Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ft. sask trout pond update (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=131170)

waterninja 04-26-2012 04:01 PM

ft. sask trout pond update

just talked to ft.sask engineering dept. they were very helpfull and are quite proud of there new park (WEST RIVERS EDGE)
the pond is 22 feet deep
it is being aeraeted temp. right now and will have a permenant system installed this year
people have caught bows this spring so they did over-winter
i plan on checking it out this weekend. never been there so don't have directions. i'll also check out the nsr which is quite close.

Paul C 04-26-2012 04:23 PM

Thx.....

Thx for going the extra mile to help others.

tonypower 04-26-2012 06:53 PM

So it's open for fishing? If you could post some directions that would be great. Thanks for the update!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Alberta Bigbore 04-26-2012 08:48 PM

Right on! Lets hope it grows some big fish.

Geezle 04-26-2012 09:11 PM

Very interesting to hear that it's going to be aerated :cool:

twytter 04-26-2012 09:22 PM

where is that pond

ReconWilly 04-26-2012 09:23 PM

More fish filled water = more fishing opportunities!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 04-26-2012 11:58 PM

Come in on Hwy 21 Take a Left at the lights on the highway at the Husky coming into town , Get into your right lane . Then you will come to a T intersection , Turn right and you will go thru a park make sure you do 30 thru there because the RCMP and ByLAw love catching speeders in there , I think everything I go to that intersection somesones pulled over . Anyway Go thru the park until you come to a sign that shows a Boat launch sign , Turn right , then follow the road down .

I in fact encourage all the weekend warriors to go there who would usually fish the river , far better chance at catching a keeper fish , and great for families , no hookers , or druggies , or bratty kids with pellet guns .

Ill further take it one more step and give you a google map

But you cant come bug us down at the river , Deal . DEAL .

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=AB-...p=5&sz=17&z=17

EP2 04-27-2012 09:53 AM

To add more info: that is roughly 7.5m for us living in Canada ;)

Last summer 1000 20cm trout were thrown in. Likely the same this year before the end of May.

Straight from F&W.

tonypower 04-27-2012 10:23 AM

Is it ice free yet? I need somewhere to to test out my new modified inflatable boat. Thanks for the directions BBJ.

Geezle 04-27-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonypower (Post 1413501)
Is it ice free yet? I need somewhere to to test out my new modified inflatable boat. Thanks for the directions BBJ.

I haven't been down there, but it should be...All the ponds at Hermitage have been ice free for at least a week :)

tysonlazo2 04-27-2012 10:30 AM

So it open to fishing right i might head down there one of these days if it is and try and luck and are u aloud boats on with electric motors ?

discostew 04-27-2012 10:53 AM

I drove down by the pond yesterday and all the ice was off!

tysonlazo2 04-27-2012 12:35 PM

so could some one please tell me one ist here fish 2 are u aloud a boat and 3 if u are aloud a boat are u aloud any type of engine ?
i would be very great full if some 1 replied

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 04-27-2012 01:04 PM

Its been Ice free for 3 or so weeks . as for a boat maybe a dingy but its not a very big body of water I could quite easily cast across it if I wanted to .

Nickote316 04-27-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN (Post 1413725)
Its been Ice free for 3 or so weeks . as for a boat maybe a dingy but its not a very big body of water I could quite easily cast across it if I wanted to .

Well that depends on which way you're casting ;)

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 04-27-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickote316 (Post 1413747)
Well that depends on which way you're casting ;)

I dont know LOL but I can cast 200 feet without much effort . Only reason I know is because of my line counter .

AxeMan 04-27-2012 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN (Post 1413725)

Nope, John your information is wrong. I was with Paul when he took the following picture 12 days ago on April 15 and it was still covered in ice and had a ways to go from being open water then. That is a long ways from 3 weeks. I would say the ice has been off for about a week.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 04-27-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxeMan (Post 1413815)
Nope, John your information is wrong. I was with Paul when he took the following picture 12 days ago on April 15 and it was still covered in ice and had a ways to go from being open water then. That is a long ways from 3 weeks. I would say the ice has been off for about a week.

hummm I was down there The 11 th and there was open water . there were two fellas fishing .

AxeMan 04-27-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN (Post 1413843)
hummm I was down there The 11 th and there was open water . there were two fellas fishing .

I call bs. The pic in my post was taken on April 15. Both I and PaulC can confirm that and so could the date on the pic if you want. I drove there in my new Jeep after talking to Jay and Andy at the river location minutes earlier that day. Check with them if you don't believe me.

Actually Paul posted that pic on the other thread on that the 15th as well.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=129621
post 17

Paul C 04-27-2012 03:04 PM

Fact not Fiction

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxeMan (Post 1413870)
I call bs. The pic in my post was taken on April 15. Both I and PaulC can confirm that and so could the date on the pic if you want. I drove there in my new Jeep after talking to Jay and Andy at the river location minutes earlier that day. Check with them if you don't believe me.

Actually Paul posted that pic on the other thread on that the 15th as well.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=129621
post 17

X2.. Axeman was standing beside me on the new deck while I took the photo with a wide angle lense. The photo properties show the photo was taken April 15, 2012 at 2:27 p.m. 14:27 hrs. The ice is white and that means it has a long way to go to be melted. I also took a photo of Sureshot trying to blow himself up trying to get a warm fire going while trying to slay some river rats around all of the free flowing ice chunks on the NSR.

DMCK 04-27-2012 08:12 PM

went by today, some kids were fishing. BBJ, thats one hell of a cast, the pond is bigger than I thought. Will have to get my new licence tomorrow, flycasting over water beats the backyard practice.
Dave

lund17 04-27-2012 09:12 PM

Does anyone know who is looking after the pond and area around? Or who is responsible for enforcement? I live in the Fort and love the idea of having it but want to claify some rules about accessing it. I do know this pond is located in a wetlands/conversation area but was down there last weekend and guess what I see. Three trucks have driven off the parking lot and down the hill to park right beside the pond. There are fences all the down to the river on both sides but in the parking lot area in front of the rec center is not finished yet and these guys drove right through it. Really don't want to call RAP or RCMP yet as I think the general public just does not know.

EP2 04-28-2012 08:17 AM

Bylaw for the park likely. No signs regarding boats. If I still lived in town, I'd be playing the ignorance card.

Who is gonna give it a try?

Geezle 04-28-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul C (Post 1413910)
X2.. Axeman was standing beside me on the new deck while I took the photo with a wide angle lense. The photo properties show the photo was taken April 15, 2012 at 2:27 p.m. 14:27 hrs. The ice is white and that means it has a long way to go to be melted. I also took a photo of Sureshot trying to blow himself up trying to get a warm fire going while trying to slay some river rats around all of the free flowing ice chunks on the NSR.

Bwahahaha! Good times :lol:

At least sureshot didn't blow himself up :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Alberta Bigbore 04-28-2012 09:27 PM

This thread gets two thumbs up... If BBJ can cast across that pond ill buy him a case of real beer. Assuming a conventional trout fishing set up? Or is BBJ talking about aa catfish rod and casting reel, that has a pound of lead tied at the other end? lol

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a.../3thumbsup.jpghttp://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a.../3thumbsup.jpg

diamond k 04-28-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxeMan (Post 1413815)

I was there on the 17th and still had ice.maybe the first ten feet was open.

I can tell you one thing it sure seems further than 200 feet across. I call BS on casting across. :snapoutofit:

TyreeUM 04-28-2012 10:24 PM

that looks like it would be one heck of a cast!

tysonlazo2 04-28-2012 10:56 PM

in my days we dident cast we threw the hook xD haha

Geezle 04-29-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore (Post 1415722)
This thread gets two thumbs up... If BBJ can cast across that pond ill buy him a case of real beer. Assuming a conventional trout fishing set up? Or is BBJ talking about aa catfish rod and casting reel, that has a pound of lead tied at the other end? lol

[IMG]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/3thumbsup.jpg/IMG][IMG]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/3thumbsup.jpg/IMG]

Touché :sHa_sarcasticlol: