Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Switching hockey team allegiance (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=166624)

nekred 02-05-2013 08:09 AM

Switching hockey team allegiance

I have been a Vancouver Fan since 1982 and their first run at the cup, the Oilers were always my second team to cheer for and through the Messier heydays it was great.

last year during playoffs I suddenly realised as a Canucks fan, that there were more players I hated on Vancaver than I liked...

I hate the Sedin Sisters,... learn how to play with your heart and learn playoff hockey you sniveling little wimps...

Burrows... grow Up!

Kesler... go back to the Us... if you were a soccer player you would be Spanish or french...

Luongo... Nuff Said....

So now I realise that I actually like the Oilers!...the most, a young talented team that plays with heart and emotion...whatever the consequences... the Yakapov slide was excessive but hey its the kids first big goal in a game and he is new...lets give hima bit of latitude... just don't do it every time!...

After seeing the score this morning I am pretty happy. (I am still not watching the games as I am boycotting this season)

Sooner 02-05-2013 09:26 AM

Oilers fan from day one, was able to go into the open doors at rexal for the last 2 mins of one of their cups to watch them hoist it and skate around. Then to Jasper ave with the masses. Cool memories. Been a lot of lean years but i think we have a comparable team being built now. Need a few holes filled but the speed, talent and heart all seem to be there. Hope they can make a few cup runs real soon.

Fishnafterwork 02-05-2013 09:32 AM

Sad..... Like watching a crack addict switch to meth .... We will pray for you..... Haha Go Flames Go

Moo Snukkle 02-05-2013 09:40 AM

Only a matter of time before you switch again. True fans support their teams thru thick and thin.

Pincherguy 02-05-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moo Snukkle (Post 1835904)
Only a matter of time before you switch again. True fans support their teams thru thick and thin.

:snapoutofit:There ya go! doesn't matter what sport. If you cant figure out which team to support all by your ownself, ask your mmomy. Or turn off the telly and pick up your knitting needles.:sHa_sarcasticlol:
PG

Dog_River 02-05-2013 09:53 AM

Yes, I hate Vancouver. What a bunch of no heart pansies. With that said, I was born and raised in Toronto and bleed the Blue. Yes it's a tough life, but I cant help it.

Go Leafs !! maybe someday before I die they will at least make the playoffs !

Dog_River

Pincherguy 02-05-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog_River (Post 1835922)
Yes, I hate Vancouver. What a bunch of no heart pansies. With that said, I was born and raised in Toronto and bleed the Blue. Yes it's a tough life, but I cant help it.

Dog_River

Atta boy Dog, through thick and thin. You are a true fan, my hats off to you.
PG

greylynx 02-05-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekred (Post 1835801)
I have been a Vancouver Fan since 1982 and their first run at the cup, the Oilers were always my second team to cheer for and through the Messier heydays it was great.

last year during playoffs I suddenly realised as a Canucks fan, that there were more players I hated on Vancaver than I liked...

I hate the Sedin Sisters,... learn how to play with your heart and learn playoff hockey you sniveling little wimps...

Burrows... grow Up!

Kesler... go back to the Us... if you were a soccer player you would be Spanish or french...

Luongo... Nuff Said....

So now I realise that I actually like the Oilers!...the most, a young talented team that plays with heart and emotion...whatever the consequences... the Yakapov slide was excessive but hey its the kids first big goal in a game and he is new...lets give hima bit of latitude... just don't do it every time!...

After seeing the score this morning I am pretty happy. (I am still not watching the games as I am boycotting this season)

I hear your problem man.:):sHa_shakeshout:

I am still boycotting too.

Read Greylynx's new book.

Confessions of a schizophrenic as told by greylynx to greylynx.:)

nekred 02-05-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greylynx (Post 1835939)
I hear your problem man.:):sHa_shakeshout:

I am still boycotting too.

Read Greylynx's new book.

Confessions of a schizophrenic as told by greylynx to greylynx.:)

Illustrated buu greylynx, (hallucinations) and narrated by greylynx (auditory hallicinations)

nekred 02-05-2013 10:35 AM

I supported the Cannots through an awful lot of thin, but when irealised the team was made up of players I despised and it made me decide to switch...

However I will still cheer any team playing the Habs!...

Okotokian 02-05-2013 10:38 AM

I found myself cheering for the Flames during their cup run a few years ago (primarily out of nationalism), then went right back to hating them and cheering for the Oilers. I suspect i would cheer for any Canadian club over an American club in the cup finals.

Smokey 02-05-2013 01:20 PM

I dislike Khabby, Potter, Eager and sometimes Whitney. I hate Horcoff, and Taylor Hall is vastly over-rated and falls 100 times a game, but I LOVE MY OILERS...

artie 02-05-2013 01:26 PM

Don't forget Mason Raymond a good Cochrane boy playing for Vanvouver.
I always pull for the local guys.

Winch101 02-05-2013 03:16 PM

New favourite team

My new favourite teams is the JEHABSOILS.....66. Man roster

Play at least 3 times a week. It's really hot with three jerseys on.

Eddy62 02-05-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog_River (Post 1835922)

Dog_River

me to my friend and will die a leafs fan thick and thin i am there and boy i tell you i get alot off hard times lol

Eddy62 02-05-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 1835978)
I found myself cheering for the Flames during their cup run a few years ago (primarily out of nationalism), then went right back to hating them and cheering for the Oilers. I suspect i would cheer for any Canadian club over an American club in the cup finals.

me too even the habs look good this year

CaberTosser 02-05-2013 04:09 PM

When considering loyalty, how does one go in the case of the Winnipeg Jets? They weren't around to cheer for for a time. I personally find their new logo my favorite, perhaps its the military theme.

Winch101 02-05-2013 04:47 PM

Go Jets Go

I had season tickets for the jets ....their whole life .....including
The WHA....

I would like to go to the MTS centre for a game , it looks wild .

My child hood fav is the Rocket and the HABS

The HABS and the JETS. For the cup,any cup, :confused0024:

Okotokian 02-05-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winch101 (Post 1836407)
My child hood fav is the Rocket and the HABS

Don't give me that Winch. Your childhood favourite was Howie Morenz. The Rocket came way later! :scared0018:

silver 02-05-2013 06:02 PM

I haven't given a darn about hockey since Gordie Howe left Detroit, then I switched to the Charleston Chiefs.

Winch101 02-05-2013 06:32 PM

What

What I can't hear you ...

I kind of miss that pond shinny ....nice big firm road apple....

Keep your mouth shut on warm days....catalogue s for shin pads....

No cup.....kinda explains why boomers have high pitched voices.....

bb356 02-05-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moo Snukkle (Post 1835904)

Yup !!! ... mostly thin for canuck fan's :sHa_sarcasticlol:

fishunter327 02-05-2013 07:02 PM

I hope 10,000 season ticket holders switch so I can afford to take BB to a Canucks game.

220swifty 02-05-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishnafterwork (Post 1835895)
Sad..... Like watching a crack addict switch to meth .... We will pray for you..... Haha Go Flames Go

So if a nucks fan is a crackhead, and an oil fan is a meth head, what does that make a flames fan?

I've got it! A smoker. You spend the money, and in return you get no discernable highs, and shortness of breath (from all the yapping about kipper the messiah, who almost won you a cup over a decade ago)

fishunter327 02-05-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artie (Post 1836200)
Don't forget Mason Raymond a good Cochrane boy playing for Vanvouver.
I always pull for the local guys.

Mason is off to a good start this year ,hope they find him some line mates he can gell with.Yes ,hometown boys,province,canadians.And anybody who beats the Leafs.(used to be the Habs till the got Carey Price)

hunterfisher 02-06-2013 06:28 AM

Vancouver fan

I know my wife is a fan since Vancouver millionaires and still to this day but she hasn't watched a full game in a few years. Still doesn't stop her from being a fan definitely when I'm cheering for the habs. I still don't like those Vancouver canuckleheads.

the pilot cock 02-06-2013 07:10 AM

my wife grew up in Vancouver and informed me when we were dating that she would always be a canucks fan. Last year during their playoff run she watched their lame ass, no heart entitled attitudes (particularly when Bobby Lou was upset that the other teams goalie hadn't said anything nice about him). She also spoke with a few friends back home who were convinced that because they had won the presidents trophy they should just be given the stanley cup... anyhow, it bugged her enough that she got rid of all her Canucks stuff and she let her family know she is nw an oilers fan. So proud of her, and she's pretty sexy in the oiler hats and shirts.:sHa_shakeshout:

Clgy_Dave2.0 02-06-2013 07:24 AM

Bandwagon fan: def- someone who all of a sudden decides they're a fan of a certain team for whatever reason. Someone who changes their allegiance because of team performance, player roster, their local, etc.

I was born and raised 5 blocks from the Pacific Coliseum. I was there when Vancouver played their first game. I've played with members of the team. I will always be a Canucks fan no matter who plays for them, who coaches them who owns them or how they perform. Always been a fan and always will be a fan.
No respect for bandwagon fans.

Ryanf 02-06-2013 07:37 AM

I'll just weigh in with a few words
Bleu blanc rouge
Go Habs Go

But I'll agree Vancouver is full of guys with no heart haha

nekred 02-06-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary Dave (Post 1837339)
Bandwagon fan: def- someone who all of a sudden decides they're a fan of a certain team for whatever reason. Someone who changes their allegiance because of team performance, player roster, their local, etc.

I was born and raised 5 blocks from the Pacific Coliseum. I was there when Vancouver played their first game. I've played with members of the team. I will always be a Canucks fan no matter who plays for them, who coaches them who owns them or how they perform. Always been a fan and always will be a fan.
No respect for bandwagon fans.

I guess I am somewhat guilty of this, I was a vancouver fan, for many years even before their 3 cup runs, I loved Tiger Williams, and enjoyed the Oilers in their heydays as my number 2 team until they traded Messier.

Now i have moved from BC 12 years ago, and now live in Edmonton area nd the Cannots have finally ticked me off enough i thought with strike and everything maybe this is as good of time as any to move my number 2 team up to my number 1 team...