Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Went bow shopping yesterday. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=245798)

Zuludog 02-14-2015 04:55 PM

Went bow shopping yesterday.

Well I got the itch and started checking out bows the last few days. I tried a new bow out and really liked it. Was seriously considering putting my Alloy up for sale to help fund buying it too. Since it had been awhile since I've shot my bow I decided to shoot both side by side before making any hasty decisions. I'm glad I did because I found out that the new bow wasn't any better than my "old" bow. lol I keep saying "new bow" as I don't want to start a flame war over brands. :)

I then took my bow out to Accurate Archery and talked to Lawrence about getting the new PCXL cams put on it. I figured if I really liked my Alloy before I might love it with the new cams. Well after asking a few questions and trying an Ion with the new cams I took the plunge and had Lawrence swap the cams out. WOW!! I really love this bow now. It has the let off & valley that were missing (to me) and still the positives it always had. Solid back wall, smooth draw cycle, quiet, vibe free etc. Now I just have to remove or alter the grips. :)

I may have also gained a few fps but I've never chrono'd an arrow before so I wouldn't know for sure. Thanks to the poster on here who mentioned doing this to their Defy, they were right it improves an already great bow. :)

Hydro1 02-14-2015 05:04 PM

Congrats on your "new" bow. :sHa_shakeshout:
Glad you tried out the bows, saved yourself a bunch of money!

Kurt505 02-14-2015 05:43 PM

Glad to hear Lawrence fixed you up! Now you can buy a couple 3D targets and maybe some arrows with the $$$ you saved.

Zuludog 02-14-2015 05:56 PM

I have no where to put 3d targets unfortunately. :(
Arrows on the other hand...
Did pick up a new release too. Going to try switching from my dual calipers to a hook type this year.

brohymn2 02-14-2015 07:49 PM

You selling you alloy?

brohymn2 02-14-2015 07:50 PM

Never mind I miss read what you wrote

Zuludog 02-14-2015 08:03 PM

Keeping the Alloy and will probably switch the cams on my Defy too. :)

brohymn2 02-14-2015 08:23 PM

Sweet

arrow_baron 02-15-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuludog (Post 2736318)
Keeping the Alloy and will probably switch the cams on my Defy too. :)

Did he have any new cams in stock. I was wanting to switch mine over after reading all the good reviews.

Zuludog 02-15-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrow_baron (Post 2736633)
Did he have any new cams in stock. I was wanting to switch mine over after reading all the good reviews.

Limited amounts right now, I think 29"? I am not sure I know I grabbed the last 28" cams. He has more on order though.