Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   recommendation on waders (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=429807)

johndeeretimex 03-07-2024 09:45 AM

recommendation on waders

Looking to get in to my first pair of waders for the summer and was wonder what people recommend? I don't want to break the bank but also don't want to spend my money twice on a bad pair of waders.

zabbo 03-07-2024 09:58 AM

Depending on where you are fishing {I fish the Old Man, Dutch/Race Horse creeks and the Livingston) I would suggest waist high breathable waders. Got mine at Bass Pro. Very happy with them. Good luck and tight lines! :)

johndeeretimex 03-07-2024 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabbo (Post 4707377)
Depending on where you are fishing {I fish the Old Man, Dutch/Race Horse creeks and the Livingston) I would suggest waist high breathable waders. Got mine at Bass Pro. Very happy with them. Good luck and tight lines! :)

That would be my area also with the bow river but yet I think a breathable wader for sure!

honker_clonker 03-08-2024 08:27 AM

I used to fish the livingstone a lot and after a few years I switched to just some cheapy hip waders. Seemed like for the stretch we fished anyway, you could walk up or down from the pools and find a place to cross and not get wet. Got almost heat stroke a few times down there in chest waders. Probably watch can tire and you can get some for $50.

Sundancefisher 03-08-2024 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honker_clonker (Post 4707624)
I used to fish the livingstone a lot and after a few years I switched to just some cheapy hip waders. Seemed like for the stretch we fished anyway, you could walk up or down from the pools and find a place to cross and not get wet. Got almost heat stroke a few times down there in chest waders. Probably watch can tire and you can get some for $50.

If it’s that warm why not wet wade? Cold to stand for long but not for crossing maybe?

haggis57 03-08-2024 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabbo (Post 4707377)

I'll second Zabbo's recommendation for Bass Pro breathable pant waders. I've been using them for wade fishing the same rivers for the last 5 years. I originally started using them for the warmer months, but now use them for all my wade fishing. I also use them when stillwater fishing on my frameless pontoon boat.

My second choice would be Kylebooker breathable pant waders. I know a couple of guys who have had good luck with them for both wading and stillwater fishing.

fishinisgood 03-09-2024 07:23 PM

Frogg Toggs

Have a pair of Frogg Toggs HellBender 2 Guide Pants. Few season on them now and no issues. I fish south of the 1 and west of the 2