Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lane Archery Lethbridge (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=41728)

Pathfinder76 09-20-2009 08:51 AM

Lane Archery Lethbridge

Does anyone know what line of bows they carry?

Prdtrgttr 09-20-2009 09:22 AM

They carry APA's, Bowtechs, Diamond's, Ross' and some PSE's.
However, Cheryl will order anything in that you like.

incept 09-20-2009 12:33 PM

They have been excellent to deal with. Definetely give them a try...

Tabers Best 09-20-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incept (Post 393075)
They have been excellent to deal with. Definetely give them a try...

X2

Very very helpful, friendly and they know there stuff. It is also great that they have a little range as well.

No GST on the posted prices as well.

jimbos1 09-22-2009 09:04 AM

Order anything???????

DONT ASK FOR A LINE THEY DONT CARRY.......made that mistake asked about a martin bow.....we'll say i wish i hadn't.

bubba5794 09-24-2009 10:51 AM

They are great to deal with I would recommend them, very helpful with tuning your bow or any problems you may have.

plinker 09-24-2009 09:03 PM

I tried to deal with the guys in Calgary Foothills and got the run around about a fairly new bow that had the cams in it that had been nailed for patent violation. I was told my bow was junk now. I took my bow to Lane in Lethbridge and not only did she put the new cams in but she tuned the bow for free. I was so impressed with the level of service that she provided that I bought $200.00 in new arrows and then as I was going to be giving my bow to my son, I took a look at the BowTech Top Gun. Shot it in the archery lanes, had it tuned to me in 5 minutes. Bought on the spot. You could not ask for nicer people who know their stuff. Oh and BowTech shoots really nice!!!

SouthABFlyFisher 09-25-2009 06:51 PM

They will bring in "almost" anything. No martin, but I know several people that have ordered mathews through them, I bought a hoyt through them....

clarki 09-26-2009 09:45 AM

dennis and cheryl are awesome!! they were instrumental in helping me with my first bow (a 20+ year old browning) when i took it in they helped me with everything I needed, gave me some great tips and pointers and had a private shoot in the back with dennis that felt like a golf lesson from a pro. thanks to their help and a ton of practice I was able to harvest a WT buck on my 4th day as a bowhunter!!

M

rem338win 09-27-2009 03:15 PM

Cheryl and Dennis are the best. They will not lie to you about anything, and they will do the best they can by you. They carry APA, Bowtech, Diamond, Ross, and they will order Elite, Hoyt and Matthews. They do good business, and are a great asset to the SABA too!

harv3589 09-29-2009 04:59 PM

Dennis and Cheryl are great to deal with, I have known them for over 20yrs and have bought from them before.

deaner 01-14-2010 07:56 PM

how are they for new bow prices

npauls 01-14-2010 08:51 PM

They have helped me out a ton. I bought a used bow off of them and they set me up and gave me free lessons. I will be going there about once a week to shoot. The bad part about that is they are so nice that I want to buy something every time im there haha. They are both very patient and will answer absolutely any questions you have.

Nate

Blackwolf 01-21-2010 07:44 AM

yes, do not bring a martin bow there!!!!! I don't know why, since I am led to believe they used to sell them.

npauls 01-21-2010 04:26 PM

I bought a used martin from them that they set me up with. I held a few different ones and they said from the looks of things that the martin fit me the best and have been very good with setting it up and tuning it in for me.

Nate

Espo 09-30-2010 12:18 PM

i bought a martin from cheryl about 15 years ago. something must have happened between then and now. like many said, they are 2 of the nicest people around. and are willing to answer any questions you may have. they also carry a very good supply of accessories and a good line of camo.

Pudelpointer 09-30-2010 03:31 PM

Re: Martin Bows

Repeating (hopefully accurately) what I was told recently: All parts, etc. coming into Alberta stores had to come through a 3rd party, who sounded to me like he was a PITA.

Apparently Martin in the US is supposed to be good to deal with, but I have been waiting for a response to an inquiry for over a month... doesn't sound like good customer service to me.

dadof5 09-30-2010 09:42 PM

GREAT to deal with

I bought my first bow from Cheryl and Dennis this year. It was substantially cheaper at Lane Archery than it was at Bass Pro, which was great. They set me up, tuned the bow, taught me how to shoot, and have been great with service, accessories and answers.

I would recommend Lane to anyone, and have. Got my buddy into a bow too!

IAMBREAD 09-30-2010 10:22 PM

Absolutely best place EVER!
Like 4 or 5 others, I bought my first bow there, and Cheryl and Dennis took almost 3 hours with me. whereas when I went to Bass pro recently I got some of the worst product advice in my life (Remington has really gone downhill). Any who I don't there is much they wouldn't do for you, I gotta get down there soon for more arrows and to get some bandaged up! Hit up that great outdoor range too!

tuck.still 01-24-2012 06:45 PM

Does anyone know the price of a pse dream season evo there?

APA 01-25-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuck.still (Post 1272656)

I'm going there tomorrow n will check for u n let u no if no one else has before I get the chance to post the price!

APA 01-26-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuck.still (Post 1272656)

There price is $915!!

jace 02-17-2012 09:10 PM

lane archery

I ordered a bow (PSE BowMadness) from cabelas . lane archery set it up for me no prob $25 charge. Totally worth it!!
I was brand new at archery. never even pulled a bow before. Withing 30 min, they measured me, set up my bow, gave me a lesson, 3 arrows into it i was hitting a post-it note form 15 yards. I would ay they know what they're doing!
deffinately would reccomend them!!

Lefty-Canuck 02-17-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plinker (Post 396520)
I tried to deal with the guys in Calgary Foothills and got the run around about a fairly new bow that had the cams in it that had been nailed for patent violation. I was told my bow was junk now. I took my bow to Lane in Lethbridge and not only did she put the new cams in but she tuned the bow for free. I was so impressed with the level of service that she provided that I bought $200.00 in new arrows and then as I was going to be giving my bow to my son, I took a look at the BowTech Top Gun. Shot it in the archery lanes, had it tuned to me in 5 minutes. Bought on the spot. You could not ask for nicer people who know their stuff. Oh and BowTech shoots really nice!!!

Is your bow a Champion? I have one as well....great bow its just a shame the company is not around anymore.

LC

Pudelpointer 03-01-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudelpointer (Post 695702)
Repeating (hopefully accurately) what I was told recently: All parts, etc. coming into Alberta stores had to come through a 3rd party, who sounded to me like he was a PITA.

Apparently Martin in the US is supposed to be good to deal with, but I have been waiting for a response to an inquiry for over a month... doesn't sound like good customer service to me.

Update: NEVER heard anything from Martin. 1.5 years. Lol.

Tox 02-23-2014 01:10 PM

Anyone know their hours and days they're open.

H380 02-23-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tox (Post 2335353)
Anyone know their hours and days they're open.

Business has changed hands .. Dennis and Cheryl have retired but still run the camo business . Gonna miss them there for sure . New owners are friendly and I believe still have same hours . Better phone ahead as they aren't open Sun- Tuesday . 403 380 2626 , I think ..

Tox 02-23-2014 08:57 PM

Thanks H380, I know they changed hands. Erica is a treat to talk to on the phone but I need a friend to drop by and pick something up for me. Don't want to send her over when its closed. I was planning on calling tomorrow but might wait til Tues or wed.
Thanks again.

SouthernBowHunter 02-23-2014 09:33 PM

Wednesday to Friday 10-8 Saturday 10-5

munyee4321 02-23-2014 10:07 PM

Store hours are:

Wed-Friday 9am-8pm
Sat 9am -6pm (lanes close 3pm-6pm for jr archery )
Closed sun- tues

Hours will change come March so keep an eye out for the
New hours, vist face book page for regularly updated information.