Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RCMP making criminals of Canadians again (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=210750)

Commandant 02-27-2014 01:29 PM

RCMP making criminals of Canadians again

Canada's National Firearms Association
Daily Media Report

Swiss Arms Confiscated

Effective 10:00 pm eastern tonight the RCMP has reclassified the Swiss Arms Classic Green carbine from non-restricted (and restricted) to prohibited status. There are approximately 1,000 -1,800 of these firearms in the public. The government will not be offering compensation and will be demanding that the firearms, which cost between $3,000 - $4,000 be surrendered. The government is suggesting that all affected firearms owners contact the distributers from which the firearms were purchased for reimbursement.

The NFA encourages all affected owners to contact their federal Member of Parliament.
This is part of an ongoing agenda of the RCMP to progressively prohibit firearms in Canada.

Under Bill C-68, the firearms classification system was supposed to be updated regularly to prohibit firearms being introduced into the market, as well as those already in Canada.

The Government of Canada was supposed to assist in this with periodic new legislation and Order in Council (OIC).

The RCMP have been doing this unilaterally since 2006.
Access to information records show that RCMP have an aggressive firearms reclassification agenda, and that prohibitions will not stop with the Swiss Arms Series Rifles.
These rifles were approved for import by the RCMP have been sold in Canada for over a decade. Owners once held registrations for them under the now defunct long gun registry.
There has never been a crime or incident of violence committed with one of these rifles.

NFA condemns this RCMP assault on the rights and private property of law abiding Canadians. The RCMP has shown contempt for the rights of Canadians by their actions, and we expect the Government of Canada to take steps and introduce measures to reign in the RCMP and end the assault against the rights, property and freedoms of Canadians.

For more information contact:
Blair Hagen, Executive VP Communications, Blair@nfa.ca
Sheldon Clare, President, Sheldon@nfa.ca
Canada’s NFA – info@nfa.ca
NFA Website: www.nfa.ca

In defence of freedom

Donkey Oatey 02-27-2014 01:32 PM

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=210689

Sneeze 02-27-2014 01:36 PM

Harrumph! And you guys thought Toronto born Harper was going to put a stop to all of this!

Any aspiring your entrepreneurs on this board? Start an approved shooting range that you have to cross a lake by boat to get too.

waterninja 02-27-2014 01:50 PM

you would think that the rcmp would at least "grandfather" the existing owners and outlaw future sales of this now prohibted weapon, as they have done with other firearms that were reclassified from restricted to prohibited.

elkhunter11 02-27-2014 02:43 PM

Weren't two threads enough?

dcampbster 02-27-2014 03:29 PM

What if it is one of your gun collection next ?

stuckincity 02-27-2014 03:49 PM

Since when do the police make the laws? :confused:

I thought that was the job of the legisature or parliament.

Scary.

elkhunter11 02-27-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandant (Post 2341486)
So sorry, el kunter , Moderators please remove my post it seems to offend the guys that spend their lives on the forum.

I thought it may have been important to some who don't go back 2-10 days on forum comments.

:argue2:

The other two threads have been very active today

Nester 02-27-2014 06:14 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6VS_d62Yh_...nNiemoller.JPG

Ken07AOVette 02-27-2014 06:35 PM

Do something about it.

greylynx 02-27-2014 06:35 PM

And Cukier, Rock, and Justin are laughing their heads off while their little puppet Harper does their work for them.

Sort of shows how Harper hates western Canada. Just like the rest the easterners.

stephane 02-27-2014 06:44 PM

Link to petition here. Its a start

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...uses-c-68.html

greylynx 02-27-2014 06:46 PM

I would have thought organized gun clubs would start becoming political given the RCMP objective of having them all shut down.

Nope. Too spineless to try to even get on the executive of the local constituency.

Bas Ba Baa

One sheep at a time.

There is a guy named Young in the NFA. I thought he was once a parliamentary secretary.

Why can't he help gun clubs become polictical?

Jack Hardin 02-27-2014 07:09 PM

I signed

leeaspell 02-27-2014 07:14 PM

Signer #1254

bison 02-27-2014 07:49 PM

signed

10pt 02-27-2014 07:52 PM

Signed

Burglecut83 02-27-2014 08:08 PM

I signed it. I'm never giving up any of my guns ever. They will work hard to find them. If they ever do

blackpheasant 02-27-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandant (Post 2341486)
So sorry, el kunter , Moderators please remove my post it seems to offend the guys that spend their lives on the forum.

I thought it may have been important to some who don't go back 2-10 days on forum comments.:argue2:

Exactly - thanks Commandant

signed

recce43 02-27-2014 08:31 PM

signed

fish gunner 02-27-2014 08:39 PM

This is tough to call. is the chassis a converted fullauto mil arm (as has been suggested in article) or is the rifle a purpose built semi auto.
If as has been alleged a fullauto conversion slipped through the system. is it not reasonable that others may have ? It would appear if as alledged the rifle in question is a few parts from fullauto .
Saying they "just " reclassified the rifle is not quite the facts now is it lads . There is a rhyme and reason behind the reclassification if as alleged the rifle never really fell inline with legislative outlines.
Yes grey the world is in league to over throw western canada ??? Now even the prime minister is joining the league. Lol

Gorram 02-27-2014 08:46 PM

Signed.
First high river, then this?
Even the best guard dog needs a leash.
CPC: lose your base, lose your power.

Roughneck12 02-27-2014 09:03 PM

I am afraid to sign lest they track me down. After the loss of freedoms and spying in the US and apparently Canada do I want to give them ammo? Where is this ****e going to end?

Browning Sharpsh00ter 02-27-2014 10:14 PM

Time to WAKE the hell up.. The goverment NO LONGER works for you or I.. We work and slave for FAKE greedy ass politicians that are really no more trust worthy then the common Crack addict.. Either start standing up for your rights and freedoms or prepare to be stripped!! I can tell u my stance.. I am tired of these sucking leeches, and the day they want my guns, is THE DAY war will break out in my area.. COME and GET my guns you Communist bastards.. try it:bad_boys_20: i would rather stand for something then fall to the globalist bastards... Think of your children's furture...THiNk..WAKE THE PUCK Up

Burglecut83 02-27-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browning Sharpsh00ter (Post 2342139)
Time to WAKE the hell up.. The goverment NO LONGER works for you or I.. We work and slave for FAKE greedy ass politicians that are really no more trust worthy then the common Crack addict.. Either start standing up for your rights and freedoms or prepare to be stripped!! I can tell u my stance.. I am tired of these sucking leeches, and the day they want my guns, is THE DAY war will break out in my area.. COME and GET my guns you Communist bastards.. try it:bad_boys_20: i would rather stand for something then fall to the globalist bastards... Think of your children's furture...THiNk..WAKE THE PUCK Up

I'm withy you. Taking my guns is theft. I will defend my home fiercely from thieves

crunchiespg 02-27-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish gunner (Post 2342002)
This is tough to call. is the chassis a converted fullauto mil arm (as has been suggested in article) or is the rifle a purpose built semi auto.
If as has been alleged a fullauto conversion slipped through the system. is it not reasonable that others may have ? It would appear if as alledged the rifle in question is a few parts from fullauto .
Saying they "just " reclassified the rifle is not quite the facts now is it lads . There is a rhyme and reason behind the reclassification if as alleged the rifle never really fell inline with legislative outlines.
Yes grey the world is in league to over throw western canada ??? Now even the prime minister is joining the league. Lol

no, they have simply said it's prohib because its a variant of the sg550, which is banned by name. not that is capable of being made, or was ever a full auto..

the entire firearms act is a joke, i can't have an MP5 because it was in Jane's book of scary guns in 1990, but i can own the UMP or the MP7 which are basically the same thing because they came later..

i hope this is the thing that finally unites everyone and we push for real change..
I have written 3 letters today demanding the conservatives live up to their promise to scrap c68..

if this bs continues its a sad day for canada, it appears we have a police force who hold more power than the government.. wasn't the rcmp commissioner just on the news recently saying he wanted to prohib everything he could.. hello, go back to dealing with crime and leave law making to those we elect.

bison 02-27-2014 10:28 PM

Typical Canadian,..to scared to help rock the boat ^^^ :rolleye2:
meant for post #24

fish gunner 02-27-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burglecut83 (Post 2342149)
I'm withy you. Taking my guns is theft. I will defend my home fiercely from thieves

Have you actually studied why the rifle has been reclassified. ? There is some background info , if you care to look. Not saying I support the decision , further investigation is required. One has to ask why a semi auto would go for 3-4 g convertability ??:(

TreeGuy 02-27-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchiespg (Post 2342158)
no, they have simply said it's prohib because its a variant of the sg550, which is banned by name. not that is capable of being made, or was ever a full auto..

the entire firearms act is a joke, i can't have an MP5 because it was in Jane's book of scary guns in 1990, but i can own the UMP or the MP7 which are basically the same thing because they came later..

i hope this is the thing that finally unites everyone and we push for real change..
I've wrote 3 letters today demanding the conservatives live up to their promise to scrap c68..

if this bs continues its a sad day for canada, it appears we have a police force who hold more power than the government.. wasn't the rcmp commissioner just on the news recently saying he wanted to prohib everything he could.. hello, go back to dealing with crime and leave law making to those we elect.

Great post, Crunchie. :)

Nester 02-27-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 2341773)
Do something about it.

We certainly will.

You stay over there with the women and children :rolleye2:

Good info laid out here:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...fication-Forum

RCMP prohibit Swiss Arms rifle

Canadian firearms advocates push back against the RCMP's decision to reclassify the Swiss Arms Classic Green Carbine rifle as a prohibited weapon

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Politics/ID/2439743206/