Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quebec Based Medicago Closing after Taking $173 million Tax Dollars (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=419767)

waldedw 02-04-2023 12:34 PM

Quebec Based Medicago Closing after Taking $173 million Tax Dollars

Wow, the Liberal investments in Quebec just keep rolling along, no end to tax $$$ when it comes to Quebec. Of course this is just a drop in the bucket of the $35 billion or so already reported that was wasted during Covid, the number is climbing faster than sparkle socks private jet.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...down-1.6735521

hammerhunter 02-04-2023 05:36 PM

Also....Feds spent $6.8M to house 15 people in Calgary...I've had it....there should be riots in the streets across Canada but nobody cares. Honestly, why do we pay taxes?.....I can't believe we take this crap. Unreal.

jungleboy 02-04-2023 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerhunter (Post 4607252)
Also....Feds spent $6.8M to house 15 people in Calgary...I've had it....there should be riots in the streets across Canada but nobody cares. Honestly, why do we pay taxes?.....I can't believe we take this crap. Unreal.

Well? Get out there and get rioting ! Don’t wait for somebody else to start the chant.

Grizzly Adams1 02-04-2023 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerhunter (Post 4607252)

Hey, it's Quebec, special rules for them.

Grizz

hammerhunter 02-04-2023 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleboy (Post 4607261)
Well? Get out there and get rioting ! Don’t wait for somebody else to start the chant.

Ha!

....you're right...but B**ching and moaning on AO is always the first step !

DirtShooter 02-04-2023 06:59 PM

Quote:

His bank accounts are likely to get frozen if he does.

And the Liberals cheer.....

Bushrat 02-04-2023 07:09 PM

Taxed to the hilt and it still doesn't make a dent in the exponentially growing deficit. If we didn't pay taxes it wouldn't make much difference at this point in time. Are we even servicing the interest nowadays? Canada and most other countries are basically insolvent If it were a business the note would have been called and the doors would have been closed a long long time ago.

esher 02-04-2023 07:25 PM

Quote:

Be careful with a attitude like that you could get banned, oh wait a second.

sourdough doug 02-04-2023 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esher (Post 4607292)
Be careful with a attitude like that you could get banned, oh wait a second.

"Well, get out there and get rioting"

Yeah right, Look what happened to the preacher, who supported the convoy..
And what about Donald Trump, for insiting his followers..
Or even expressing ones self by using the "F" word with asteriks
But it's OK if you have the power......what is it they say about absolute power
Hmm, gotta wonder where it stops....
Will this get me a warning... lol.

Grizzly Adams1 02-05-2023 08:47 AM

I don't agree with him, he's been a long term Rabble Rouser, but you cant argue he's getting a bum rap, the video of his arrest is right up there with other cases of police brutality.

Grizz

Swede 02-05-2023 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 (Post 4607413)

I don't agree with him, he's been a long term Rabble Rouser, but you cant argue he's getting a bum rap, the video of his arrest is right up there with other cases of police brutality.

Grizz

Ya I agree people that sing Christmas corals outside city hall and give food to the homeless are everything that's wrong with Canada.

CBintheNorth 02-05-2023 11:43 AM

Every time the news spotlights another large company going bankrupt I cringe, because I know a bunch of execs are going to get a hefty bonus before they shut the doors.
And I am forced to help pay for that bonus.