Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Oh Donald....... (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=320455)

Scott h 04-25-2017 09:47 AM

Oh Donald.......

Well it started with dairy. Now it's moved on to lumber and will probably address oil and gas soon. Hopefully all those Canadians that support Trump enjoy the ride.........:)
http://business.financialpost.com/ne...y-lumber-dairy

Deer Hunter 04-25-2017 09:50 AM

Oh yeah?
Well we will have pot. Lots of it.
And unemployed people. Even more.

Its easy to blame someone else for our lack of government foresight and leadership...

cardshark 04-25-2017 09:53 AM

I'm enjoying it. We reap what we sow. A lot of good would come from a recession in Canada.

bobtodrick 04-25-2017 09:58 AM

He's looking after his countries best interests...nothing wrong with that.
If Trudeau would do the same, instead of trying to save the world we'd be better prepared for whatever happens.

I_forget 04-25-2017 10:01 AM

Can't blame him for looking after his countries best interests. I guess Canada's plan is smoke weed legally and universal basic income (Ontario has a pilot project starting up)

The Cook 04-25-2017 10:01 AM

Lets just open markets in Asia and let the yanks build a wall around their whole country. The POTUS cannot make laws on his own, I believe Congress has a say and besides the nukes will be flying soon if donny boy stays in power for very long and none of his loud mouth posturing will matter.

Scott h 04-25-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_forget (Post 3525647)
Can't blame him for looking after his countries best interests. I guess Canada's plan is smoke weed legally and universal basic income (Ontario has a pilot project starting up)

Well I guess all that weed will come in handy to help kill time if he slaps a big tariff on Canadian oil......

Sooner 04-25-2017 10:07 AM

Every President I can remember was behind the softwood lumber Tariffs. Trump aint no different.

So do we have any flex with our main export to the U.S, our Oil that they seem to want?

Seems like those tide water pipelines are even more important now.

Redfrog 04-25-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott h (Post 3525632)
Well it started with dairy. Now it's moved on to lumber and will probably address oil and gas soon. Hopefully all those Canadians that support Trump enjoy the ride.........:)

Not sure what he said that was not accurate. Soft wood has been a problem child since NAFTA started, is it surprising to you that it continues to be when it was never dealt with to begin with.

What does 'Free trade" mean to Canada? Subsidies? tariffs?

How is it that Trump decides what Canada does? I thought that was our government's job led by our PM. :snapoutofit:

gitrdun 04-25-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtodrick (Post 3525644)
If Trudeau would do the same, instead of trying to save the world we'd be better prepared for whatever happens.

Took the words right out of my mouth, or should I say finger tips.

covey ridge 04-25-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott h (Post 3525652)
Well I guess all that weed will come in handy to help kill time if he slaps a big tariff on Canadian oil......

Hope Canada has a plan B.

covey ridge 04-25-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner (Post 3525653)
Every President I can remember was behind the softwood lumber Tariffs. Trump aint no different.

So do we have any flex with our main export to the U.S, our Oil that they seem to want?

Yes!

JimPS 04-25-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

If they don't like what we do with our oil or who we sell it to0 - they'll just go ahead a do what they've done with every other weak country that challenges the US Petro Dollar and banking system.

He got elected because he coned voters into believing he was an outsider and was independent and different.

He's owned and completely controlled by the same old financial criminal military industrial neo-con bankster gangster chicken-hawk warrior elitist parasite bloodsucking vampires that owned the last guy - and everyone before him except Kennedy.

ReconWilly 04-25-2017 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Well put.

Lets worry about our own failed elected officials and their failure to look after their own voters.

elkhunter11 04-25-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Exactly! Unfortunately having Trudeau as our leader is hurting our economy, and it's only going to get worse, unless he starts working to build our economy, rather than giving away our hard earned money to non Canadians.

Newview01 04-25-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott h (Post 3525632)

There are many world leaders whose policies I disagree with.

But if we had a leader who stood up for us that would be great, and we wouldn't have to worry about Trump's decisions.

ReconWilly 04-25-2017 10:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimPS (Post 3525670)
If they don't like what we do with our oil or who we sell it to0 - they'll just go ahead a do what they've done with every other weak country that challenges the US Petro Dollar and banking system.

He got elected because he coned voters into believing he was an outsider and was independent and different.

He's owned and completely controlled by the same old financial criminal military industrial neo-con bankster gangster chicken-hawk warrior elitist parasite bloodsucking vampires that owned the last guy - and everyone before him except Kennedy.

Ah Kennedy....

It's not like this stuff isn't transparent...

I assume that most people don't even believe what they see in the mirror anymore...

What do you know about Albert Pike?

Scott h 04-25-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Those pipelines should have been done a LONG time ago, but they weren't. The short of it is, Alberta will be a ghost town if Trump has his way and puts a new tariff on Canadian oil.

covey ridge 04-25-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfrog (Post 3525663)
Not sure what he said that was not accurate. Soft wood has been a problem child since NAFTA started, is it surprising to you that it continues to be when it was never dealt with to begin with.

What does 'Free trade" mean to Canada? Subsidies? tariffs?

How is it that Trump decides what Canada does? I thought that was our government's job led by our PM. :snapoutofit:

Well, lets see how our governments negotiators respond. I am glad that our PM is not just flipping off a knee jerk response to the headlines.

I think a good deal should be a good deal for both parties and not just one forcing the other to take less so that the other an make more.

I am tired of his ME first attitude!

Au revoir, Gopher 04-25-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Pretty much. The fact that the Softwood Lumber Agreement has expired would be one of the reasons he has lumber on his agenda.

ARG

ETOWNCANUCK 04-25-2017 10:48 AM

We don't have to worry about Trump.

Justin Trudeau has been around Canadian politics since he was a boy.
Why he has his father's legacy behind him.
What can possibly go wrong?

ReconWilly 04-25-2017 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK (Post 3525691)

:scared0018:

Puma 04-25-2017 11:05 AM

Softwood

From what I understand,

Canadian softwood lumber is mostly cut from government lands ie Forest reserve. This is cut by private companies from public lands at very little , almost no cost.

American softwood is cut mostly on privately owned land and the owner is paid market rates for the trees.

This does sound like an unfair advantage.

357Maximum 04-25-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma (Post 3525695)
From what I understand,

Canadian softwood lumber is mostly cut from government lands ie Forest reserve. This is cut by private companies from public lands at very little , almost no cost.

American softwood is cut mostly on privately owned land and the owner is paid market rates for the trees.

This does sound like an unfair advantage.

"This is cut by private companies from public lands at very little , almost no cost."

Just where did you come up with that "fact" ?

covey ridge 04-25-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimPS (Post 3525670)

:thinking-006:

You do have a way with words!:D

stringer 04-25-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott h (Post 3525685)
Alberta will be a ghost town if Trump has his way and puts a new tariff on Canadian oil.

On a positive note the hunting and fishing in Alberta will be great again. :sHa_shakeshout:

Redfrog 04-25-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by covey ridge (Post 3525686)
Well, lets see how our governments negotiators respond. I am glad that our PM is not just flipping off a knee jerk response to the headlines.

I think a good deal should be a good deal for both parties and not just one forcing the other to take less so that the other an make more.

I am tired of his ME first attitude!

You're referring to Trudeau? Correct?

Trudeau will do one of three things when threatened by Trump.

He will fart in Trump's general direction.

He will play dead.

Or He will take a selfie of himself doing either or both with a scowl on his face as proof that he is a tough negotiator.

Justin is our man if he can't, no one can't.

covey ridge 04-25-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK (Post 3525691)

Two idiots do not make a genius.

Scott h 04-25-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stringer (Post 3525701)
On a positive note the hunting and fishing in Alberta will be great again. :sHa_shakeshout:

Very good point !!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Scott h 04-25-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfrog (Post 3525702)
You're referring to Trudeau? Correct?

Trudeau will do one of three things when threatened by Trump.

He will fart in Trump's general direction.

He will play dead.

Or He will take a selfie of himself doing either or both with a scowl on his face as proof that he is a tough negotiator.

Justin is our man if he can't, no one can't.

As much as I am not a fan of Justin, your hero Trump has not had much success since he's been in office........just saying :thinking-006: