Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roofers in Sherwood Park Area (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=379021)

SamSteele 04-02-2020 02:49 PM

Roofers in Sherwood Park Area

Hi all,

We have lived in our current house for nearly 3 years now and this year I noticed a pretty decent ice dam forming in a valley on a Northwest facing roof slope. After clearing the ice away it became obvious that our shingles are due for replacement.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a roofing company from the Sherwood Park/Edmonton area to provide a quote? Original roof was put on by Great Canadian using 153 bundles of shingles back in 2004.

SS

wildwoods 04-02-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamSteele (Post 4140372)
Hi all,

We have lived in our current house for nearly 3 years now and this year I noticed a pretty decent ice dam forming in a valley on a Northwest facing roof slope. After clearing the ice away it became obvious that our shingles are due for replacement.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a roofing company from the Sherwood Park/Edmonton area to provide a quote? Original roof was put on by Great Canadian using 153 bundles of shingles back in 2004.

SS

Not sure on recommendation but i would be fixing that ice dam asap. Possibly heat loss in the attic?

Sooner 04-02-2020 03:11 PM

Roof Ex in Edmonton has done mine,neighbors, parents, friends and family. Good prices, good work. Local neighborhood guy. Not going to try and over sell you something.

SamSteele 04-02-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwoods (Post 4140381)
Not sure on recommendation but i would be fixing that ice dam asap. Possibly heat loss in the attic?

I’ve cleared the dam prior to this last snowfall and cold snap. From what I can tell it’s a combination of insulation required in the attic and poor slope in the valley. I plan to have that all fixed while doing the roof once it isn’t -25C.

Ronji 04-02-2020 03:48 PM

Roofer

Try Brad Sartison Roofing.
He did all of our roofing on all of our projects. Both new homes and renovations. He has his crew and works on the roof with them. Sites and gutters are all cleaned at completion.
Need more information, send me a pm.

Mr Flyguy 04-02-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamSteele (Post 4140372)
Hi all,

SS

Alf's Roofing in Sherwood Park 780-464-6464

walleye guy 04-02-2020 08:31 PM

Another vote for Alf's did my house a couple years back,fast and efficient crew
did a great job cleaning up too!

Grizzly Adams 04-02-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamSteele (Post 4140389)
I’ve cleared the dam prior to this last snowfall and cold snap. From what I can tell it’s a combination of insulation required in the attic and poor slope in the valley. I plan to have that all fixed while doing the roof once it isn’t -25C.

Valleys and ridges are always lower slope than the rest of the roof, compound that with a snow trap and you have a problem.

Grizz

dth_ 04-02-2020 09:05 PM

Alfs did my roof 3 years ago as part of my purchase agreement for my house in Sherwood Park. The seller hired them, but they did a great job and left a clean work area. I believe the invoice was a reasonable amount as well.

Gifted Intuitive 04-02-2020 09:47 PM

No Limits Construction

Cal Sean at 780 292 2458

cranker 04-03-2020 08:28 AM

Call Joe: 780-446-7116, lives in Sherwood Park, Joe is the owner and operator, journeyman carpenter, excellent crew, and he is on site, does not hire sub-contractors.

All the best!

SamSteele 04-03-2020 08:37 AM

Thanks all. I will start making some calls and lining up some quotes.