Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Amazon go stores (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=419794)

bat119 02-05-2023 08:24 AM

Amazon go stores

The future of shopping? If you think self serve check out takes jobs how about a store with no employees you scan to get in then take whatever you want and when you walk out your credit card is charged a receipt is emailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdbumR6Bhd8

ak77 02-05-2023 08:37 AM

I remember reading about it more than few years back. Considering it hasn't taken off on major scale I'd say it's not happening any time soon.

sns2 02-05-2023 08:43 AM

2000 years ago, John, Jesus’ beloved disciple was given a vision of the end of the age. He was shown a time where no one could take apart in any commerce without an official “mark” that was a sign of a dictator who ruled the world, “the Beast,” as John referred to him as.

“He required everyone—small and great, rich and poor, free and slave—to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. 17 And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name. 18 Wisdom is needed here.”

Hmmm…:scared0015:

sns2 02-05-2023 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak77 (Post 4607409)
I remember reading about it more than few years back. Considering it hasn't taken off on major scale I'd say it's not happening any time soon.

Hope not. Could you imagine if Trudeau had a switch and could shut off our ability to purchase if we didn’t carry on in lockstep with him?

Dude’s bank accounts frozen cuz they donated $50 to Freedom Convoy.

It’s a brave new world for sure.

bat119 02-05-2023 09:09 AM

Next will be bar code tattoos on newborn baby's with DNA codes included

Au revoir, Gopher 02-05-2023 11:18 AM

Pretty soon you will need a membership number to get into Costco... the horror! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

ARG

javlin101 02-05-2023 02:32 PM

They are a reality in Asia already in one form or another.
https://www.japan-experience.com/all...store-in-japan

EZM 02-05-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 4607411)
2000 years ago, John, Jesus’ beloved disciple was given a vision of the end of the age. He was shown a time where no one could take apart in any commerce without an official “mark” that was a sign of a dictator who ruled the world, “the Beast,” as John referred to him as.

“He required everyone—small and great, rich and poor, free and slave—to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. 17 And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name. 18 Wisdom is needed here.”

If the world bank is "the beast" and our encrypted banking cards are "the mark" - one could argue this prophecy has come to pass ....

But the again, you could make an argument to support virtually any cryptic statement, riddle, or prophecy and interpret it so many ways applying equally nebulous information (or random events) and give it meaning and tie it into whatever truth you want to believe I guess.

fishnguy 02-05-2023 02:47 PM

Quote:

What if they give me one on the left hand or the back of the neck?

pikergolf 02-05-2023 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZM (Post 4607494)
If the world bank is "the beast" and our encrypted banking cards are "the mark" - one could argue this prophecy has come to pass ....

But the again, you could make an argument to support virtually any cryptic statement, riddle, or prophecy and interpret it so many ways applying equally nebulous information (or random events) and give it meaning and tie it into whatever truth you want to believe I guess.

As a young man I spent a lot of time wondering about that particular prophesy. I could not fathom how it could happen, but then computers came and slowly the light began to come on. If some could build a super computer and we were all linked it come come to pass. Well guess what.... The freezing of bank accounts really spooked me, wouldn't even need extra police to enforce the rule . Just chip a person and done. I would be careful just dismissing it.... It is quit clear in the Bible that the "end times" will feature a one world government and that you will not be able to hide, buy or sell without the mark. Given WEF's version of what the future should look like I would think more would be spooked.

-JR- 02-05-2023 07:20 PM

The end of times could be the last 500 years before judgement days !

sns2 02-05-2023 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnguy (Post 4607496)
What if they give me one on the left hand or the back of the neck?

This would mean you vote Liberal.

3blade 02-06-2023 06:01 AM

Quote:

One can argue that referred to Caesar and his crown (you left out the …“these events will occur within your lifetime”), or hitler and his swastika

People trying to control other people isn’t new and certainly didn’t start with that prophesy. I see it more as a general warning about the nature of government.

fishnguy 02-06-2023 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 4607569)
This would mean you vote Liberal.

Lol.

urban rednek 04-06-2024 07:11 PM

AI requires manual oversight?

Thread revival for continuity!!

If it is any consolation, it appears that the much vaunted Amazon shopping AI was actually a lot of manual labour in India watching the camera feeds from the Amazon Fresh stores and "assisting" the software. It is being phased out and replaced with shopping carts that have built-in code scanners.
The smaller Amazon Go convenience stores, with a more streamlined product offering, will continue to use the AI billing system.

If you are still assisting the software to learn its job 7 years later, it isn't really working as claimed.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...n-1000-people/

Quote:

By Staff - The Washington Times - Thursday, April 4, 2024

While Amazon‘s Just Walk Out technology at its Fresh grocery stores was touted as being powered by artificial intelligence, a new report says it actually relied heavily on manual monitoring by some 1,000 people in India.

Amazon announced this week that it will be bailing on the Just Walk Out checkout technology — which used cameras and sensors to scan each item — and shift to the “Dash Cart,” a self-checkout shopping alternative.

The Information website first reported that “Amazon‘s artificial intelligence technology just meant outsourcing hundreds of jobs overseas to workers who can watch you shop in real time,” according to the Daily Mail.

“Amazon spokesperson Sarmishta Ramesh vehemently denied the allegations in an email to Dailymail.com, saying human staff in India annotate video images, which includes training AI-powered algorithms to recognize objects on the screen,” the Mail reported. The annotation, she said, “is necessary for continuously improving the underlying machine learning model powering Just Walk Out technology.”

As Amazon withdraws Just Walk Out from its U.S.-based Amazon Fresh locations, its replacement—the Dash Cart, a smart shopping cart—will harness an integrated scanner and screen to enhance the shopping experience.

With the transition, Amazon aims to provide customers with features such as product location assistance, real-time receipts, and savings tracking.

Ms. Ramesh said Amazon is opting to go with the new Dash Carts to give customers “the ability to easily find nearby products and deals, view their receipt as they shop, and know how much money they saved while shopping throughout the store.”
Interestingly, the Forbes article makes no mention of the human supervision. :rolleye2:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/walterl...h=68f6da661259

KC1 04-06-2024 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 4607510)
As a young man I spent a lot of time wondering about that particular prophesy. I could not fathom how it could happen, but then computers came and slowly the light began to come on. If some could build a super computer and we were all linked it come come to pass. Well guess what.... The freezing of bank accounts really spooked me, wouldn't even need extra police to enforce the rule . Just chip a person and done. I would be careful just dismissing it.... It is quit clear in the Bible that the "end times" will feature a one world government and that you will not be able to hide, buy or sell without the mark. Given WEF's version of what the future should look like I would think more would be spooked.

Agreed

KC1 04-06-2024 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JR- (Post 4607562)

Could be, but some are of the opinion that it is the last 7 years.

Au revoir, Gopher 04-06-2024 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC1 (Post 4714954)
Quote:

Originally Posted by -JR- (Post 4607562)

So somewhere between 7 days and 500 years... that narrows it down. Thanks!

ARG

Grizzly Adams1 04-06-2024 09:32 PM

One of my local grocery stores now has bars in the self check out so people can't leave with a cart full they haven't paid for, it's the only way left in this Liberal world to control shop lifting. This ain't going to happen.

Grizzly Adams1 04-06-2024 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC1 (Post 4714954)

Look up how many times the Jehovah's witnesses have decided the End is Almost Here. :lol: