Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2 weeks and broken jiffy (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=84345)

coorslight 02-28-2011 01:18 PM

2 weeks and broken jiffy

brand new jiffy auger 3 horse dropped by fishing partner before we even drilled a hole and snpped the carb right off

Big Red 250 02-28-2011 02:30 PM

Sounds like you need a new partner. Is warranty gonna cover it? Can you return it?

Ken07AOVette 02-28-2011 02:35 PM

Why would warranty cover it? It was dropped. Would you seriously try to return it if YOU dropped it?

Drewski Canuck 02-28-2011 02:47 PM

Warranty on Fishing Partners?

I also would like to know if warranty will cover it, and I would LOVE to get a warranty on a new fishing partner. for example, OFFER to pay for gas, and bring your own damn lunch. Actually have tackle if you are going fishing, or tell me that you don't know what you are doing but are eager to learn. If you break something or lose something, offer to pay for it. Listen to what I say, and if you disagree, don't get crabby and get in an argument, simply say "what do you think about this idea?".

Also, how about a warranty against claiming credit and later bringing out a herd of "Friends" to use my techniques at my honey hole?

OMG!!!! I think you are on to something!!!! A WARRANTEED FISHING PARTNER!!!

Now if it is simply a family member, what do you do about that, other than disown them, like I had to do?

Drewski

coorslight 02-28-2011 02:50 PM

partner was good for it he said hell buy a new one

FishingFrenzy 02-28-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck (Post 849889)
I also would like to know if warranty will cover it, and I would LOVE to get a warranty on a new fishing partner. for example, OFFER to pay for gas, and bring your own damn lunch. Actually have tackle if you are going fishing, or tell me that you don't know what you are doing but are eager to learn. If you break something or lose something, offer to pay for it. Listen to what I say, and if you disagree, don't get crabby and get in an argument, simply say "what do you think about this idea?".

Also, how about a warranty against claiming credit and later bringing out a herd of "Friends" to use my techniques at my honey hole?

Now if it is simply a family member, what do you do about that, other than disown them, like I had to do?

Drewski

This made my day!!!!! :lol:

Coorslight,
Sucks about your auger! Did it wreck the whole auger or can you buy a new carb for it???

I don't even let people touch my gear without DIRECT supervision. Infact i'd rather they just bought their own and kept their hands off.

Back to hand drilling for you???? :scared0018:
Tight lines!

chubbdarter 02-28-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 849875)
Why would warranty cover it? It was dropped. Would you seriously try to return it if YOU dropped it?

I wouldnt

horsetrader 02-28-2011 03:51 PM

just make sure your card has buyers protection plan and it is replaced free of charge

harrydude 02-28-2011 04:16 PM

can I have the old broken one??

Big Red 250 02-28-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 849875)

It was just a question. I would try to return it but if they said no, then I would buy another one.

Jimboy 02-28-2011 04:56 PM

No one uses or touches my Auger.:mad0177:

Tell them it was like that when you opened the box.

ganderblaster 02-28-2011 06:16 PM

Maybe too many coorslights:thinking-006:

mooseknuckle 02-28-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coorslight (Post 849892)
partner was good for it he said hell buy a new one

So what's the problem? Sheet happens!

albertadeer 02-28-2011 07:47 PM

Dropped my brand new Jiffy last year. Cracked the gear box...still waiting on parts:argue2: STUPID PLASTIC CRAP!!!

Photoplex 02-28-2011 07:59 PM

Which Jiffy?

Here's the parts website

New carb assembly = $24
New carb cover + switch = $6

http://www.jiffyonice.com/EComStore/...mary_Image.jpg

Jwood 456 03-01-2011 11:38 AM

It seems like jiffys aren't built like tanks anymore. I have one of the older jiffys that are mostly metal. I remeber when I had that auger for a year, the auger partially fell out of the back of the truck and started scraping along the highway for about 6km.:scared0015::angry3:

Man that thing was scraped, but it still ran like new.:)

BTW sorry to hear about those incedents with your augers.

big zeke 03-01-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Drewski

Wow, you'd disown over fishing...you are hard core there Mr Canuck. I'm sure the guy had it coming.

Sometimes it's hard to find good partners in anything, not just in fishing. Warranties, just like many other written agreements only get you so far unless you are in front of a judge. If you need to rely on a waranty you probably don't have much of a partner.

Sorry to hear it turned out so rough, no reason to stop fishin' though.

diamonddave 03-01-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Drewski

:fighting0030: Gotta admit, it made me chuckle......

madatter 03-01-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coorslight (Post 849753)
brand new jiffy auger 3 horse dropped by fishing partner before we even drilled a hole and snpped the carb right off

I slipped carrying my couple week old Eskimo Z71 last year and while the carb didn't snap off it broke something inside it and it would not run.
I was lucky that Eskimo covered it under warranty.
All the newer augers are fragile IMO with all the plastic they have,not just Jiffys

SushiUnagi 03-01-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Drewski

LOL nice

coorslight 03-02-2011 08:25 AM

ya we got parts on order i told my old man to take it to the city and say we found i broke but he didnt think it would work.

chubbdarter 03-02-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coorslight (Post 852383)
ya we got parts on order i told my old man to take it to the city and say we found i broke but he didnt think it would work.

if you owned the auger company would you consider that fair business?

Photoplex 03-02-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 852803)
if you owned the auger company would you consider that fair business?

Or if you were a shareholder of that company too

coorslight 03-02-2011 02:29 PM

but if they would thats customer service and that would keep customers for a long time and im sure they can fix it and resell it

chubbdarter 03-02-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coorslight (Post 852817)
but if they would thats customer service and that would keep customers for a long time and im sure they can fix it and resell it

i guess i agree to a point....as long as you were truthfull of the reason why it was broken and not say you recieved it like that.

all this doesnt say much for your friend who broke it or your choice of friends

hal53 03-02-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coorslight (Post 852817)

so basically, you bought an auger, your buddy wrecked it and said he' replace it...then you send your Dad to the city with it, to get your money back???...nice...real nice... correct me if I'm wrong in my take on the sequence of events....

lastonetherebuys 03-02-2011 04:41 PM

warranty

Warranty covers manufacture defects NOT YOU broke it.

harrydude 03-02-2011 06:36 PM

something smells fishy here............

alodar 03-02-2011 06:53 PM

I think he's just venting his frustrations yeah he asked his dad and took his opinion chill yeah bad business but who knows what their financial situation is perhaps he's not very wealthy like myself and it is his only option not a good option but don't judge please out causes unneeded tension on the forums there's a lot of it here sometimes