Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   10 Annoying First-World Problems (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=431022)

stuckincity 04-27-2024 10:29 AM

10 Annoying First-World Problems

Some will make you want to tear out your hair (if you have any). :)

Cheap packing tape which is almost impossible to “start” and when ya do, it comes off in slivers, so ya end up wasting half the roll just to get it started. Pay for brand-names like Scotch or 3M etc and you’ll save money in the long run.

Waiting 20 or 30 minutes for a yard train to get off of the RR crossing at rush hour. Same with street maintenance crews blocking a lane or two also at rush hour.

Huge bubble packing for small items that can’t be opened without a sharp utility knife.

Suit jackets with useless fake side pockets. Lift the flap, stick your hand in, and encounter a seam.

Paying a fee and needing a “subscription” for heated seats, heated steering wheels, AM/FM radios and whatever in new cars.

Rock hard butter and soft bread. If my microwave breaks down, I’ll replace in less than an hour.

The “No Tip” option on a wireless debit machine that has to be poked and punched several times, sometimes with a pen or “pointy” object, to get it to work. The other tip buttons work perfectly.

“Pull Here To Open”.

Plastic wrap that sticks so well to itself that it’s hard to separate, but doesn’t seem to want to stick to anything else.

Tons of people at a supermarket with only one checkout open. They want to force people to self-checkout to reduce staff wages, but prices never come down.

:snapoutofit:

warriorboy10 04-27-2024 01:27 PM

How about annoyance for the planet!

Canada's useless so called "Prime Minister" the "Dishonorable" Justin Trudeau!!

Sundog57 04-27-2024 01:30 PM

^^^ If that was a third world problem - it wouldn't be a problem anymore

traderal 04-27-2024 01:41 PM

All the crap that fills our stores that comes from 3rd countries

Dean2 04-27-2024 02:00 PM

Stuck

I can help you fix one of those for you; the outside jacket pockets on better quality suits are stitched shut to keep a perfect drape and line of the suit for those that don't use the pockets anyhow. Remove the stitching and you will find there is actually a pocket there.

Dewey Cox 04-27-2024 02:33 PM

What would you put in your front suit pockets anyway?
Hand warmers?
Spare ammo?

Twisted Canuck 04-27-2024 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey Cox (Post 4719852)
What would you put in your front suit pockets anyway?
Hand warmers?
Spare ammo?

Zip tie handcuffs, a rag, and chloroform.

Grizzly Adams1 04-27-2024 05:49 PM

Just thinking this morning, it's about impossible to cook a meal without involving a single use plastic of some kind.

pikergolf 04-27-2024 06:11 PM

Trying to deal with large company and government agencies without getting to speak with a real person. The older I get the more is%#@% me off.

Grizzly Adams1 04-27-2024 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 4719900)
Trying to deal with large company and government agencies without getting to speak with a real person. The older I get the more is%#@% me off.

That makes two of us and gets worse by the day.

bat119 04-27-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 (Post 4719901)
That makes two of us and gets worse by the day.

Make that Three!

#11 Canada post package delivery or non delivery I should say fire the ninja delivery people just send a pickup card with the carriers

Ever try phoning CP ?

Sundancefisher 04-27-2024 08:09 PM

Forgot buying a burger and fries and paying 15 cents for the bag.

I’ve been saying no bag at the drive through and they just give you a bag for free.

If they don’t… just say wait a minute. I have a bag around here somewhere.

Within 10 seconds. Free bag.

If they are really picky and keep waiting. Get out of the car and start riffling through other doors.

Map Maker 04-27-2024 08:41 PM

Those little plastic things in new socks and pull them out and instant hole in socks.

Plastic manufacturer packaging that after you cut thru , you realize you cut thru manual.

sewerrat 04-27-2024 11:21 PM

Plastic packaging that no one can get open!

honda610 04-28-2024 06:46 AM

Liberals
Liberal voters
Ndp
Ndp voters
Woke school teachers
Woke politics
Canadian gun laws
Cell phone costs in Canada
Waiting 4 years for a Bull moose draw
Waiting 11 years for a trophy Antelope draw
:angry3:

Ackleyman 04-28-2024 08:47 AM

Going to a hockey game , kids xmas concert or almost anywhere and being lectured that i'm on Indigenous land.

Twisted Canuck 04-28-2024 02:34 PM

K, Im going to contribute just one, and if any of you young guys fit the description, consider it a Public Service Announcement.

If you are a young guy, between the age of 16-24 (as this seems the target demographic), *STOP* dousing your body with Axe Body Spray!!!

JFC already! Ran into Bruhs twice today, at Canadian Tire and pet food store, you could smell em coming from the parking lot, and the Universe being what it is, they shopped the same aisle as me.

Instant migraine, not even remotely funny. Should be in the Criminal Code as an assault.

Seriously boys, I have 4 beautiful daughters, and they all assure me Axe is a repellant to girls, like 99.9% Deet is to chiggars. And chiggars are less repulsive then you are when you smell like that. Stop being a walking chemical attack. You do NOT smell good. Take a shower, use soap, you're probably good to go.

Idiots.

fishtank 04-29-2024 11:57 AM

Boneless wings …

urban rednek 04-29-2024 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4720102)
K, Im going to contribute just one, and if any of you young guys fit the description, consider it a Public Service Announcement.

Idiots.

There is a well known correlation. Just sayin'

Bigwoodsman 04-29-2024 02:50 PM

Having to explain the difference between your and you're.

BW

Sleddawg 04-29-2024 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishtank (Post 4720311)
Boneless wings

It's FREAKING NUGGETS people. Embarrassing going with friends to wing night and they order bloody nuggets

Bigwoodsman 04-29-2024 08:40 PM

Changing the name of a magazine from Alberta Outdoorsmen to Alberta Outdoors!

BW

Grizzly Adams1 04-29-2024 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman (Post 4720338)
Having to explain the difference between your and you're.

BW

Trying to have a conversation with someone and every second word is Like.

Hawkeye 04-29-2024 09:21 PM

Trying to have a conversation with someone who is more interested in their phone than in the conversation.......

CanuckShooter 04-29-2024 09:38 PM

Being put on hold by a machine, listening to crappy elevator music for 45 minutes while you wait for an agent....and then the machine hangs up on you.

coolpete1 04-30-2024 06:09 AM

phoning any company in canada , then having to argue with a machine only to be connected to someone in a foreign country who has to put you on hold 30 times to ask someone else how to do their job

El Carnicero 04-30-2024 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckincity (Post 4719790)
S

Suit jackets with useless fake side pockets. Lift the flap, stick your hand in, and encounter a seam.

:snapoutofit:

I'm pretty sure those are indeed real suit coat pockets, but you have to unstitch them after purchase, as they are stitched before purchase for some reason.

I once wore a suit for 2 years with the pockets stitched closed, thinking the same thing as the OP, that they were completely stupid to put fake pockets on. I complained one day to my wife about it and she grabbed her seam ripper and opened them up. (After making fun of me) and low and behold, They were indeed REAL pockets.

I was shocked and amazed at the simplicity and my own stupidity of not realizing.

El Carnicero 04-30-2024 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ackleyman (Post 4720005)
Going to a hockey game , kids xmas concert or almost anywhere and being lectured that i'm on Indigenous land.

Every time I hear that, it makes me want to shout out something I'm not supposed to say in public.

Dean2 04-30-2024 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Carnicero (Post 4720523)
I'm pretty sure those are indeed real suit coat pockets, but you have to unstitch them after purchase, as they are stitched before purchase for some reason.

I once wore a suit for 2 years with the pockets stitched closed, thinking the same thing as the OP, that they were completely stupid to put fake pockets on. I complained one day to my wife about it and she grabbed her seam ripper and opened them up. (After making fun of me) and low and behold, They were indeed REAL pockets.

I was shocked and amazed at the simplicity and my own stupidity of not realizing.

The reason they are stitched shut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean2 (Post 4719845)
Stuck

I can help you fix one of those for you; the outside jacket pockets on better quality suits are stitched shut to keep a perfect drape and line of the suit for those that don't use the pockets anyhow. Remove the stitching and you will find there is actually a pocket there.

CanuckShooter 05-01-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ackleyman (Post 4720005)

Do they really say [lecture] you're on indigenous land? Or do they say you're in their traditional territory?

I've been on their land before, a lot of the Okanagan valley is owned by native bands, no big deal. My mother even leased land from them, no issues at all.

I don't understand what the issue is. :thinking-006: Unless your figuring you'll have to start paying them taxes or something?