Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Would you like to see a new "Ice Fishing" sub-forum? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=315488)

Mr Rogi 02-19-2017 06:36 PM

Would you like to see a new "Ice Fishing" sub-forum?

Do you think it would be a good idea to split the fishing forum into two?

One sub-forum for regular fishing, and one sub-forum for ice fishing?

What do AOers think?

SamSteele 02-19-2017 06:39 PM

I don't think it's really necessary personally. The season kind of splits it up naturally and I haven't found the Fishing forum to be so active that things get shuffled down really quick.

Just my two cents.

SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dewey Cox 02-19-2017 06:39 PM

The fishing forum is an icefishing forum in the winter.
And in the summer no one talks about icefishing anyway.
I don't see any benefit to splitting the fishing forum again.

Scott N 02-19-2017 06:44 PM

no need in my opinion.

58thecat 02-19-2017 06:48 PM

Nope,
Then a spring, summer, fall and winter sub forum...stop the madness:)

last minute 02-19-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Rogi (Post 3476128)

What do AOers think?

NO way what for ??? there is nothing to gain by that :thinking-006:

BobNewton 02-19-2017 08:13 PM

See no reason for it.

Selkirk 02-19-2017 08:24 PM

Good Try!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Rogi (Post 3476128)

What do AOers think?

Well, the results are in on your poll, and it doesn't look good. Plus I'm sure the Mods would never agree to it anyway ... they've got enough 'cat herds' to deal with already. ;)

Don't let this discourage you, though. Keep on participating in these forums. :happy0034:

See you on the flip side,

Mac

huntsfurfish 02-19-2017 09:21 PM

No need.

Pixel Shooter 02-19-2017 10:03 PM

Agree with others. Not needed imo

catnthehat 02-19-2017 10:05 PM

See above.:)
Cat

lilsundance 02-19-2017 10:13 PM

Not needed at all. Fishing Forum takes in all of it. As a rule no one talks about open water fishing in winter or ice fishing in Summer.

Elchinodiablo 02-19-2017 10:42 PM

No

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Tom Pullings 02-19-2017 11:26 PM

That would just complicate things.

Angler 02-19-2017 11:32 PM

86% including myself voted NO
Glad it ain't happening!

WayneChristie 02-19-2017 11:43 PM

no need, we tend to follow the season anyways, and the odd off season post just keeps it from getting stale

does it ALL outdoors 02-20-2017 12:01 AM

No need

Not many people talkin boats in January or augers in July

owlhoot 02-20-2017 06:29 AM

Not required At All

SNAPFisher 02-20-2017 01:21 PM

And another "no need". The other sites that have done this before just end up with forums that are quiet for a part of year until that season comes around. Everything is just fine here and they do a good job :)

If it ain't broke...

RLT 02-20-2017 04:41 PM

No need

108mike 02-20-2017 04:51 PM

In my option don't see the necessity only do 1 or the other

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Rogi 02-20-2017 09:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

I want to thank everyone that has voted on the question I asked last night. I specially want to thank those of you that gave a reason/opinion for how you voted. Simply saying "no need" doesn't really add much to the discussion.

If you look at the Fly Fishing forum people post all year round. I think that is because they have a place to do so, and there are no unwritten rules about what you are allowed to talk about, or not depending on which month it is. I think that if there was a separate fishing and ice fishing forum people would be discussing both types of fishing year round as well. I think that it would also make it easier for someone new to the sport, like myself, to do research on the type of fishing that they're interested in without having to go back fifty pages to find the right season (yes, my finger does hurt from all the clicking).

I would also like you to notice that 31 people have voted yes for a split, but not one person who voted yes has left a comment. I think that is because they don't want to put up with snarky replies that are posted on here by some people. This forum is supposed to be about being able to discuss the great sport of fishing, and if people don't feel comfortable doing that on Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum, then where can they?

catnthehat 02-20-2017 09:49 PM

Many of those fly fishermen are fishing danged near all year long as well
Cst

huntsfurfish 02-20-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Rogi (Post 3477132)
Hello Everyone,

I want to thank everyone that has voted on the question I asked last night. I specially want to thank those of you that gave a reason/opinion for how you voted. Simply saying "no need" doesn't really add much to the discussion.

If you look at the Fly Fishing forum people post all year round. I think that is because they have a place to do so, and there are no unwritten rules about what you are allowed to talk about, or not depending on which month it is. I think that if there was a separate fishing and ice fishing forum people would be discussing both types of fishing year round as well. I think that it would also make it easier for someone new to the sport, like myself, to do research on the type of fishing that they're interested in without having to go back fifty pages to find the right season (yes, my finger does hurt from all the clicking).

I would also like you to notice that 31 people have voted yes for a split, but not one person who voted yes has left a comment. I think that is because they don't want to put up with snarky replies that are posted on here by some people. This forum is supposed to be about being able to discuss the great sport of fishing, and if people don't feel comfortable doing that on Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum, then where can they?

All you have to do is check out an ice fishing forum to see how active they are in the off season. They are pretty much Dead, d e d I tell ya.
On here, search function is your friend if you are looking for specifics.
Sorry for the snarky reply.:);)

SamSteele 02-21-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 3477135)
Many of those fly fishermen are fishing danged near all year long as well

Cst

And they tie during the winter if they can't find open water to boot!

SS

SNAPFisher 02-21-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamSteele (Post 3477384)
And they tie during the winter if they can't find open water to boot!

SS

Yes, and exchange flies! I think the fly fishing forum has really worked well on here. I had my doubt at first but I'm impressed. Once again, great job by AO admins and mods. And I'm not sucking up either.

SNAPFisher 02-21-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntsfurfish (Post 3477155)
All you have to do is check out an ice fishing forum to see how active they are in the off season. They are pretty much Dead, d e d I tell ya.
On here, search function is your friend if you are looking for specifics.
Sorry for the snarky reply.:);)

X2

SNAPFisher 02-21-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Rogi (Post 3477132)

No, I think it is because it is a poll and it is easier to click Yes or No. Just because it is going largely in favor of not having one, no need to take it another direction now. Not being "snarky" either.

Poppa 02-21-2017 02:06 PM

I'm definitely in favour. I like breaking things up into sub-forums. I'm on a couple different Manitoba fishing forums that are broken up nicely. Would be a good fit here, but in true Alberta fashion (ha ha) people can't ever change anything ever...

1bluZebec 02-21-2017 02:10 PM

Good the way it is[emoji1]