Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Opening week end results (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=91661)

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 09:00 PM

Opening week end results

how did everyone do?

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7
hmm i think friday or was it saturday there was 3 kids that told me how to fsh the lake. like therre honey holes lol. seen lots of trout under the bridges but wouldnt take much. i think there after cronamids

ah i was there briefly sunday am.....you see all the dead brookies?

bubbles 05-09-2011 09:05 PM

Was out on sunday at Travers.

between 2 of us we hooked 12 Walleye and 1 pike.

Good day except the Asian's on shore keeping every thing they caught :snapoutofit:

under the regs limit on size

Dust1n 05-09-2011 09:05 PM

i couldnt find any brookies sadley and if i did they didnt apear to me. only a few bows. browns, carp, pike and perch.
the brookies were by the colvert last year. and by the little bay now there gone.
the bow was in 4fow beside a big rock. couldnt quite catch him an extr 5-10 foot cast would have though.
i was fishing on the bottom half of the pond.

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles (Post 935817)
Was out on sunday at Travers.

between 2 of us we hooked 12 Walleye and 1 pike.

Good day except the Asian's on shore keeping every thing they caught :snapoutofit:

hahahhhhaha thats so funny.....if they were white...would you say.......

Good day except the White people on shore keeping every thing they caught
or

Good day except the fisherpeople on shore keeping every thing they caught

or

Good day except the Poachers on shore keeping every thing they caught

Dust1n 05-09-2011 09:11 PM

chubbs what did u hook into at nic

bubbles 05-09-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 935822)
hahahhhhaha thats so funny.....if they were white...would you say.......

Good day except the White people on shore keeping every thing they caught
or

Good day except the fisherpeople on shore keeping every thing they caught

or

Good day except the Poachers on shore keeping every thing they caught

well im not racist but that's the best way to explane who they were ... could not follow them back to there car to write down there plate because there was way to many of them and they all look the same.. plus we were out on the boat...

i guess i could of said fisherpeople ...

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 (Post 935818)
i couldnt find any brookies sadley and if i did they didnt apear to me. only a few bows. browns, carp, pike and perch.
the brookies were by the colvert last year. and by the little bay now there gone.
the bow was in 4fow beside a big rock. couldnt quite catch him an extr 5-10 foot cast would have though.
i was fishing on the bottom half of the pond.

I saw 3 puffy floaters across from the launch.....wife took 1 look and said we are outta here

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles (Post 935825)
well im not racist but that's the best way to explane who they were ... could not follow them back to there car to write down there plate because there was way to many of them and they all look the same.. plus we were out on the boat...

lol.....hahhahaahhhahhhaha

you get any big eyes?

Dust1n 05-09-2011 09:14 PM

didnt even fish there...although i watched in the morning they went out of that hug bay and went into the channels. and at dusk they all went into the big bay. off the big/main bridge. northern section. how big were te brookies/ and any color to em?

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 (Post 935836)
didnt even fish there...although i watched in the morning they went out of that hug bay and went into the channels. and at dusk they all went into the big bay. off the big/main bridge. northern section. how big were te brookies/ and any color to em?

my guess 3-4 lbs.....the part of their bodies not submerged was reallly colorful

Dust1n 05-09-2011 09:22 PM

thought so. i got to fingure out how to get the brookies in there,,,,
mabe just not at the right time and spot.

Jwood 456 05-09-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 (Post 935844)
thought so. i got to fingure out how to get the brookies in there,,,,
mabe just not at the right time and spot.

When I was fishing a brook trout pond, I couldn't keep the brookies off of a the small orange backswimmer jig I was using. The brookies should be really hungry seeing that the ice is freshly off of the lake and there are still a lack of bugs for them to feed on. Also, maybe try a small mepps type spinner. I have seen brookies chase those spinners as if they were possesed.

Fishfinder 05-09-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 935804)
how did everyone do?

Saturday
-Bullshead - Skunked grrr (lake's got my number last couple outtings)
-Michelle res - several bows all around 13-15"ish
Sunday
-SSR - 3 walters biggest looked to be about 4-5# it was 25", 2 burb largest being 30", 1 sturg at 50.5"
Today
-SSR - 3 sturg largest around 3'(guessing, never measured any), and 1 giant crayfish lol. O and a couple suckas of course.

Was a fun extended weekend for me. Looking forward to the next one already:)

Cheers n GL!

Dust1n 05-09-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwood 456 (Post 935871)
When I was fishing a brook trout pond, I couldn't keep the brookies off of a the small orange backswimmer jig I was using. The brookies should be really hungry seeing that the ice is freshly off of the lake and there are still a lack of bugs for them to feed on. Also, maybe try a small mepps type spinner. I have seen brookies chase those spinners as if they were possesed.

i hate spinners lol.
and im sure i could easly kill the brookeis if i was using my spinning rod. i was fly fishing. i just couldnt spot any. same with at the other spot. were there was tons of brookies.

FishingFrenzy 05-09-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

LOL!!!!!

Lakes are still closed up here.. but may 20th im hittin Coal for some pike on topwaters!

Dust1n 05-09-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy (Post 935884)
LOL!!!!!

Lakes are still closed up here.. but may 20th im hittin Coal for some pike on topwaters!

same here most of our laes open around may 21
after blindman river im off to sylvan lake.

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishfinder (Post 935875)
Saturday
-Bullshead - Skunked grrr (lake's got my number last couple outtings)
-Michelle res - several bows all around 13-15"ish
Sunday
-SSR - 3 walters biggest looked to be about 4-5# it was 25", 2 burb largest being 30", 1 sturg at 50.5"
Today
-SSR - 3 sturg largest around 3'(guessing, never measured any), and 1 giant crayfish lol. O and a couple suckas of course.

Was a fun extended weekend for me. Looking forward to the next one already:)

Cheers n GL!

how was run up river?

congrats on good week-end

Fishfinder 05-09-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 935910)
how was run up river?

congrats on good week-end

Thanx, actually for time put in, expected to be a bit better but no complaints at all, some nice fishies caught:) Seen a weird lil sucka caught that's body was all bent outta whack almost in the shape of an "S" but appeared healthy?

Run up river?.....do u mean conditions?...sorry lil slow here lol. Assuming so, it is quite dirty/murky but it usually is, relatively slow current, and I would say slighty above average water level, never got a water temp anywhere. Was in 2 different spots today and yesterday.
Cheers:)

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishfinder (Post 935954)
Thanx, actually for time put in, expected to be a bit better but no complaints at all, some nice fishies caught:) Seen a weird lil sucka caught that's body was all bent outta whack almost in the shape of an "S" but appeared healthy?

Run up river?.....do u mean conditions?...sorry lil slow here lol. Assuming so, it is quite dirty/murky but it usually is, relatively slow current, and I would say slighty above average water level, never got a water temp anywhere. Was in 2 different spots today and yesterday.
Cheers:)

saw a few hull bats floating down by Monarch....wondering how the lower stream was like

npauls 05-09-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 935807)
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7
hmm i think friday or was it saturday there was 3 kids that told me how to fsh the lake. like therre honey holes lol. seen lots of trout under the bridges but wouldnt take much. i think there after cronamids

ah i was there briefly sunday am.....you see all the dead brookies?

The stocking must not have went so good if there was a bunch of dead brookies.

horsetrader 05-09-2011 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
had a good week end went out and got 2 BASS and a CAT

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsetrader (Post 935969)
had a good week end went out and got 2 BASS and a CAT

little slow HT.....whats the matter your gongshow radar batteries die...lol

npauls 05-09-2011 10:35 PM

I dropped my boat into chin for the day. Me and the old man landed around 10 walleyes for the day but were all pretty small. It was alot slower then I thought it would be and I ended up having some issues with my motor. Hopefully its all straightened out in the next couple weeks and I can get to Travers to test it out and hook some more eyes.

boot 05-09-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Haha, stupidity at its finest. Shouldn't there be a minimum education requirement to use the Internet? Maybe grade 7?:snapoutofit:

horsetrader 05-09-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 935973)
little slow HT.....whats the matter your gongshow radar batteries die...lol

Tired little off my game going to have to quit work it's starting to interfere to much ....lol.... will try harder

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsetrader (Post 935992)
Tired little off my game going to have to quit work it's starting to interfere to much ....lol.... will try harder

did you fish this week end?

horsetrader 05-09-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 936032)
did you fish this week end?

yea played around some ponds for perch took the wife out.

chubbdarter 05-09-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsetrader (Post 936040)
yea played around some ponds for perch took the wife out.

fished with a dear old buddy from the states
and my bestest fishing partner-my wife.
buddy was hung over ..lol ...caught alot of fish though
Wife kicked my azz in the big eye divison.

horsetrader 05-09-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 936077)
fished with a dear old buddy from the states
and my bestest fishing partner-my wife.
buddy was hung over ..lol ...caught alot of fish though
Wife kicked my azz in the big eye divison.

They never seem to let you forget it either ....lol
Mine fishes with me 90% of the time ice and open water
Happy wife Happy life...:innocent: