniest, minute step in the right direction. It still means nothing but yet people are falling for it head first without reading past the headlines.

I guess that is exactly what the liberals wanted by doing this little joke.

:angry3:

elkhunter11 02-04-2023 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy_davey (Post 4607053)
What a joke this is. My sig line is correct. Watching the media and speaking with a few folks, better half included. I can’t believe people fall for these stupid media written headlines.

Dropping the amendments means nothing, C21 is still on the table. This joke is just a tiniest, minute step in the right direction. It still means nothing but yet people are falling for it head first without reading past the headlines.

I guess that is exactly what the liberals wanted by doing this little joke.

:angry3:

Many people are gullible, that is why owning the media is so important.