Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   N.S.R questions? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=128155)

#1younggun 04-04-2012 11:33 AM

N.S.R questions?
 
I have never fished the N.S.R befor but seeing as it's like a 10 min walk from my house I think I'm going to try it. I was just wondering what works good, when's the best time of year, and what I might be able to hook into? Im from the rocky mountain house area if this matters for the type of fish?

Thanks.

pike_king780 04-04-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1younggun (Post 1377674)
I have never fished the N.S.R befor but seeing as it's like a 10 min walk from my house I think I'm going to try it. I was just wondering what works good, when's the best time of year, and what I might be able to hook into? Im from the rocky mountain house area if this matters for the type of fish?

Thanks.


This is probably the 10th thread asking about the nsr in the past month, yes it holds good fish, walleye, pike, mooneye suckers sturgeon etc... Bait or curly tsaled jigs or almost snything you use will catch them. Go out and experiment andsee what works for you. ( For better answers search back and read allll the other threads on the nsr, good info there)

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 04-04-2012 06:51 PM

The north Saskatchewan has to offer a lot of fantastic fishing .

Lefty-Canuck 04-04-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1younggun (Post 1377674)
I have never fished the N.S.R befor but seeing as it's like a 10 min walk from my house I think I'm going to try it. I was just wondering what works good, when's the best time of year, and what I might be able to hook into? Im from the rocky mountain house area if this matters for the type of fish?

Thanks.

Send a PM to BGSH.....he likely spends more time there than anyone and he will pass on his knowledge to you.

LC

fallen1817 04-04-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1younggun (Post 1377674)
Im from the rocky mountain house area if this matters for the type of fish?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN (Post 1378289)
The north Saskatchewan has to offer a lot of fantastic fishing .


And the fish dont discriminate depending on where you are from!

:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:

FishAb 04-17-2014 07:56 PM

Pm me

fish gunner 04-17-2014 07:58 PM

Look at the date on the thread. Lol good effort.

RavYak 04-17-2014 07:59 PM

This thread is 2 years old... :budo:

ineptflux 04-17-2014 09:34 PM

NSR winter killed :(

selanne88 04-18-2014 06:48 PM

The NSR in that area is an excellent fishery downstream of Rocky. There are good numbers of Brown Trout, Pike, Walleye, Brook Trout, Mountain Whitefish the odd Bull Trout, Sauer and Goldeye. You need to find back waters, eddies and mouths of other streams flowing in. Can be a very productive river when water clarity is good.

BGSH 04-21-2014 07:46 PM

you can use a minnow right on bottom or back eddys use small jigs slow off bottom reel in slowly. good luck

Simmer29 04-23-2014 08:11 PM

Does anybody know of any places to access the river in around Edmonton that is safe this time of year? I am extremely new (and bad) to fly fishing but I'm dying to go and try for some Pike on the fly...any fish will do though if the pike spots are inaccessible :love0025: thanks

bobalong 04-23-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmer29 (Post 2414026)
Does anybody know of any places to access the river in around Edmonton that is safe this time of year? I am extremely new (and bad) to fly fishing but I'm dying to go and try for some Pike on the fly...any fish will do though if the pike spots are inaccessible :love0025: thanks

Takes a few seconds to load but here is a good reference. Scroll down to page 2. Have not been to any of the spots yet this year, so not sure about the safe part.
http://www.edmonton.ca/activities_pa...Recreation.pdf

waterninja 04-23-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineptflux (Post 2407908)
NSR winter killed :(

after the last 2 weeks i was coming to the same conclusion. lol

BGSH 04-24-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterninja (Post 2414230)
after the last 2 weeks i was coming to the same conclusion. lol

Don't tell me your getting skunked ernist, the burbs and rockys are in

Red Neck 04-24-2014 11:46 AM

:) NSR fish are just plain scared of the Ninja:budo: Up stream bye Devon picked out a couple but access and fishing still poor.
Red Neck Out
:scared0018:

BGSH 04-24-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Neck (Post 2414617)
:) NSR fish are just plain scared of the Ninja:budo: Up stream bye Devon picked out a couple but access and fishing still poor.
Red Neck Out
:scared0018:

heard the ice is heavy on the nsr right now to so it's probably hard to fish it without the ice hitting your line.

Geezle 04-24-2014 01:31 PM

I drove over the Beverly bridge a couple hours ago and there was a fair bit of debris coming down with the high water.

I managed to get out on the river once last weekend...we got some little burbot, a big friggin white sucker, and a sauger :)

Simmer29 04-24-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobalong (Post 2414123)
Takes a few seconds to load but here is a good reference. Scroll down to page 2. Have not been to any of the spots yet this year, so not sure about the safe part.
http://www.edmonton.ca/activities_pa...Recreation.pdf

Awesome Thanks bobalong :test::love0025:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.