Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   August 24, 2013. 21st Annual Rifle Rodeo (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=184275)

Dick284 07-08-2013 05:46 PM

August 24, 2013. 21st Annual Rifle Rodeo

At the Evergreen Shooting Club, near Drayton Valley.
Gates at 7:00
Shooting starts at 8:00
8 different targets:
Partridge heads
Gophers
Rabbit
Weak side head on deer
Pop up bear
Running deer
Pop up elk
Coyote

Alberta legal big game rifle, any types of sights.

3 shots per target.
Field positions only, no rests, bipods or slings.

$25.00 entry fee
$10.00 for the BBQ afterwards

Range is located on the east side of the NSR from DV.
From HWY 22, south of HWY 39(3.5miles), take TWP RD 484 west to RR 71, turn North and take TWP RD 484A into the river valley.

Hope to see a lot of our AO membership there.

40 shooters max, pay up front to reserve a spot.

Lefty-Canuck 07-08-2013 05:51 PM

Planning on being there to defend my title as the "coyote slaying machine" :). This year I won't let it get to a shoot off :)

If you have never been to something like this I strongly recommend you consider it! Great fun, great folks, lots of laughs....list goes on.

Last year was my first year going and it is a real blast....literally!

LC

FallAirFever 07-08-2013 06:37 PM

Maybe this is the year I make it to this I know it would be great for me and my son. I have heard a great group usually shows up.

Dick is there a youth category? What is there for camping??

Dick284 07-08-2013 06:44 PM

Youths get a break in that there are no time constraints, and they get to shoot any of the standing positions as kneeling.
We do recognize the top youth shooter.

roger 07-09-2013 06:25 AM

wow its already,
folks...if you have never been to one you should go.

1000yards 07-09-2013 10:26 AM

Sounds like excuse I've been waiting for to buy a gun in something larger than .223!!
Don't expect I would do all that well, but sure sounds like fun!

Dick284 07-14-2013 07:32 AM

So far 1 member along with his son have signed up.:scared:

I thought with all the banter and story telling that goes on around these parts, getting 40 people to sign up would have been a slam dunk?!:thinking-006:

Dick284 07-14-2013 09:55 AM

Well the wake up call was justifiably needed!
Looks like the first 21 or so slots are filled!

Dick284 07-14-2013 12:13 PM

29 spots spoken for!

Bushrat 07-14-2013 02:04 PM

Going to miss it again this year Dick, got to take my mother back to the airport that Saturday.

sdeviation 07-14-2013 03:32 PM

Im out this year
be in the mountains,, opener is the 25th
sorry...:(

gitrdun 07-14-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2032628)
Planning on being there to defend my title as the "coyote slaying machine" :). This year I won't let it get to a shoot off :)

If you have never been to something like this I strongly recommend you consider it! Great fun, great folks, lots of laughs....list goes on.

Last year was my first year going and it is a real blast....literally!

LC

Hah, right, It won't be that easy buddy. I'm in. :sHa_shakeshout:

Lefty-Canuck 07-14-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gitrdun (Post 2039754)
Hah, right, It won't be that easy buddy. I'm in. :sHa_shakeshout:

I am not afraid....your reduced loads will shoot like rainbows :)

LC :)

gitrdun 07-14-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2039775)
I am not afraid....your reduced loads will shoot like rainbows :)

LC :)

My reduced loads will slay you buddy....my sights are on Dick. I look forward to camping and having some fun with you again bud. It's a mountain of fun to issue personal challenges, such as this. At the end of the day, no matter the outcome, we all come out as winners. You gonna camp out this year lefty?

Hogie135 07-14-2013 05:45 PM

Ill be there with my 12 year old daughter. Looking forward to it. I went to the ponolka shoot last year and would have come in second if it weren't for me having to leave early.

Dick284 07-14-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gitrdun (Post 2039782)
My reduced loads will slay you buddy....my sights are on Dick. I look forward to camping and having some fun with you again bud. It's a mountain of fun to issue personal challenges, such as this. At the end of the day, no matter the outcome, we all come out as winners. You gonna camp out this year lefty?

Dick is pontificating, and officiating this year.

Dick284 07-14-2013 05:55 PM

Only 9 spots left!

I will be away from computer access from the 17th to 25th,
I'll ask for someone to take over entries in my absence.

Left Canuck has graciously offered to take entries while I'm gone.

gitrdun 07-14-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick284 (Post 2039822)
Dick is pontificating, and officiating this year.

Maybe, then I might have a chance at the buckle. Somehow it don't feel right. Ok, so duceman and lefty are my targets. You're on, come and get slayed. :fighting0074:

Dick284 07-14-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gitrdun (Post 2039852)
Maybe, then I might have a chance at the buckle. Somehow it don't feel right. Ok, so duceman and lefty are my targets. You're on, come and get slayed. :fighting0074:

Trash talk will get you...............

Dick284 07-14-2013 07:18 PM

34 entries filled!

Lefty-Canuck 07-14-2013 07:19 PM

Going to be a good time if you are waffling on coming you had better decide soon.

LC

gitrdun 07-14-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick284 (Post 2039858)
Trash talk will get you...............

makes it happen though.

FallAirFever 07-15-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2039934)
Going to be a good time if you are waffling on coming you had better decide soon.

LC

Well this pushed me over the edge, I have been a said waffler, but I just sent Dick a PM and put myself and my son in. I have heard how great of an event this is and look forward to my son seeing some great shooters and maybe getting a few tips!

What is the story on camping, not too sure if I will bring my trailer or just toss the tent in the truck and spend a night roughing it with the boy.

Looking forward to it, man am I glad I brought my rifle on this road trip, gonna need all the practice I can get!

My money is on the "yappy" guy with the rainbow bullets, I love that guy!!

Lefty-Canuck 07-15-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallAirFever (Post 2040410)
Well this pushed me over the edge, I have been a said waffler, but I just sent Dick a PM and put myself and my son in. I have heard how great of an event this is and look forward to my son seeing some great shooters and maybe getting a few tips!

That is great! Last year was my first year and it is a great time

What is the story on camping, not too sure if I will bring my trailer or just toss the tent in the truck and spend a night roughing it with the boy.

Dick would know better but last year a bunch of folks camped just outside the gates, I do not think there is power there but for trailers and tents there is a fair bit of room

Looking forward to it, man am I glad I brought my rifle on this road trip, gonna need all the practice I can get!

yah I hear he has to wear a shoulder pad and he has a pink limbsaver pad on his girly gun to shoot the reduced loads too....:)

See you there FAF looking forward to meeting you and some other AO members who I haven't before.....looks like a huge AO presence will be attending.

LC

Dick284 07-15-2013 06:03 AM

38/40 spots filled!

Camping is right outside the range gate.
Trailers or tents, it don't matter.

Backwoods Runner 07-15-2013 03:53 PM

Had a year to rest up so we are in for sure. Might have to camp under the stars though.

Lefty-Canuck 07-15-2013 11:51 PM

2 spots left.....once those fill then we will take reserve names in case some folks in the first 40 are unable to attend.

I will be taking enrolment/reserve list in his absence.....first come first on the list.

LC

gitrdun 07-18-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallAirFever (Post 2040410)

Hey FaF, great bud to see you there. Looking forward to seeing you and your son. You will all enjoy this gathering. :)

damienelliott 07-18-2013 12:17 AM

looking forward to it

Myself and the missus will be attending this shoot. never been at one but I look forward to meeting some members and having a blast. I will add that I am leaving from red deer. if anybody needs a ride for would like to car pool I can fit 3 others preferably others that know how to get there lol.

FallAirFever 07-18-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gitrdun (Post 2044361)
Hey FaF, great bud to see you there. Looking forward to seeing you and your son. You will all enjoy this gathering. :)

I am really looking forward to catching up! Silly that we have to drive to DV to make that happen.

Glad to hear there are going to be other first timers there as well as some veterans to show us the ropes and hopefully pass on some expertise.
It will be great to meet some more AO'ers!