Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poacher Alert!! Beaumont Pond! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=96687)

biggamehunter 06-27-2011 10:42 PM

Poacher Alert!! Beaumont Pond!

Was out at beaumont pond and fly fished the day away with a fellow I met there. We had a great time catching tons of rainbows on phesant tail nymphs anyways, we were discusted with all the illegal things going on there! First off you got the phillipino people keeping everthing they catch! Next I asked a guy what he was using, he showed me the hook an it had barbs on it! But the thing that ticked us off the most is that the 2 people 100 feet from us were using 2 rods each!!! We couldnt take it any more so we dialed fish and game and reported them before we left and they told us they were on their way. Hopefully they caught some of the illegal actions people were doing! Your thoughts?

jts1 06-27-2011 10:46 PM

Dang sounds like you could have walked around the place with a big stick and got lots of points. Good job on calling RAP. Just wondering why you waited till you seen all that and didnt call right away or say someything to them. NOT knocking you... Again good job for calling

biggamehunter 06-27-2011 10:49 PM

We got fed up with all the stuff! But the guys with the 4 rods just came about 10 mins before we left so we called when we saw it.

WayneChristie 06-27-2011 10:49 PM

shoulda beat them all up and thrown their tackle in the lake!

biggamehunter 06-27-2011 10:50 PM

I was going to but the one guy was jacked out of his own mind, so ya dont want to get invloved with that. haha.

chubbdarter 06-27-2011 10:51 PM

were all the offenders Phillipino?

biggamehunter 06-27-2011 10:55 PM

No, just the guys keeping like 10 fish each lol. We told them the limit is 5 and they said don't you worry about us... I think they use the food to feed their families. Actually... haha but ya

tacklerunner 06-27-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 992190)
shoulda beat them all up and thrown their tackle in the lake!

I see by your avatar you got you annual summer hair cut Wayne.

Thanks for making the call bgh!

jts1 06-27-2011 11:04 PM

Sorry not to hijack the thread. Wayne is still the same old redneck we all know and love. here is a little reminder. There is one point in this vid where he stops speaking anything even close to a language on this planet.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/j...WayneMovie.mp4

biggamehunter 06-27-2011 11:05 PM

^no problem :)

TheLegend 06-27-2011 11:08 PM

I was there tonight too. Didn't see any poachers but saw two guys get in belly boats and start fishing! There is a sign that clearly states NO SWIMMING OR BOATING! Retarded people these days. By the waY did you see a kid with yellow fly line and a khaki fly vest?

chubbdarter 06-27-2011 11:09 PM

great video...thanks for posting

Lefty-Canuck 06-27-2011 11:10 PM

yup I know what you guys are talking about....I give up on calling RAP....be surprised if they even showed up. The way they get around keeping all the fish is they bring all their kids to play at the park, 5 fish per person right?....then people wonder why that lake gets fished out in 2-3 months after stocking 3000 fish in it....they are there every night doing the same thing. Best part is I am a tax payer in this town and most of the people who fish that pond aren't....

rant over....cause no one is listening anyways

LC

biggamehunter 06-27-2011 11:12 PM

the legend

i was there all day and didnt see any boats or anything? and the sign says no boats with motors. You can have a paddle boat.

Lefty-Canuck 06-27-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jts1 (Post 992229)
Sorry not to hijack the thread. Wayne is still the same old redneck we all know and love. here is a little reminder. There is one point in this vid where he stops speaking anything even close to a language on this planet.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/j...WayneMovie.mp4

Awesome vid....awesome music too! Grats on a hardwater dandy.

LC

biggamehunter 06-27-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegend (Post 992236)
I was there tonight too. Didn't see any poachers but saw two guys get in belly boats and start fishing! There is a sign that clearly states NO SWIMMING OR BOATING! Retarded people these days. By the waY did you see a kid with yellow fly line and a khaki fly vest?

I didn't see these guys or you? you sure you were at 4 seasons pond in beaumont? what time were you there? I was there from 1-8pm.

1bluZebec 06-27-2011 11:29 PM

ignorant poachers that deserve to be used as bait.lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 992241)
yup I know what you guys are talking about....I give up on calling RAP....be surprised if they even showed up. The way they get around keeping all the fish is they bring all their kids to play at the park, 5 fish per person right?....then people wonder why that lake gets fished out in 2-3 months after stocking 3000 fish in it....they are there every night doing the same thing. Best part is I am a tax payer in this town and most of the people who fish that pond aren't....

rant over....cause no one is listening anyways

LC

X2! I might not pay taxes in Beaumont but I sportfish there lots, and know exactly what your talking about. Always there everyday nearly in groups of 5 to 10. They keep everything no matter how big, even if they are only 5 inches long. I put everyone back cause I do it for sport and not to HUNT. If I want to feed my family fish I will 98 percent of the time go to the grocery store and buy it. There are also so many of them there now that usually you cant even get a spot to fish on the east side of the pond. Ive never seen them ever put one back. Usually they flip it out of the water and let it flip around till death while the rest of the family laughs and say aww look look at how its flipping around. Ticks me right off. they play dumb like they never knew. Next time ill be calling as well. This is --------!:mad3:

Lefty-Canuck 06-27-2011 11:36 PM

I would actually love to see F&W do a drive by at the lake once per night for an entire week.....just to see how many tickets they could write up....Ill stop saying anymore or someone will come out of the woodwork and call me nasty names again in PMs......

not sure why you would eat those muddy trout anyways...

I was there one night fly fishing and a guy noticed I was catch ing and releaseing all my fish....he came over and asked how I was doing. I said decent caught quite a few....he asked where they were....I said, back in the lake....he said can I have the ones you catch?.....I politely said NO....I put them back, do you put any back? He said no my KIDS like to keep them....YAH OK BLAME YOUR CHILDREN....really I could care less if people eat muddy trout but follow the rules...and unless you eat trout 3 meals a day these guys are WAY over on possesion limits....well how about teaching the kids about sustainability and C&R....but why would I waste my breath on that.....

Maybe I will dress up like Dudley-Do-Right and collect license plate numbers down there.....be the same groups day in and day out....

LC

BeeGuy 06-27-2011 11:41 PM

2 rods???

with bait set I assume?

I often cruise shorelines with 2 rods. One lightweight rigged up with a spinner and one medium weight rigged up with a monster spoon.

As long as I use one at a time I thought this was perfectly fine. The same as boat fishermen having an arsenal on-board...

I'd pay to see someone use 2 spinning rods at once.

edit: for grammar, ahyuuuk!

Lefty-Canuck 06-27-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 992289)
2 rods???

with bait set I assume?

I often cruise shorelines with 2 rods. One lightweight rigged up with a spinner and one medium weight rigged up with a monster spoon.

As long as I use one at a time I thought this was perfectly fine. The same as boat fiserman having an arsenal onboard...

I'd pay to see someone use 2 spinning rods at once.

.....still fishing with a bobber....and casting at the same time with another rod is illegal last time I checked....you think he would complain if they weren't using 2 rods EACH at the SAME time??

....justify 2 rods however you want.... if someone feels compelled to call RAP they likely have a good reason.

LC

biggamehunter 06-27-2011 11:45 PM

yeah they each had 2 rods with bait on a pickeral rig

chubbdarter 06-28-2011 12:12 AM

are you 2 sure you were at the same lake.......re read this thread...lol

horsetrader 06-28-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggamehunter (Post 992176)
Was out at beaumont pond and fly fished the day away with a fellow I met there. We had a great time catching tons of rainbows on phesant tail nymphs anyways, we were discusted with all the illegal things going on there! First off you got the phillipino people keeping everthing they catch! Next I asked a guy what he was using, he showed me the hook an it had barbs on it! But the thing that ticked us off the most is that the 2 people 100 feet from us were using 2 rods each!!! We couldnt take it any more so we dialed fish and game and reported them before we left and they told us they were on their way. Hopefully they caught some of the illegal actions people were doing! Your thoughts?

See I told you Chubb you can't always blame the AZNS

BGSH 06-28-2011 12:30 AM

the odd white guys poach as well

chubbdarter 06-28-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsetrader (Post 992348)
See I told you Chubb you can't always blame the AZNS

i just find it funny one group got a ethnic discription but the others were regular folks...lol

horsetrader 06-28-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 992355)
i just find it funny one group got a ethnic discription but the others were regular folks...lol

maybe the other group were non ethnic they were non denominational

chubbdarter 06-28-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk (Post 992351)

i dont believe that......how could you say something like that?

chubbdarter 06-28-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsetrader (Post 992357)
maybe the other group were non ethnic they were non denominational

who cares what church they go to...................ha

horsetrader 06-28-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk (Post 992351)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 992358)
i dont believe that......how could you say something like that?

WOW that's a pretty racist remark i'm offended

The Fisherman Guy 06-28-2011 12:41 AM

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/j...3D100_7578.mp4

I bet ya didn't watch any of JTS1's other videos...

Are those the Aliens from the movie "Signs" speaking in the background??