Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Up and Ready (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=31297)

Albertabowhunter 04-10-2009 07:30 PM

Up and Ready

Well, Made it out today and set the barrels, and placed the stands up high. Now just wait a week or two and then I'll start the bait. Hopefully the bears will cooperate better this year.

Any how, while out setting up, mother nature gave us a taste of 2 thunderstorms which included wind, rain, and hail. One large hail stone right off the top of the head too. :scared: Still plenty of snow up North, but very wet and looks to be melting fast. Cutlines had 2+ feet in some areas but where the sun could get, there was considerably less to none. Small rivers startng to open as well.

BrownBear416 04-10-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albertabowhunter (Post 302525)
Well, Made it out today and set the barrels, and placed the stands up high. Now just wait a week or two and then I'll start the bait. Hopefully the bears will cooperate better this year.

Any how, while out setting up, mother nature gave us a taste of 2 thunderstorms which included wind, rain, and hail. One large hail stone right off the top of the head too. :scared: Still plenty of snow up North, but very wet and looks to be melting fast. Cutlines had 2+ feet in some areas but where the sun could get, there was considerably less to none. Small rivers startng to open as well.

Right on man keep us posted. Ya the snow is going realy fast this year.

Walleyes 04-10-2009 08:55 PM

Best of luck to you guys bowhunter,, make sure and keep us posted eh..

hardcorefisher 04-10-2009 08:56 PM

Hey there AlbertaBowHunter
where abouts are you guys baiting by??

Albertabowhunter 04-10-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardcorefisher (Post 302555)
Hey there AlbertaBowHunter
where abouts are you guys baiting by??

Ummmm....... well one spot is near a small creek, the other is about a mile away, and then the third spot is 3 miles SE of that spot..

Sorry if this comes across rude, but I'm going to keep it a secret where I'm hunting. Only 3 people know where that spot is, and I prefer it that way. Sorry again.

but heres a picture from one of the setups...... This small river full of Beaver dams flows 30 yards past one of the stands.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/DSC03917.JPG

hardcorefisher 04-10-2009 09:50 PM

HA HA oh boy.. Im not asking for the legal land location just like a vague description such as.. near lac la biche, or north of cold lake etc etc. lol

Albertabowhunter 04-10-2009 10:01 PM

Ok, close to Edson.

hardcorefisher 04-11-2009 10:57 PM

Oh rite on. Ya that looks like an awesome spot and i would probly keep er a secret as well ha ha. Where ever there's beavers, there's bears!

winged1 04-12-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Where ever there's beavers, there's bears!
That's what we used to say back in the bar hoping days.

cardiacphil 04-12-2009 08:23 PM

Still holds true today...Bears and Beavers...In both senses Bars and woods...LMFAO

Unfortunatly I dont do the bar scene anymore my wife doesn't appreciate it..

CP

Grizzly Adams 04-12-2009 09:51 PM

Heard at supper time, tomorrow's forecast was for snow north and west of Edmonton, :lol: Ah, but Spring will eventually come.
Grizz

Rackmastr 04-12-2009 10:20 PM

Looks like a good spot you have there!

Spring has hit down here with a lot of green grass growing all over the place, but man its been a slow one!!

Wantin to take a drive out west to the mountains later this month, hoping the sun melts some of that stubborn snow in the hills!!

Albertabowhunter 04-13-2009 09:43 AM

Yes, it will be nice when the warmer weather is here for good. But the extra snow will definately help water levels throughout Alberta, or those regions that get it. We all know how bad some lakes and sloughs are doing. As well, this is another reason I'm not setting baits for another week or so.