Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   AOF Hardwater Gathering v2.0 - Edmonton Area (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=47735)

Geezle 12-17-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theycallmeNoah (Post 458619)
JPOHLIC and I are in depending on location. Is this going to be a kid friendly event? Our kids love to fish but we can always farm them out for the day if we have to.

I don't see why it can't be a kid friendly event...the more the merrier :)

I'm sure if a few of us wanted to partake in some 'adult beverages' we could pick a tent and do it respectfully out of sight :)

WayneChristie 12-17-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezle (Post 459222)
I don't see why it can't be a kid friendly event...the more the merrier :)

I'm sure if a few of us wanted to partake in some 'adult beverages' we could pick a tent and do it respectfully out of sight :)

if you are out of sight, no need to be respectfull, spill as much as you want on your shirt :lol:

Geezle 12-17-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 459280)
if you are out of sight, no need to be respectfull, spill as much as you want on your shirt :lol:

Now that would just be wasteful!

WayneChristie 12-17-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezle (Post 459285)
Now that would just be wasteful!

true, now if you were to spill it on the ice, at least you could scrape it up and have a slushie :D

Geezle 12-17-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 459290)
true, now if you were to spill it on the ice, at least you could scrape it up and have a slushie :D

Mmmm...beer slushie...

ghostguy6 12-17-2009 07:32 PM

Looks like Ill be able to make it:D

If its a kid friendly enviroment i guess John cant wear his thong:lol:

Geezle 12-17-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 459336)
Looks like Ill be able to make it:D

If its a kid friendly enviroment i guess John cant wear his thong:lol:

Wicked, glad you'll be able to come out! :cool:

And poor John...I don't think he'll ever live that thong down! :lol:

tonyflyfish 12-17-2009 07:51 PM

I will be there-once it is decided where we are going. Anywhere within a couple hours of Edm is good for me. I haven't ice fished for years. I'll drill a hole, stand back 50 ft and see if I can land my fly in it. Is that the way it is done?

Hey WC-If any booze is spilled I scope it up and take it Sask Crossing, put it in the river and well you get the idea.

tony

Geezle 12-17-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyflyfish (Post 459356)
I will be there-once it is decided where we are going. Anywhere within a couple hours of Edm is good for me. I haven't ice fished for years. I'll drill a hole, stand back 50 ft and see if I can land my fly in it. Is that the way it is done?

Hey WC-If any booze is spilled I scope it up and take it Sask Crossing, put it in the river and well you get the idea.

tony

thorne said he's got some extra gear, and he's a great guy...I'm sure he can hook you up with a rod, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of tackle and bait to go around for whatever we end up fishing for :)

And if we end up fishing for trout, we can probably make your flies work :cool:

troutpirate 12-17-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

tony

that sounds kinda fun, maybe ill bring my fly rod too.:)

genoel 12-17-2009 08:44 PM

I could probably swing out on the 28th. It would be nice to go somewhere where a persom can walk out as I'm not too sure about driving out anywhere just yet, so maybe one of the smaller trout lakes would be a good idea. Geezle, you seem to like Chickakoo. How's fishing out there? We used to catch some nice fish out of there years ago.

ghostguy6 12-17-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

I will be there-once it is decided where we are going. Anywhere within a couple hours of Edm is good for me. I haven't ice fished for years. I'll drill a hole, stand back 50 ft and see if I can land my fly in it.
tony

maybe we could set that up as a game for the kids, anyone that gets the fly in a 6" hole gets a prize:lol:

pikehunter1989 12-17-2009 11:44 PM

im game for sure as long as its within a couple hrs of edmonton..im off until mid january..some may call me lucky and managed to break a wrist at the right time of year..keep me posted on the location and i have a couple extra rods if someone needs one..as long as someone doesnt mind either punching my holes or letting me borrow their auger to punch holes than im game for sure no matter what were fishing for..trout would be fun cuz they still put up a bit of battle and its easy to catch lots in a day

mooseknuckle 12-17-2009 11:48 PM

Jay i think your right!! I think I'll bring my darling 5 year old she'll have a great time!! I have kids may as well try and get them into the things I love and enjoy. May make for a better relationship with my children,.. ahhh she'll love it probably out fish us too!!:wave:

mooseknuckle 12-17-2009 11:53 PM

oh that last one was gay!!!:confused:

Geezle 12-18-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genoel (Post 459432)
I could probably swing out on the 28th. It would be nice to go somewhere where a persom can walk out as I'm not too sure about driving out anywhere just yet, so maybe one of the smaller trout lakes would be a good idea. Geezle, you seem to like Chickakoo. How's fishing out there? We used to catch some nice fish out of there years ago.

Chickacoo wasn't bad the couple times I've been out there, though not spectacular either.

Might be good if we're bringing some kids out though...either there or somewhere we can get into some decent perch action :)

WayneChristie 12-18-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle (Post 459569)
oh that last one was gay!!!:confused:

careful, your crusty veneer is slipping :lol:

viral_override 12-18-2009 07:32 AM

Kids too huh...alrighty...well if were allowed, my 5 yr old daughter loves to fish...but mostly run around with the other kids...and then she out fishes me pretty much every time...lol...

Rollie 12-18-2009 08:00 AM

Well I'd love to attend but I will be returning to beautiful sunny Afghanistan before the 28th. Thanks Jay you always do these things when I can't go......is this a personal thing...lol

genoel 12-18-2009 08:44 AM

Hasse Lake may be a good spot. Not too far and full of small perch to keep kids amused. Also I believe there's a playgroud on the beach as well. Can be a bit busy, but if you're planning a group get together, solitude is probably not a primary attraction.

Geezle 12-18-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollie (Post 459679)
Well I'd love to attend but I will be returning to beautiful sunny Afghanistan before the 28th. Thanks Jay you always do these things when I can't go......is this a personal thing...lol

Crap sorry man...Honestly I'm so out of the loop I didn't even know you were back :o

Geezle 12-18-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viral_override@hotmail.co (Post 459663)
Kids too huh...alrighty...well if were allowed, my 5 yr old daughter loves to fish...but mostly run around with the other kids...and then she out fishes me pretty much every time...lol...

Bring her out! Sounds like there'll be a few other kidlets around her age to run around with :)

Geezle 12-18-2009 08:37 PM

Ok, so how does Hasse sound to everybody?

Reasonable drive from Edmonton, sounds like there's a bunch of perch and maybe some trout there, so everybody including the kidlets should have a decent shot at getting something :)

lyallpeder 12-18-2009 09:35 PM

sounds good count me in.

mooseknuckle 12-19-2009 10:47 AM

hasse works for me!!

pikehunter1989 12-19-2009 12:21 PM

should work for me

mooseknuckle 12-19-2009 01:21 PM

We need a resident expert for hasse. ANyone have alot of experience out there? Hey winging is always good too, if there is enough of us we should be able to narrow down some hot spots.:wave:

Geezle 12-19-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle (Post 460571)
We need a resident expert for hasse. ANyone have alot of experience out there? Hey winging is always good too, if there is enough of us we should be able to narrow down some hot spots.:wave:

I was thinking the same thing! I'm sure somebody in the group has to know the lake...redneck posse maybe? :)

ghostguy6 12-19-2009 10:30 PM

Dan's in too. He's pretty eager after I smoked him 4 nothing at chickacoo today :lol:

Geezle 12-19-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 460949)
Dan's in too. He's pretty eager after I smoked him 4 nothing at chickacoo today :lol:

Haha nice! :lol:

What were you catching them on?
Same spot we were in last time?