Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fishing with scenery (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=325391)

azn_rice_man 07-13-2017 04:08 PM

Fishing with scenery

First off, let me start with saying I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes. If you're generous enough to share, I'd happily accept PM's but that's not my point of posting.

Now then, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there exists any fishing spots to target walleye, pike, or sturgeon which also has some great scenery? A buddy of mine isn't much of an angler but will come out if the there's good scenery. He prefers the mountain but trout aren't my top priority. Trying to find a place where we can go relax for a boys' weekend.

Dewey Cox 07-13-2017 04:37 PM

Tolman bridge.

Talking moose 07-13-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey Cox (Post 3582910)
Tolman bridge.

X2 or Mckenzie crossing, drumheller area, anywhere along the red deer river from Stettler on past drumheller. Badlands.

TylerThomson 07-13-2017 05:41 PM

Any lake north of Edmonton

Spidey 07-13-2017 06:21 PM

This might be a bit of a drive for you, but Talbot lake just east of Jasper has (or had a few years ago) decent pike in it with nice mountain backdrop. And depending on the time of year, the water can be so clear that you can sight fish. You'd definitely need a canoe or tinner - shore fishing would be difficult there. There's nice camping (Snaring River Campground) nearby where Snaring River meets the Athabasca River.

Talking moose 07-13-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 3582976)
This might be a bit of a drive for you, but Talbot lake just east of Jasper has (or had a few years ago) decent pike in it with nice mountain backdrop. And depending on the time of year, the water can be so clear that you can sight fish. You'd definitely need a canoe or tinner - shore fishing would be difficult there. There's nice camping (Snaring River Campground) nearby where Snaring River meets the Athabasca River.

And a bonus is the talbot lake bull elk.... 350" plus bull elk for viewing.

JohninAB 07-13-2017 06:27 PM

Pembina River Provincial Park on a hot day! 58 inch of skate lace never looked so good on the tubers! LOL

Talking Moose, easy!

azn_rice_man 07-13-2017 09:41 PM

Thanks all, I'll look into those options!

cube 07-14-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azn_rice_man (Post 3582897)
First off, let me start with saying I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes. If you're generous enough to share, I'd happily accept PM's but that's not my point of posting.

Now then, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there exists any fishing spots to target walleye, pike, or sturgeon which also has some great scenery? A buddy of mine isn't much of an angler but will come out if the there's good scenery. He prefers the mountain but trout aren't my top priority. Trying to find a place where we can go relax for a boys' weekend.

Jarvis Lake might work for you.

azn_rice_man 07-14-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cube (Post 3583411)
Jarvis Lake might work for you.

Looks like a good area! I'll have to check it out! Thanks!