Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hummingbird Fishfinder Problem? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=133747)

trapshooter 05-16-2012 10:11 PM

Hummingbird Fishfinder Problem?

I have an older hummingbird fishfinder that for some reason doesn't work. I hooked it up to my 12 volt deepcycle battery that was charged and go to turn it on. I hit the "Power" button and the screen faintly lights up and it makes a beep, beep, beep, beep noise. Not sure what to do, any thoughts.
Thanks

TJG 05-16-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapshooter (Post 1441773)
I have an older hummingbird fishfinder that for some reason doesn't work. I hooked it up to my 12 volt deepcycle battery that was charged and go to turn it on. I hit the "Power" button and the screen faintly lights up and it makes a beep, beep, beep, beep noise. Not sure what to do, any thoughts.
Thanks

That sounds like a dead battery issue, or shes hopped.

trapshooter 05-16-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJG (Post 1441795)
That sounds like a dead battery issue, or shes hopped.

The battery should be charged and when I put the battery tester on it it comes out just under full charge. This may sound stupid whats hopped.

TJG 05-16-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapshooter (Post 1441800)
The battery should be charged and when I put the battery tester on it it comes out just under full charge. This may sound stupid whats hopped.

Sorry, spellling is off: nfg, done, pooched.
Cant be anything else, but maybe repairable
just need to find a repair shop willing to do a free
est. Whats the model of the unit?

trapshooter 05-16-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJG (Post 1441813)
Sorry, spellling is off: nfg, done, pooched.
Cant be anything else, but maybe repairable
just need to find a repair shop willing to do a free
est. Whats the model of the unit?

Pirahna1

bobalong 05-16-2012 10:41 PM

I dont believe Humminbird's have a hard reboot, but you can try looking on line for the model you have, but it sounds like it is done.

trapshooter 05-16-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobalong (Post 1441823)
I dont believe Humminbird's have a hard reboot, but you can try looking on line for the model you have, but it sounds like it is done.

That sucks, I JUST got it!

thumper 05-16-2012 11:48 PM

Instead of just hitting the 'on' button - try holding it down for 5 - 10 seconds.

CanAlta 05-17-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapshooter (Post 1441800)

How many volts under "fully charged" is it? My hummingbird does some wierd $h*t when the batteries start to die.

After you turn on the fishfinder, test the battery voltage. Sometimes batteries may appear charged but the voltage will drop as soon as load is added.

lindyrigger 05-17-2012 07:50 AM

deffinantly see how many volts you have with a volt meter. Also check your conection as well for your power source to your unit make sure its connected properly.